Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Doyley on trial

Comments

• Options
    I knew his dad Papa Doyley
  • Options
    Lloyd Doyley and Shola Ameobi - not the best are they? They should fit in nicely.
  • Options

Lloyd Doyley and Shola Ameobi - not the best are they? They should fit in nicely.

Maybe not the best but players who know English football and this division, have a lot of experience and are available now.

Not ideal but we need cover at RB/CH and up top so they tick three boxes.

• Options
    Are they both cheap, if so RD will OK this
  • Options
    Doyley's performance at the Valley couple of years back worst ever half of football by a defender I had seen live.
  • Options

Written off on trial. Classic.

He hasn't been written off on trial. He's been written off because he's way past his best, isn't good enough, and was the last seen at The Valley being torn to shreds by Callum Harriott.
  • Options
    If we have a choice between youth players or has-beens I would play the kids.
  • Options

Or we could sign them on short term deals so we can do both.
  • Options
    Halix said:

He probably is relieved to get away from everyone speaking Italian, and him being one of the few Brits at Watfords training ground, boy is he in for a shock

Only Italian? What about the other 15 or so nationalities we have!

Anyway he is more of a right back than centre half.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Doyley's performance at the Valley couple of years back worst ever half of football by a defender I had seen live.

I raise you Gary Doherty or Migue Llera.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kentred2 said:

I raise you Gary Doherty or Migue Llera.
    Doyley was horrific. When Harriott ruins you then you know it's been a bad day.
  • Options

Or we could sign them on short term deals so we can do both.
    But not at the same time.:-)
  • Options

He hasn't been written off on trial. He's been written off because he's way past his best, isn't good enough, and was the last seen at The Valley being torn to shreds by Callum Harriott.
    Sorry. I didn't realise you see him 2 years ago.

Written off after one game from two years ago.

• Options
    Everytime I have seen him over the years, he has been unimpressive.
  • Options

Oh bore off. I've obviously seen him play more than once. Do you think he's good enough then?
  • Options

Oh bore off. I've obviously seen him play more than once. Do you think he's good enough then?
    Nah. Just fishing. I'll bore off.
  • Options
    If this is the sort of player we are looking at God help us.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

We need players and I suspect he's being hawked around by his agent for any training gig he can get. If he's not good enough then he won't be signed. I have enough faith in Luzon to recognise that.

Chill

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Sadly, I think this is the sort of standard of players we will be looking at for the rest of this season. I expect the objective now is to just to stay in the division with as little spend as possible and then have a crack at the playoffs next year. The management have fooked up this year by not getting enough players in during the summer. We needed a better back up keeper, a left winger and another striker and they failed to add those players which has cost Roland another year of bank rolling a money losing championship club that has no chance of a promotion push.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

dickplumb said:

Sadly, I think this is the sort of standard of players we will be looking at for the rest of this season. I expect the objective now is to just to stay in the division with as little spend as possible and then have a crack at the playoffs next year. The management have fooked up this year by not getting enough players in during the summer. We needed a better back up keeper, a left winger and another striker and they failed to add those players which has cost Roland another year of bank rolling a money losing championship club that has no chance of a promotion push.

Pretty much spot on, Roland can't want to keep bankrolling losses surely? he's going to want to have a go at promotion Eventually ,otherwise what's the point?
  • Options
    His point is to run a football club without losing money. That is the ambition, the challenge.

It can be done. Yeovil and Blackpool have achieved this in the last few seasons.
  • Options

His point is to run a football club without losing money. That is the ambition, the challenge.

It can be done. Yeovil and Blackpool have achieved this in the last few seasons.

I know you are being a little sarcastic with the above but...Blackpool had parachute payments which helped break even and whilst both did manage it and get relegated that is only managing for one season.

If we go down we lose something like £3-4M of TV money I believe plus sponsorship, corporate and season ticket money falls. I doubt our fixed costs (rates on a London football ground) would allow us to then break even unless wages were zero. Yeovil are better placed than us to break even in the lower leagues.

Add in the fact that any good kids walk without signing contracts - realistically decent young pros don't sign for League One clubs and bang goes any business plan.
  • Options

Blackpool haven't 'achieved' anything - putting the word achieve in relation to Blackpool is a bit of a pisstake to their club. Go ask one of their fans...
  • Options
    League One signing
  • Options
    Starting tonight for the U21s against Cray Wanderers in the Kent Senior Cup.
  • Options
    League Two signing
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

League Two signing

Should hold his own playing for us then.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

League Two signing

Preparing for the future, who said they haven't got a plan huh.