Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

kent Cup hythe away

The u21s start their defence of the Kent cup tonight at hythe town. Anybody going along?

Comments

• Is there a stream;-)
  • I'm on my way...
  • Ansah is back
    Ansah is back
    Allo, allo
  • Ansah is back
    Ansah is back
    Allo, allo

Noticed he took Newport County with a storm
  • Lookman must be our most exciting prospect. Watched him a few times and always seems a class above.
  • U21 starting XI | Beeney; Barnes, Holmes-Dennis, Staunton, Konsa; Kelly, Muldoon, Aribo; Ansah, Hanlan, Lookman. #cafc
    Subs | C Thomas, Yao, Edwards, Bone, Lapslie. #cafc

No Henderson
  • The two teams are out here at @hythetownfc. Full coverage of the Kent Senior Cup first-round clash coming up. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Wheres Umerah?
  • edited October 2015
    1-0 Lookman 85th min

"an unstoppable effort from 20 yards"
  • Cray Wanderers in the next round.
  • When is the Cray game?
  • Surprised that Mitov didn't play. Doesn't he need some game time so he's sharp if/when Luzon finally loses patience with Pope?
  • Davo55 said:

Surprised that Mitov didn't play. Doesn't he need some game time so he's sharp if/when Luzon finally loses patience with Pope?

He may be away on international duty with the Bulgarian under 19's
  • Put him on the bench, he is better than Bergdich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great finish..he looked sharp all night..Ansah..at least i think it was him didn't look all that bothered.
  • edited October 2015
    dickplumb said:

Put him on the bench, he is better than Bergdich.

Scoring against Hythe Town to being on the bench against Reading ?
    You may be right as Kennedy is one i'm not sure about.
    I like to see Homes-Dennis given a chance in that Bergdich role

At least Lookman is 18 this month opposed to KAG who was thrown in against Bournemouth last season when just 17 and with hardly any U21 games.
    Saw the 2nd half against Sheff wed on line and he has a bit of magic about him.

Lookman has scored some cracking Goals For CAFC since joining late, after impressing for the London FA against CAFC U16.
  • My judgement has got nothing to do with him scoring against Hythe Town. It is based on watching him for a couple of Seasons. If Kennedy, a shadow of the player Lookman is, can get a starting place, why not Lookman? He is a game changer, Kennedy is a workmanlike plodder. Every time I see Lookman I am reminded of Raheem Sterling. He is fast, good on the ball and can finish. He just needs some more game time with the U21s and I think he will be pushing for a starting position in the first team.
    I also feel that the big Clubs will soon be sniffing around.
  • I Know your one of the best judges of young talent as you watch loads of games Dick, and you concur with my opinion of the youngsters most of the time.

Do you feel that out of that group of 17 to 19 year old forwards that Lookman is the best of the bunch and is at least on a par with Aherne-Grant who is starting to improve as he gets more games in the 1st team ?
  • Lookman is head and shoulders above all the 17 to 19 year old forwards as regards flair. Umerah is a big lump and reasonably quick but a bit clumsy. Hanlan is also pacy and strong. Ahearne- Grant I feel should be learning his trade in the U21s but because of our injury situation has been thrown into the deep end. Kennedy is not good enough and am amazed he is in the first team squad.
  • FWIW I agree with Dick, and am amazed Kennedy got his chance based on performances for the U21's. I think Lookman needs more game time, but him and KAG must be the best forwards we have produced in a long while.

Defensively I really like Konsa, definitely a first team player of the future there. Surprised THD has not had more of a look in. Maybe when Fox goes to Manure in January...
  • Cray Wanderers game at Hayes Lane, Bromley will be next Wednesday (November 4th) 7:45pm kick off.
  • Nice one,count me in :)
  • I'll be there.