Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gomez out for 9 months with ACL injury

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4585900.ece

Poor kid. Particularly bad timing with the new manager coming in.

(Also, from a selfish perspective, i assume this will affect our compensation as I understand there are appearance based-payments?)

Comments

• Options
    Terrible for the lad, he has shown so much promise. Hopefully this is only a very minor set back.
  • Options
    I blame our physios.

Get well soon Joe

• Options
    Gutted for him
  • Options
    Shocking news for the lad. Sure he will come back stronger.
  • Options
    Genuinely devastated for him. Poor lad. There seem to have been loads of ACL injuries this season, wonder why
  • Options
    So sad for him. He'll be at a low for a bit, but by the time we see him again, he'll be upbeat and desperate to play. At least, I hope that's how it goes.
  • Options
    Can sometimes be a hard one to recover from. Gutted for him . Looked very good so far.
  • Options
    Shattering blow but most come back well from this kind of injury these days
  • Options
    They say astroturf is often to blame for ACL injuries. Well Ricoh Arena, where England U21 were playing Kazakhstan doesn't have true Astroturf, but it does have a weird hybrid of it.

http://www.xtragrass-hybrid-turf.com/sports-news/xtragrass-coventry-city-fc-wasps-ricoh-arena/
    May 2015 sees the beginning of work to install a full XtraGrass pitch at the Ricoh Stadium: home of Wasps Rugby Football Club and Coventry City Football Club. XtraGrass is a hybrid system which incorporates the reinforcement of natural grass with artificial turf; generating a high wear capacity capable of delivering up to 1000 hours per annum, and reduces the number of playing surface related injuries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it that's the loan back off?
  • Options
    Massive blow for him, but he's got a long career ahead of him.

• Options
    Get well soon.
  • Options
    Poor kid
  • Options
    That's gutting. I was chatting to one of his immediate family this morning, they didn't think it was too serious overnight
  • Options
    Absolutely terrible - really feel for Joe. Get well soon, Joe. You've got many many successful years ahead of you. Better now than when you're 30 and will take longer to heal and get fit.
  • Options
    Gutted for him. Hopefully he'll come back stronger from it. Such potential.
  • Options
    Crap he is in my dreamteam. All the best Joe
  • Options
    Not good news, but Joe is young and strong enough to recover. Be positive Joe, you will be back.
  • Options
    Sorry Joe. Everyone in my fantasy team getting injured. Should have sold you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always a shit time to get an injury like that but just as it all seemed to bebop fining up for him it's double shit
  • Options
    CTIGUK said:

They say astroturf is often to blame for ACL injuries. Well Ricoh Arena, where England U21 were playing Kazakhstan doesn't have true Astroturf, but it does have a weird hybrid of it.

http://www.xtragrass-hybrid-turf.com/sports-news/xtragrass-coventry-city-fc-wasps-ricoh-arena/

May 2015 sees the beginning of work to install a full XtraGrass pitch at the Ricoh Stadium: home of Wasps Rugby Football Club and Coventry City Football Club. XtraGrass is a hybrid system which incorporates the reinforcement of natural grass with artificial turf; generating a high wear capacity capable of delivering up to 1000 hours per annum, and reduces the number of playing surface related injuries.
    No different from the Desso pitch he's played on at Anfield, the Emirates or Stoke

• Options
    Terrible for the lad. Also, a more selfish way to look at it is in 12 months or so when he has recovered and gets back into the team he's going to be seen by the prem oafs as a Liverpool product and that Liverpool "made him".
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Horrible news, poor bloke.

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.
  • Options
    That's a shame. Wish him a full recovery.
  • Options
    Gutted for him.
    Many suffering that injury are never the same players and in some cases it can be career ending.
    Can happen at any level and gives some justification (in my thoughts anyhow) that promising youngsters should grab their opportunity when a big club comes in for them.
  • Options

Gutted for him.
    Many suffering that injury are never the same players and in some cases it can be career ending.
    Can happen at any level and gives some justification (in my thoughts anyhow) that promising youngsters should grab their opportunity when a big club comes in for them.

Funny how this is never brought up when a young player makes a big move and there is a chance that he won't make it at the bigger club.

I know it's not all about money for all the players but at least Joe will be earning very good money while he recuperates and gets back to fitness.

Ignoring the fact that this mightn't have happened if he'd still been with us, it does make his move last summer look like an inspired decision - especially if he struggles to get back to his very best.
  • Options
    Bloody hell :(
  • Options

Gutted for him.

Funny how this is never brought up when a young player makes a big move and there is a chance that he won't make it at the bigger club.

I know it's not all about money for all the players but at least Joe will be earning very good money while he recuperates and gets back to fitness.

Ignoring the fact that this mightn't have happened if he'd still been with us, it does make his move last summer look like an inspired decision - especially if he struggles to get back to his very best.
    It is brought up but the point is still valid. These days it is unlikely to end his career but with a new manager and a long term injury it could set him back a long way and just maybe he'll not be a good every again.
  • Options
    Gutted for Joe, really am, was sure to be given a real chance under Klopp