Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Views on summer signings?

Bauer is the standout for me - strong, composed on the ball and doesn't panic under pressure.

As for the others I still have my reservations
Kashi - good defensive midfielder but v defensive
Makienok - strong, good in the air, tracks back but not a natural finisher
Sarr - needs to play more. Doesn't look the most composed player I've seen but can head the ball.
Bergdich - v fast, poor positioning and can't defend. V disappointing so far.
Ba - combative midfielder but prone to poor decision making.

Expected a bit more but early days.

Comments

• Options
    Spot on.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Bauer - Relatively solid, not entirely convinced at times (doesn't seem to be a great tutor for Sarr).

Sarr - Not very composed, bags of confidence and a real threat on corners... at either end.

Bergdich - Too early to decide. He seems fast and can cross... why isn't he consistently being tried on the wing.

Kashi - Good hard tackling defender, scored the longest range goal I've seen from a Charlton player.

Ba - Awful passer of the ball, awful striker of the ball and awful decision making, has an engine though andd will learn having JJ at the club.

Ceballos - Looked quick and energetic then got injured.

Makienok - Useful, Typical big man that creates opportunities for others whilst having an unexpected twist of being a fairly solid CH too.
  • Options
    Bauer is decent
    Kashi has gone downhill since our form in general has gone downhill, but I like him
    Sarr can't defend and worries me
    Makienok has bricks for feet but is great in the air
    Bergdich is lightweight and lacks quality
    Ba is very poor
  • Options
    Lots of people seem to really like Ba, I don't quite see it though
  • Options

Poor old Ceballos.

Forgotten already

Who..??
  • Options

Poor old Ceballos.

Forgotten already

I saw him in the car park after the match with a 'Beckham boot on' don't think he's going to be around for a long time.
    Any news on whats happened to the Kashmeister, not even on the bench?
  • Options
    Bauer - excellent

Kashi - very good at what he does, but sometimes needs to get it forwards a bit more quickly

Ba - dynamic and composed. Occasionally makes a rash decision and his finishing needs some work, but I'm in favour

Sarr - think he's very promising tbh, will be some player for this level

Makienok - an extremely competent link forward

Bergdich - fast, tricky, like it when he's attacking the edge of the box. Jury's out on his defending

Still reckon these are good signings.
  • Options

Poor old Ceballos.

Forgotten already

I saw him in the car park after the match with a 'Beckham boot on' don't think he's going to be around for a long time.
    Any news on whats happened to the Kashmeister, not even on the bench?
    I thought I read that Kashi is having an operation on his ankle this week, do not know how bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're all turd
  • Options
    Bauer is very good but jury out on all the others as yet. Some good moments from all of them, but some awful ones
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Bauer is very good but jury out on all the others as yet. Some good moments from all of them, but some awful ones

Fair enough but Germans are better at coming into other people's countries and making themselves at home.

To be fair to all of them they are new in the country and team, the team has changed constantly and a lot of their English team mates are very young (as are they).

Some players need more time to settle and some might never do so or not be good enough but got to cut them a little slack for now.
  • Options
    I really hope I am wrong CE.

I am usually a big champion of the unsung grafter who you don't see as obviously beneficial but then stats show how vital he is to the teams results. So that's a great point. I'd counter it's too few games to draw that conclusion and I have made a snap judgment on what I've seen, totally unjustified and a bare opinion but it's an opinion forum after all.

I think he is good on the ball. It's off the ball I am baffled by his running style and positioning. He is naive in terms of game brain and the target man needs to be the savvy player above all. Kermogant has a wonderful picture of the game in his head and that is why he was such a top link man.

However, he does seems a smashing lad, certainly a decent personality, and I hope he develops.
  • Options
    He's far from perfect, but him and Henderson are vitally important.

He holds the ball up pretty well and is a damned nuisance. Without him the opposition, push much further up the pitch.

The defence and the midfield have no space to find a man and the ball just comes straight back to the defence.

He's also our best defender of set pieces.
  • Options
    Bergdych. Meh.
  • Options
    Sarky reply #2.
    They are a good thing IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Bauer - Relatively solid, not entirely convinced at times (doesn't seem to be a great tutor for Sarr).

Sarr - Not very composed, bags of confidence and a real threat on corners... at either end.

Bergdich - Too early to decide. He seems fast and can cross... why isn't he consistently being tried on the wing.

Kashi - Good hard tackling defender, scored the longest range goal I've seen from a Charlton player.

Ba - Awful passer of the ball, awful striker of the ball and awful decision making, has an engine though andd will learn having JJ at the club.

Ceballos - Looked quick and energetic then got injured.

Makienok - Useful, Typical big man that creates opportunities for others whilst having an unexpected twist of being a fairly solid CH too.

bit harsh to ask Bauer to be a tutor to Sarr when he's adapting to English football at the age of 22 himself (currently same age albeit for only a couple more weeks)
  • Options
    That's a fair point if true I thought Bauer was 26 for some reason!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    We've not brought in a centre half (Bauer aside) than Roger Johnson Ben Haim, Bikey or Gomez

I've not seen a better creative midfielder than Chris Eagles that we've signed

Kashi and Ba have been ok not better than Jordan Cousins or Johnnie Jackson in anything beyond having a lot of the ball in our own half. Kashi is definitely the better of the two but adds nothing more than Jordan.

