Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading Away Tickets - Online Nonsense

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Has anyone successfully purchased tickets online for more than one person for the above?

I'm trying to get them for myself and my wife and daughter but it keeps prompting me to link them to transaction. When I use the add function it just keeps saying they already exist in the system.

I know others have had issues with this poxy thing and was wondering if anyone has found a workaround? I assume you need to link people as tickets are cheaper for season ticket holders (all 3 of us are).

Seems to me that the system is still not fit for purpose.

Comments

• Options
    It's been the same all season. I've given up trying. It's ok to buy 1, but more than 1 and it's not fit for purpose.

It's now been 2 months, what a shambles we have become.
  • Options
    phone the ticket office, at least you might stand a chance of receiving the tickets
  • Options
    But not Thursday afternoon.
  • Options

phone the ticket office, at least you might stand a chance of receiving the tickets

And get charged a booking fee as well won't I?
  • Options
    Same problem today, and ended up buying two tickets by phone with a £2 charge. Have asked them to look into it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Has anyone successfully purchased tickets online for more than one person for the above?

I'm trying to get them for myself and my wife and daughter but it keeps prompting me to link them to transaction. When I use the add function it just keeps saying they already exist in the system.

I know others have had issues with this poxy thing and was wondering if anyone has found a workaround? I assume you need to link people as tickets are cheaper for season ticket holders (all 3 of us are).

I managed to set up some new users (who weren't new, but there you go) some time ago and linked to them to buy Reading. Happens they are ST holders, but not on these IDs, so I think if you set up dummy entries you can link them to your purchases. I've never managed to set up a link to any email address already on the system, because it doesn't seem to generate the authorisation email. Others may have had a better experience?!
  • Options
    Of course, the cynic would say that it's purposely made difficult in order to make you ring the ticket office and pay the booking fee!! I gave up with them after emailing 3 times and never getting a reply! Sad thing is, it was never like that before. Prompt replies whenever I had the need to email.
  • Options

I managed to set up some new users (who weren't new, but there you go) some time ago and linked to them to buy Reading. Happens they are ST holders, but not on these IDs, so I think if you set up dummy entries you can link them to your purchases. I've never managed to set up a link to any email address already on the system, because it doesn't seem to generate the authorisation email. Others may have had a better experience?!
    Thanks. I re-cycled a couple of old email addresses and it let me set them up. Seems utterly bonkers to me that the "driver" for registration for a 10 year old is an email address!.

As you say there appears to be no way of linking existing people as when you request a link nothing happens.

Essentially this is going to fill their database with duplicate entries and will no doubt lead to more chaos when season tickets are sent out next year.

Think this is one for the fans forum to pick up.
  • Options

I did do it when i got Cardiff tickets. IIRC there was no authorisation email, but if you go into the requested account, there's an acceptance thing there. Not near a computer so can't check. Btw there's a charge online now too so you aint saving anything
  • Options
    It would also help matters if were able to purchase tickets a bit sooner at times(I do realise we are at the hands of the home team though).
    I always purchase my tickets at the ticket office by person(not on a Thursday you realise) and sometimes it only gives us one matchday to purchase.

It seems that a simple thing is being made very frustrating and complicated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:

I did do it when i got Cardiff tickets. IIRC there was no authorisation email, but if you go into the requested account, there's an acceptance thing there. Not near a computer so can't check. Btw there's a charge online now too so you aint saving anything
    The only charge I got was £1.00 postage. Phone attracts postage and booking fee doesn't it?
  • Options

CatAddick said:

The only charge I got was £1.00 postage. Phone attracts postage and booking fee doesn't it?
    I'm sure in the past, online home tickets were free p&p, but as I said I was away from the 'puter so couldn't check. Still reckon I'm half right ;-)
  • Options

Of course, the cynic would say that it's purposely made difficult in order to make you ring the ticket office and pay the booking fee!!

Then why would they pay for and implement a new online ticket system?

I imagine it's more to do with people being useless, rather than anything sinister.
  • Options
    i booked online yesterday 1 members tickets and 1 non members ticket still a quid posting fee, wont use again
  • Options
    I got two tickeys for myself and a mate at Sundays match, as could not buy on-line due to the nonsence above. My mate is not a season ticket holder or a regular Charlton follower, but comes to one or away matches and acts as my driver. I am not willing to give his personal details to the club, I find this very intrusive.
  • Options
    i managed to just put my details on both.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Same problem today, and ended up buying two tickets by phone with a £2 charge. Have asked them to look into it.

The young lady in the ticket office sorted this for me this morning. Worth contacting the ticket office either on 03330 144444 or by e-mailing tickets@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Will we take more than our current average? ;)
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Yes, I reckon we'll have about 1000.

The away following has been quite poor this season and cannot see it improving in the next few games.

Middlesbrough, Bristol City on Boxing Day, with Hull in January will be poorly attended.

Burnley on the 19th December will be interesting to see the turnout.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

We will take more than our current average for upcoming matches at Reading and Franchise matches.

We still have not had our 4 most popular away matches in the league. I am certain are average will be less than 4 figures by the end of the season though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks. I re-cycled a couple of old email addresses and it let me set them up. Seems utterly bonkers to me that the "driver" for registration for a 10 year old is an email address!.

As you say there appears to be no way of linking existing people as when you request a link nothing happens.

Essentially this is going to fill their database with duplicate entries and will no doubt lead to more chaos when season tickets are sent out next year.

Think this is one for the fans forum to pick up.

i managed to just put my details on both.

You can buy multiple ticket for the same match with one ID providing they are in different price categories, e.g. adult, U18 or member, non-member - it hasn't been allowing you to buy two in the same category with one ID.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

i booked online yesterday 1 members tickets and 1 non members ticket still a quid posting fee, wont use again

One pound ?

Edit - when is this game ?
  • Options
    If you buy the family tickets on sale, where will you be sat?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

One pound ?

Edit - when is this game ?
    yeah was £10.00 for my under 25 ticket member, and then £13.00 for my mates under 25 ticket non member, then a pound postage fee, the not using again isn't because of the postage charge but just the length of the transaction quicker to ring up match is 17th october
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

The local swimming baths for the first half, and McDonalds for the second
  • Options
    Can away fans get tickets on the door this Sat? Want to take the youngest like last year but won't know if we can go till Friday night
  • Options

Can away fans get tickets on the door this Sat? Want to take the youngest like last year but won't know if we can go till Friday night

You'll be waiting a long time.
  • Options

Check your dates

• Options
    Ha Ha that's what I get for listening when an 11 year old says we're away to Reading this weekend!!!!!
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I went to buy two adults and two children (went in person - not online) and was told I could get all four for £44 if it is bought as a family. I was assured they are in the away end and you enter through the same place (Gate 9) so I assume it is at least next to the away fans. To be honest for that sort of price I'd be happy to sit on someone's lap in the home end.

Got to say that's pretty good value.