Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop

I saw a tweet that suggested that the club shop had some new items for sale.

Is it just me or is anyone else a little surprised at printed t-shirts for £28 and retro FADS shirts for £36? With a new Nike replica shirt being £45 paying £36 for a 'not quite' replica of the Adidas FADS shirts seems a little greedy. I doubt it's the same quality as a branded sports shirt, and doesn't look the same without the adidas badge and the three stripes on the shoulder.

Maybe I'm being harsh but it looks, to me, like someone is ramping up the prices of the 'home made' items. Is this what Katrien meant when she said that they were going to increase the commercial revenue? T-shirts for more than five times the cost of those that were advertised in the Voice back in the 90s which were, in my view, more appealing.

Comments

• Options
    Have they got the 3rd strip in yet ?
    Have they got u4 kits in Avec styley ?
  • Options
    The FADS retro tops are nothing more than a polo shirt without the stripes.
    Anyone that shells out £28 for a t-shirt deserves to be ripped off.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The shop is outsourced (for the last season) so doubt KM has any say.

Just Sports run it and pay CAFC a fee plus a percentage.

More importantly October was when they used to decide on the kit design for the following season when I did that other thing.

Assuming lead in times haven't changed now is the time to ask the club to stick with a red shirt and white shorts.

No white home kits (the 2nd kit was nearly the 1st kit) or more abortions like last season's rugby league shirt please.

Since its about the youth and it is them that are more likely to wear the kit how about a pick from four options or alternatively a customer panel to guide the designs so that they are both attractive but stay within tradition.
  • Options
    More importantly October was when they used to decide on the kit design for the following season when I did that other thing.

If indeed the shop is being taken back to an "In house" operation the orders will need to be placed with a new supplier by November at the latest.
    Virtually all clubs kits are produced in Asia or China, hence the long lead time.
  • Options

Have they got the 3rd strip in yet ?
    Have they got u4 kits in Avec styley ?

no to 3rd strip
    yes to u4 avec guff

many thanks

you're welcome
  • Options
    garfield said:

If indeed the shop is being taken back to an "In house" operation the orders will need to be placed with a new supplier by November at the latest.
    Virtually all clubs kits are produced in Asia or China, hence the long lead time.

So any time now, if not already, KM and the Commercial people will be sitting down with whoever the new kit supplier is (have they chosen yet? no idea) and picking four kits. Home/away/third/keepers plus training kit/benchwear etc

It won't be a bespoke kit unless we go with a smaller provider ala macron. Go with Adidas/nike/puma (please not them) then you get a pick out of the catalogue.

I don't wear replica kits and now my son is over 12 I don't buy then either.

But I do expect the home shirt to be red. And the home shorts white. The socks can be hopped red and white or red.

The away kit would be better white with black shorts but feel free to mess about with that, and the third kit, as much as you like.

One other thing commercial people. Don't just look at how much the manufacturer is paying you upfront to wear their shirt. As important are how much kit you get free (for the first team and all the hundreds of youth players/coaches) and crucially what the wholesale price of the replica shirt is.

The wholesale price matters a lot because that is where the money is. Is Firm A sell you replicas for £20 and you sell them for £45 you make £25 (before tax and costs). If Firm B sell you replicas for £30 and you sell them for £45 you make £20 before tax and costs.

• Options
    so potentially looking at the 3rd kit for next season when you cant even buy this seasons 3rd kit
  • Options
    and what henry said with home kit

• Options

so potentially looking at the 3rd kit for next season when you cant even buy this seasons 3rd kit

On sale next week
  • Options
    Agree with Henry hope the club are listening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree with Henry hope the club are listening

That'll be an all time first under the Belgians ........................
  • Options
    The wholesale price matters a lot because that is where the money is. Is Firm A sell you replicas for £20 and you sell them for £45 you make £25 (before tax and costs). If Firm B sell you replicas for £30 and you sell them for £45 you make £20 before tax and costs.

Very true, a manufacturer CAFC had several years ago had a huge upfront cash offer on the table, but were then selling kit to the club for virtually retail prices.
    It meant the orders for the first team, under 21s and youth academy were prohibitive, it also meant trying to unravel the deal which was extremely difficult!
    I do hope the lessons have been learnt!
  • Options
    Agreed, keep the home kit how it should be - red shirt, white shorts, red socks - and do whatever the hell you want with the away kits. I really like our home kit this year
  • Options
    @garfield I think we're are talking about the same deal.

But as Edmund Burke said "those that do not know their history are doomed to repeat it"
  • Options
    @garfield I think we're are talking about the same deal.

