Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best players in the Championship this season (2015/16)

Be good to have a specific thread to note opposition players that impress, so please add comments after a game or from what you are hearing about other teams players.

Just read a Brighton fan raving about Dale Stephens, and how has been their best player so far this season. They turned down a £2.5m bid a couple of months ago, and reckon he is worth double.

Jordan Rhodes really is too good for this league, disappointed a prem club haven't taken a punt. Ross McCormack also showed against us just what a difference a quality striker can make to a game. George Thorne at Derby has also impressed me with the bits I've seen so far.

Anyone stand out from the games you've been so far?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Ishmael Miller, amazingly, was very good against us. It must have been a one-off - if he did that regularly he would be much higher regarded!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Oliver Norwood at Reading is someone people might be adding to this list after Saturday's game
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    A few at Leeds who I think will be Premier League players in the next year or two: Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt and Sam Byram.

Demarai Gray at Brum is obviously up there and I've always been a big fan of Adam Clayton at Boro as well.

• Options
    Thought Neil Danns was excellent for Huddersfield against us.
  • Options
    Jamie O'Hara looked good for Fulham last weekend.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    Dawson at hull has to be the best defender.
  • Options
    Clarke-Harris had a good game for Rotherham against us
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

MK Dons have an established international striker on their books. He's used to playing with the likes of Gareth Bale and rumour has it he has foot like a traction engine. Keep eye out for Simon Church in a few weeks.

...... when he scores against us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Sure you don't mean Sean Scannell? Would have said Kashi after the first few games but seems to have had a dip like the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

RedPanda said:

MK Dons have an established international striker on their books. He's used to playing with the likes of Gareth Bale and rumour has it he has foot like a traction engine. Keep eye out for Simon Church in a few weeks.

...... when he scores against us.

He'll be our best defender that day
  • Options
    He meant Sean Scannell
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

A fair few agree with you but Fulham had one up front, often dropping deep and O'Hara had the ball in not very dangerous areas. Stats suggest we weren't outplayed in midfield. He was tidy but didn't try a killer ball like Ba did on several occasions.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Sure you don't mean Sean Scannell? Would have said Kashi after the first few games but seems to have had a dip like the rest of the team.
    Yeah I did mean Sean Scannell, thanks for pointing out the mistake.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

A fair few agree with you but Fulham had one up front, often dropping deep and O'Hara had the ball in not very dangerous areas. Stats suggest we weren't outplayed in midfield. He was tidy but didn't try a killer ball like Ba did on several occasions.
    If I knew how to strikeout/add then I would have posted a "fixed it for you" response by adding "unsuccessfully " in respect of Bas killer passes
  • Options
    Another Reading player, Nick Blackman 9 goals in all competitions so far. Absolutely destroyed Ipswich who under MM are hardly ever on the end of a hiding.