Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to this , had some excellent reviews. Best manager never to take charge of England was Cloughie.
  • Options
    Looks good
  • Options
    But surely the Brian Clough story has been done to death now?
  • Options
    Halix said:

But surely the Brian Clough story has been done to death now?

(Enter the ghost of Brian Clough) "Now listen 'ere young man, you can never have too much of a good thing."

Thirty great Cloughie quotes here http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/lists/160118/top-30-classically-pithy-brian-clough-quotes.html
  • Options
    It doesn't look so much like a 'film' in the classic sense with actors on the silver screen. From the trailer it's more of a Julien Temple style documentary: old film, new interviews and lots of camera zooms and pans across old photographs to fill in the gaps whilst the music of the era gets prominent position. Personally, I'd rather see Michael Sheen doing his best Cloughie impersonation. That said, the format seems pretty similar to that 'Senna' film and everyone raved about that, so I'm sure it'll be ok.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Stig said:

It doesn't look so much like a 'film' in the classic sense with actors on the silver screen. From the trailer it's more of a Julien Temple style documentary: old film, new interviews and lots of camera zooms and pans across old photographs to fill in the gaps whilst the music of the era gets prominent position. Personally, I'd rather see Michael Sheen doing his best Cloughie impersonation. That said, the format seems pretty similar to that 'Senna' film and everyone raved about that, so I'm sure it'll be ok.

Because of the Sheen film I just wonder who would pay out to watch this, it seems a odd choice of subject. Senna was different because it was the first real film of his life and was easier because they had clips of his races, the conferences and the drivers meetings. With Clough you will have him watching the game, being interviewed after matches and clips of his TV appearances, which seems much more limiting. Unless they explore his alleged bungs I cant see whats new that they can bring to the table.