Yes I think we probably are................trust me it did take some unravelling!
    As for not knowing the history - I don't think anyone who was involved is still there, however I believe the new CEO is commercial layer by trade so I am sure it will be fine!
  • Options
    You only learn two things from History
    1 You can't win a war in Afghanistan
    2 We don't learn from History
    Norman Smith 9/10/2015
  • Options

Is it just me or is anyone else a little surprised at printed t-shirts for £28 and retro FADS shirts for £36? With a new Nike replica shirt being £45 paying £36 for a 'not quite' replica of the Adidas FADS shirts seems a little greedy. I doubt it's the same quality as a branded sports shirt, and doesn't look the same without the adidas badge and the three stripes on the shoulder.

Maybe I'm being harsh but it looks, to me, like someone is ramping up the prices of the 'home made' items. Is this what Katrien meant when she said that they were going to increase the commercial revenue? T-shirts for more than five times the cost of those that were advertised in the Voice back in the 90s which were, in my view, more appealing.

There is a bit more design that has gone into the t-shirts than the average t-shirt produced with the club name on it, taking this into account, the price point seems about what might be expected.

The Fads shirts are different to the last lot of retro shirts produced by the club, neither had the adidas badge, but the stripes have also gone now. The price seems about the going rate.
  • Options

There is a bit more design that has gone into the t-shirts than the average t-shirt produced with the club name on it, taking this into account, the price point seems about what might be expected.

The Fads shirts are different to the last lot of retro shirts produced by the club, neither had the adidas badge, but the stripes have also gone now. The price seems about the going rate.
    Really? I'm not doubting you, but they seem too expensive to me.
  • Options
    In my experience the shop is only interested in profit - I asked if they'd stock books by local authors and they wanted £6 profit per book with a deal on return if no sale so they probably want a fair whack above the original price of t-shirts as well. I'm not saying the shop shouldn't be interested in profit, or else it couldn't survive, but its merchandise is also a way of advertising the club so should take that into account when pricing things.
  • Options
    centurion said:

In my experience the shop is only interested in profit - I asked if they'd stock books by local authors and they wanted £6 profit per book with a deal on return if no sale so they probably want a fair whack above the original price of t-shirts as well. I'm not saying the shop shouldn't be interested in profit, or else it couldn't survive, but its merchandise is also a way of advertising the club so should take that into account when pricing things.

The shop isn't interested in advertising the club as it's not run by the club.

When it comes back in house next season we'll see if things change
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the fads replica shirts for £36!!?
    All the replica ones made by score draw are £25 for most clubs and think these are made by the same company ?? If so £11 more??
  • Options

Just seen the fads replica shirts for £36!!?
    All the replica ones made by score draw are £25 for most clubs and think these are made by the same company ?? If so £11 more??

Contact Score Draw and ask if you get a cheaper price direct with them

http://www.scoredraw.com/page/contactus.html
  • Options

garfield said:

So any time now, if not already, KM and the Commercial people will be sitting down with whoever the new kit supplier is (have they chosen yet? no idea) and picking four kits. Home/away/third/keepers plus training kit/benchwear etc

It won't be a bespoke kit unless we go with a smaller provider ala macron. Go with Adidas/nike/puma (please not them) then you get a pick out of the catalogue.

But I do expect the home shirt to be red. And the home shorts white. The socks can be hopped red and white or red.

The away kit would be better white with black shorts but feel free to mess about with that, and the third kit, as much as you like.

One other thing commercial people. Don't just look at how much the manufacturer is paying you upfront to wear their shirt. As important are how much kit you get free (for the first team and all the hundreds of youth players/coaches) and crucially what the wholesale price of the replica shirt is.

Good stuff but I can't be the only one who noticed that you calculated 45 minus 30 to be 20???
  • Options
    edited October 2015

garfield said:

Good stuff but I can't be the only one who noticed that you calculated 45 minus 30 to be 20???

Only if you could be arsed to read it all

;0)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The club shop is useful as in 'I'll meet you outside the club shop'.
    That's about it.

Your doing it a disservice, theres a cashpoint at the side. ;)
  • Options
    Anyone know why the club shop isn't open online? Been saying its closed for a while now and to come back later. Can't find a phone number either.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Anyone know why the club shop isn't open online? Been saying its closed for a while now and to come back later. Can't find a phone number either.

Transferring to a new provider and preparing for the Hummel range.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

ChiAddick said:

Transferring to a new provider and preparing for the Hummel range.
    Thank you.
  • Options

garfield said:

Maths degree coming in useful there Callum!