Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you Johnny Jackson

Comments

• Hope he gets to 50 goals
  • Although Wikipedia has him down as having 50 now, I thought he was on 48
  • Love Jacko to bits.
  • edited October 2015
    Johnny Jackson, Captain, does what it says on the box...
  • SE7West said:

We need a leader on the pitch, and Jackson is by far the best leader we have in the heat of the game. It's time Luzon sees this as well. Though perhaps he prefers leading himself from the sidelines...

Great comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been crying out for something like it since the going got tough - some REAL experience and grit can go a long way in this league amongst a team of youngsters. Him, Bauer, JBG and Cousins only real ones to come out of that match with some credit.
  • What an impact. Should have been on earlier
  • people say he hasn't got the leg for 90 minutes, if that is so then start with him and let his ability and leadership spread through the team and sub him when he is tired and wecare winning
  • Carter said:

Let the naysayers shut the fuck up. How many times has he been a hero for us

"He's past it"

"He has nothing to offer"

"His legs have gone"

Getting in the fecking sea the lot of you.

Was you listening to the same bloke i was sitting next to on the bus, that was more or less what he said word for word to a couple the other side, had to get the bit in i have been coming down here for 58 years this is the worst side i have ever seen, blah blah blah
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    What does that pie taste like then? Smells quite good from here. Mind you as a keeper's view of the game I'll cut you some slack. Oh and by the way Ba 10 on the players marks hmmm.
  • We need to find a way of accommodating him by surrounding him with the right kind of players. There have been occasions when the game has passed him by and he looks anonymous. He doesn't have the legs to dominate a midfield for 90 minutes. But he does bring qualities that we have been very lacking recently. Namely leadership, passion, a cool head, experience and a goal scoring threat.
  • Colin, give us a song, Colin, Colin, give us a song! Shhhhh ahhhh!

Johnnie, oh Johnnie Jackson, runs down the wing for me!

Get in!
  • Leuth said:

A bit of a reality check here, folks...

JJ is a great leader, a talisman and a threat in the penalty box.

He can't do 90 minutes as his legs really have gone. But he's good at finishing, whether with head or foot, and he takes up good positions.

He really won't be able to play many full games; they will simply pass him by. But he is a really, really good man to have a) around the squad and b) on the bench

I believe that even as a 'doubter' I opined throughout that he'd be a good bench option. So it has proven.

If he starts the next game and bosses it I'll be prepared to swallow my words, but the way you lot are going on it is as though Our Lord And Saviour descended upon the inept fools of Duchatelet and effortlessly showed them all up.

It does not work like that. He made a major contribution to a rousing comeback but then so did most if not all of them. Yes, his introduction might have raised a few standards, but I think everyone deserves credit today.

How do you know he cant do 90 miutes not really been given much chance to show what he can do
    Do you remember the Brentford game last season? He was given that chance. Played quite well. We all did.

He didn't make it to half-time.

I will give him some credit for us playing well that day, but we need to restrict our doses of JJ carefully.
  • JJ was a passionate and frustrated set of fresh legs which exploded at the right time. He deserves to be involved with the 1st 11 more.
    Gave us the lift and change we certainly needed.

Happy charlton fan at the moment. Very grateful to the late goals and last min rescue.
  • SE7West said:

We need a leader on the pitch, and Jackson is by far the best leader we have in the heat of the game. It's time Luzon sees this as well. Though perhaps he prefers leading himself from the sidelines...

Based on Luzon's interview at the end,he does see it.
  • edited October 2015
    Leuth said:

He can't do 90 minutes as his legs really have gone. But he's good at finishing, whether with head or foot, and he takes up good positions.

He really won't be able to play many full games; they will simply pass him by. But he is a really, really good man to have a) around the squad and b) on the bench

I believe that even as a 'doubter' I opined throughout that he'd be a good bench option. So it has proven.

If he starts the next game and bosses it I'll be prepared to swallow my words, but the way you lot are going on it is as though Our Lord And Saviour descended upon the inept fools of Duchatelet and effortlessly showed them all up.

It does not work like that. He made a major contribution to a rousing comeback but then so did most if not all of them. Yes, his introduction might have raised a few standards, but I think everyone deserves credit today.

Agree with this. If he isn't going to play 90 minutes we definitely need someone with his character and leadership who can though.
  • Leuth said:

Agreed with most of your points but not all of them.

Jackson inspired the comeback himself rather than a team effort. When he came on the game was over but he's a great option to come off the bench. No one can doubt his influence on the team and I'd go so far to say he's the only future Hall Of Fame contender since the Premier League days.

Let Jackson rightly take the credit today but I agree his legs have gone and think today's JJ is his role in the squad. He's not going to oust Cousins or Kashi from CM but maybe he can go back to LM in the short term.