Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAMPAIGN: Spell it out in Black and White

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Following on from the "Write to Katrien" thread I felt that there needs to be a purpose to such a campaign, one that isn't just counter productive abuse as seen from a few on that thread but which aims to achieve something, however limited and unsatisfactory that might be to many. But it is has to be something concrete and measurable, something to aim for.

Many will say that "we just want them out" which is a legitimate view but not likely to encourage compromise or communication.

It also has to be something which can been seen and which, if it takes off, becomes harder and harder for Katrien, Roland and the media to ignore or claim they are unaware of.

And it needs to be something that most fans can buy into and join in with without violence or missing games

So here goes.

Spell it out in Black and White

The aims are:

- That by the end of the current season the board spell out exactly and with time frames and budgets what the business plan is for Charlton Athletic

- That by the end of the current season the club opens meaningful and two way dialogue with fans through public meetings attended by board members, regular articles on the clubs OS and any other avenues they choose.

- That the club immediately bring in and follows a policy of 100% response to all non-abusive letters and emails from fans and that the club publishes a list of senior managers with their emails so fans can contact the correct person directly.

- That the club create, by March 2016, and publicly invite membership from the fan base for a marketing working group to work towards having 20,000 gates at the Valley on a regular basis.

Why Spell it out in Black and White. The colours are part of our club colours and we won the FA Cup in white shirts and black shorts. They, of course, are also the colours of printed text.

The message to the club is "spell it out in Black and White" ie what are you doing and why.

Fans can show their support by wearing black and white badges, shirts, scarves (ala Man Utd fans yellow and green scarves), banners and this will be a visible display that can be seen in the stands, on the sofa and elsewhere. Change your icon on here or facebook if you want

It's a simple message that can be repeated to Katrien, to Roland and other staff "Please spell it out in black and white"

Fellow fans, feel free to laugh, to ridicule, to ignore, to say it is too much, too little or too late but it is something.

Over to all of you

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Totally agree with your idea
  • Would agree with all this but unless there is an 'or we're going to vote with our feet' sanction then they are hollow demands. It seems to me that this regime is very thick skinned so there has to be something that draws the attention.
  • Let's do it.
  • Yes, I'm in.

Something needs to be done.

Soon there will be a mob outside the West Stand similar to the Blackpool scenario.

This is a start and something that everyone can get behind.

Maybe a banner at the top of the forum as well, with the slogan written on? Was it @Stig that was good at that sort of thing? Could be wrong.
  • Banners at away games and home if you can get them in. They can't confiscate all of them.
  • edited October 2015

Banners at away games and home if you can get them in. They can't confiscate all of them.

Don't say "you" say "I"
  • Banners at away games and home if you can get them in. They can't confiscate all of them.

Agreed.

While this is all so fresh with last nights debacle, this is going to be one of the best times to get everybody on board.

I wrote a post recently saying that I was very indifferent about the current board. Bollocks to that, they're not doing well enough.

Something needs to change, desperately.

People will say that it's pointless, the owners don't care and won't change. Well, if we do nothing and just sit back and watch then of course that's going to happen. At least go down trying!
  • This gets my vote
  • We're too nice as fans. If this was happening at any other club there would have been a movement bigger than this a long time ago. Look at Cardiff and Hull.

Maybe CAST could kick things off by sending some black and white scarves to its members for winter?
  • Agree with this, good idea.

The only way it will work though is if it s properly visible. Scarves, t shirts etc will all need to be made, which will lead to people feeling like more of a 'group', which in turn will lead to more songs, protests etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    I like the idea. It is a step in the right direction.

The next match I have a spare ticket for and can attend is the Bolton match. My non attendance is my protest but I will have something black and white that day.
  • edited October 2015
    Ignore me... Just saw the reasons for Black and White was because of the FA Cup
  • Great idea.
  • count me in
  • I'm in. Will have a think about what else we can do/how I can help.

If we do this we should set up social media accounts specifically for this too.
  • I'm in. Will have a think about what else we can do/how I can help.

If we do this we should set up social media accounts specifically for this too.

Don't say "we" say "I" : - )
  • Too little too late as you say.

What it lacks for one is a punchline. What happens when they don't?
    Or what happens when the plan they reveal is rubbish?

I think appeasement has had its day with them.

Just don't go to games until they sell and actively seek new owners as we use every means possible to ridicule and hurt them.

• kentred2 said:

Just don't go to games until they sell and actively seek new owners as we use every means possible to ridicule and hurt them.

Genuine question here...

Would you buy a Football Club if you saw empty seats and barely anyone attending... Would you buy a club if you always have to answer to people (Based on the fact that you've built your money, listening to your gut rather than to other people?).

If I was one of those rare millionaires in the world I'd be asking myself:

- Who are these people to tell me what to do with my money (If they believe that by having a Season Ticket they have the right to tell me what to do, I'll just fork out an extra £400 per year for one myself)

- If no one attends these matches it must mean that the club has very few supporters so I'm not going to make any money from selling tickets
  • Need to find a black and white scarf now.

Sprouts out
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done for coming up with a constructive way forward and something we can all get behind.

Count me in.
  • kentred2 said:

Genuine question here...

Would you buy a Football Club if you saw empty seats and barely anyone attending... Would you buy a club if you always have to answer to people (Based on the fact that you've built your money, listening to your gut rather than to other people?).

- Who are these people to tell me what to do with my money (If they believe that by having a Season Ticket they have the right to tell me what to do, I'll just fork out an extra £400 per year for one myself)

- If no one attends these matches it must mean that the club has very few supporters so I'm not going to make any money from selling tickets
    If I knew the reason for the empty seats and believed growth would be possible yes. And it would be cheaper.

Have to consult on the detail of my business plan so the fans can feel involved? No.
  • I'm all for it. Judging by the attendances in recent home games, it seems supporters are leaving in their droves. Will they return is a big question or has the feeling of apathy become too deep?
  • kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Genuine question here...

If I knew the reason for the empty seats and believed growth would be possible yes. And it would be cheaper.

Have to consult on the detail of my business plan so the fans can feel involved? No.
    Thing is... Would the new man be told the reason for the empty seats... When you buy a house you get told all the benefits of buying the property, if there is damp or a problem you wont get told unless you research it yourself.
  • Saturday, turn up and then walk out when the game kicks off and all head down the pub!