Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 2-2 Fulham

many thanks to the 83 Lifers who gave marks, stats here:

Comments

• Options
    Interesting next 5 games, three of which are against 20th, 23rd and 24th in the form table with two against 1st and 2nd.

Our form this season suggests we will therefore beat Reading & Middlesboro and lose the others.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Was going to moan about Ba getting harshly marked, but Bergdich too?! He offered lots of space for attacks but that's because he was intent on getting forward. Because we were losing. And he got forward quite well. Christ.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Was going to moan about Ba getting harshly marked, but Bergdich too?! He offered lots of space for attacks but that's because he was intent on getting forward. Because we were losing. And he got forward quite well. Christ.

Sorry what did Ba offer other than one run when he side footed the ball to their keeper (might have been a Pope beater but no one else)\
  • Options
    He was our best player in the first half. He won the ball, mostly distributed it well, played some cracking crossfield passes, got stuck in, linked nicely with Solly & JBG

In the second half, he still did ok, but there was one pass out wide that their LB intercepted, one through-ball to JBG that was fractionally overhit and one low finish that their keeper got to. Based on this, people have marked him 4 or 5 out of 10. It's f**king ridiculous. I can't be the only one that remembered his first-half display? The applause he got when he was subbed seems to indicate that I'm not.
  • Options
    A bit of a worry we have been winning lesss than half are tackles for most of the season, this is why we do not control games I would suggest.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Leuth said:

He was our best player in the first half. He won the ball, mostly distributed it well, played some cracking crossfield passes, got stuck in, linked nicely with Solly & JBG

In the second half, he still did ok, but there was one pass out wide that their LB intercepted, one through-ball to JBG that was fractionally overhit and one low finish that their keeper got to. Based on this, people have marked him 4 or 5 out of 10. It's f**king ridiculous. I can't be the only one that remembered his first-half display? The applause he got when he was subbed seems to indicate that I'm not.

Or were people applauding the arrival of another player? Perhaps a captain type?

I have to disagree that he was our best player in the first half! Bar Pope (smashing it long upfield) Fox and Watt (Not sure he knows how to pass) Ba had the worst passing accuracy thus gave the ball away 1 in 4 times he attempted a pass. (75% is not awful but when you've contributed little else other than an engine to run up and down it's not good enough)

Whilst the full stats of what each and everyone had were:
    100% - Moussa
    95% - Ahearne-Grant
    92% - Bergdich
    91% - Bauer
    87% - Cousins
    87% - Solly
    86% - JBG
    83% - Diarra
    83% - McAleny
    82% - Jackson
    75% - Ba
    70% - Watt
    65% - Fox
    38% - Pope

I don't personally see how he rated higher than Bergdich but it could be because Ba's decision making and passing inaccuracy is starting to bother me.

I'm not saying he was the worst on the pitch overall. That falls down to Pope.

Ba was just very average. (I have to say our passing in general this season has been poor and he was at least better than some of the team averages)
  • Options
    Stats barely say anything for god's sake! Ba was looking to make penetrating forward passes so of course his rate was lower than most

People applauded Ba off then cheered Jackson on.
  • Options
    Ok but the stats and my eyes agree with one another.

As I said, I just felt he was distinctly average and that these 'penetrating forward passes' resulted in nothing.
  • Options
    I thought Ba had a decent game. He is the best midfielder for winning the ball back, making clean tackles when he was not favorite to get the ball.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ok but the stats and my eyes agree with one another.

As I said, I just felt he was distinctly average and that these 'penetrating forward passes' resulted in nothing.

Ba is a strange one ?

what a mixed bag of good passes, bad passes, good tackles, bad shots.

There could be a decent player in there, but he is so erratic that it hard to call.
    Maybe he is still adjusting to the pace of the championship.
    Time will tell.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I notice that Aerial duals won, nearly doubled what it has been in the last few games, I said after the last game, that until we start winning more of these we will not get anywhere
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I notice that Aerial duals won, nearly doubled what it has been in the last few games, I said after the last game, that until we start winning more of these we will not get anywhere

With the exception of the Fulham game, every game with 50% or above aerial duels won, Makienok played the majority of the game. That's no coincidence, he's useful in defence as well as attack and we've missed him badly since he's been out. 9points out of five games with him, 1 point from 5 without (I count the Huddersfield game in that). Stats don't prove everything but they certainly help in this case.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The stats also support the view that I formed from watching on tv, that we got a lot of crosses in. Was that down to a change in our tactics or to Fulham giving us the chance to do it? I want to see what a fit Mak can do with a decent supply of crosses.