Poor Nick Pope has been a liability. The sooner Henderson is fit the better but I'm loathe to give him stick because he kept us in enough games. I know Pope is not a Duchatelet signing

• Options

Rommedhal should bring some speed on the right, as should Thomas on the left, though he always cuts inside and defenders may find him out. Karkouri is a bit of a loosw cannon IMO thouugh potentially a threat. Bent will make all the diffrrence for us and Luke Young should be in the national team. Sorry. Which summer are we talking about?

2005?

Chis Powell looks solid at the back and makes great attacking runs - could go on to be a fan favourite
    Andy Hunt - Scored for fun in division 1, can he do it in the Premiership? He has the best song so I love him!
    Neil Redfurn - Scored on his home debut but has disappeared...

name that summer ^^^

• Options
    Bauer - Very good. Decent centre half, who leads by example. Strong, good in the air, and can tackle. What's not to like?
    Kashi - Still unconvinced. I missed the first few games, where he got rave reviews. From what I have seen, he plays defensive mid but doesn't protect the centre halves enough. Plays sideways too often too.
    Makienok - Love Big Mak, and he's been sorely missed. He is Leaburn reincarnated. Will create loads but score less.
    Sarr - Still young and raw but I think he's OK. Has an eye for goal, and though he looks wobbly, he has done OK in the games he's played.
    Bergdich - Quick, but not great defensively. Gives us an option on left mid and as a very attack minded left back if we need to go that way (when losing).
    Ba - Average start for him, Passing accuracy is an issue, and he doesn't look like he will score many.
    Ceballos - Has talent but needs to show it over a longer period than he has been able so far.

Overall I don't think we can be too upset with any of the signings. They will all still be settling in and getting used to the new surroundings and hectic playing schedule, so we could still see vast improvements when the other more settled players (Solly, Fox, Hendo, Watt, and Diarra) come back to their best.
  • Options
    OAndyHunt said:

Rommedhal should bring some speed on the right, as should Thomas on the left, though he always cuts inside and defenders may find him out. Karkouri is a bit of a loosw cannon IMO thouugh potentially a threat. Bent will make all the diffrrence for us and Luke Young should be in the national team. Sorry. Which summer are we talking about?

2005?

Chis Powell looks solid at the back and makes great attacking runs - could go on to be a fan favourite
    Andy Hunt - Scored for fun in division 1, can he do it in the Premiership? He has the best song so I love him!
    Neil Redfurn - Scored on his home debut but has disappeared...

name that summer ^^^

Toooo easy... Is 1998!!
  • Options
    Bauer - Looks a good player, and settled in well
    Kashi - Looks decent, though had a slight dip after a good start
    Makienok - A shame the injuries have blotted his progress, as he was just settling in, and gives us a different option up front
    Sarr - Not been impressed with him so far, still adapting to the English game
    Bergdich - Ineffective so far
    Ba - Unexceptional so far, a bit too similar to Cousins to play together?
    Ceballos - Too soon to say
  • Options
    Bauer ..agree with earlier comment Germans do settle in well in other countries ,Poland for example ,looks good player has a good temperament
    Kashi ...seems to be confident on the ball ,will need to show more attacking intent ..looks like hes crocked now
    Mak ...gives us something we didnt have ...will he play 30 games for us this season?
    Sarr not seen much of him
    bergdich ...not a left back or a left winger although he plays on the left
    Ba ..poor mans amady Faye
    Ceballos ...ought not to play in a strong wind ,may not have the physicality required
  • Options
    Bauer - 8/10 and promising

Sarr - 6/10 but with some promise

Bergdich - 4/10 and not sure he'll make it

Kashi - 7/10 solid for this level

Ba - 5/10 but not sure his head is 100% yet

Ceballos - 4/10 bit headless, maybe I'm being harsh here

Makienok - 8/10 exactly what we needed

Average - 6/10 guess this score is for those in charge of signings
  • Options

Ahmed KASHI - 7/10 Like the look of him good engine, think he is a good player like to see him being a pivot in a midfield 3.

Patrick BAUER - 8/10 Adapted really well, looks a class centre-back, very promising.

Naby SARR - 6/10 Can see him being a HIT & MISS player decent aerial ability but think he will make mistakes.

Simon MAKIENOK - 7/10 Target Man which was needed has had a impact hopefully will kick on and stay injury free.

Christian CEBALLOS & El-Hadji BA - 5/10 Both 22 and haven't played that much first team football and it shows both hopefully develop with us

Zakarya BERGDICH - 5/10 For a experienced international player looks raw and wild has pace but needs to improve tactically and mentally if he is to make a impact in the championship