Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham | Sun 04 Oct | 12noon KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Charlton Athletic v Fulham
Sunday 04 October 2015 ... 12noon Kick-Off
Referee: James Linington (Newport)

Introduction

Firstly, apologies for the delay in issuing this weeks preview.

Back prior to the Rotherham game I discussed what effect the latest break could have on our squad and the fixtures to come (with results either going in our favour or heavily against us), sadly results went the latter and this weekend we approach our last game before the next break pretty much crawling our way based on the way results have gone.

Tomorrow though we need to forget what happenef against Huddersfield, Cardiff and Blackburn, those results are history, they cannot be changed, on form you cant see where our next win will come from yet every now and again the form book is thrown out the window and this Sunday you have to hope the book makes a bloody big hole as we play host to the Sky cameras for this first time this season, along with our London neighbours: Fulham.

The Opposition
For those looking for someone to blame for the delay to this preview, they can partly lay the blame at the door of the FulhamLife forum... As mentioned last time out, I am looking to freshen up my match previews from the usual black and white style, yet the newest feature will have to wait a little bit longer.

The Season So Far: Last term, much of the summer transfer window for the Championship involved Fulham and the signing of Ross McCormack for £11m, that gamble didnt work and Fulham had to settle for a finish at the wrong end of the table in their first season back in the English 2nd tier.

This season their transfer dealings havent been so lucrative yet agaib with a certain Alan Curbishley in the background, they have centred around experience and talent with the signings of Ben Pringle (Rotherham) and Richard Stearman (Wolves)... The start this time out hasnt been great and its still a case of jekyll and hyde performances, a 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers last time at home made people thing that things were improving yet a 3-0 defeat last time out against Wolves meant that the monster is still lurking.

The Fans View - Charlton
As per the new feature there isnt much hope around CharltonLife at the moment and a drop in attendance could be very possible this Sunday (no doubt a win will see all that change as we so often see these days)... Most predict a defeat as our poor run in front of Sky cameras continues yet some do see a 2-0 victory.

In terms of a key player for Charlton, many see Nick Pope being key to the Addicks managing to take any type of result on Sunday, despite the mistake against Huddersfield and ultimate defeats following that match, Pope has been one of the players who can walk away with his head held high as he's kept results down with some key saves.

Prediction
Charlton Athletic 2-0 Fulham

Comments

• Thank you FA, expecting nothing, hoping for everything, as I am normally wrong, I go for a 1-3 to Fulham
  • Cairney out for Fulham, a big player for them. 2-1 Charlton
  • Inconsistent Fulham, improving Charlton (I HOPE) .. any result would not be a surprise

CAFC 2v Fulham 2
  • edited October 2015
    Don't know why but i reckon we will win this (against many others opinions and indeed mine just a few days ago!!) 2-1 Addicks. I wont be doing a match thread on Sunday as I'll be watching the game live, as will most others that aren't at the game. COYR's
  • If Big Mak was playing I'd say Charlton win. But he probably isn't so...draw
  • Fulham too be to resilient after 10 man big defeat to Wolves, Draw if Charlton play well 1-1.

• I was really looking forward to this until they changed it to a noon Sunday fixture, which makes it impossible for me.

Just hope it's entertaining enough for the Sky armchair experts and not the usual curse for us.

1-3 Fulham
  • Going to make it, as I'm in London for the weekend. Not very confident, particularly as we are on TV, but will stick my neck out and say 2-1 to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well being positive, at least we're not in the bottom 3
  • Can't see us outscoring Fulham. We might be lucky and get a draw but i doubt it. Bye Bye Guy ( I'm sounding more pessimistic than OohAah ! )

1-3
  • A comfortable win for West London.
  • Easy away win 3-0 to Fulham. Complete meltdown on all forums.
  • dickplumb said:

Complete meltdown on all forums.

Thats not a prediction, thats been a statement for the last couple of weeks
  • We'll leapfroggem.
  • There won't be a lot in it. 1-0 either way. Too close to call.
  • Hard to call as both teams seem lacking at the moment. Makienok out and we'll struggle.bregardless if the result, I'll be looking for attitude tomorrow. If I get the impression that some of our players are sulking/not giving their all I'll be an unhappy bunny. Hopefully recapture that august buzz. I'm not holding my breath.
  • A match on Sky and a chance to get back on track with our goals being replayed on repeat on Skysports News to cheer us all up. Lets hope so but probably not. 1-1 and at least it stops the rot.
  • Home banker, 2-0 charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard to call as both teams seem lacking at the moment. Makienok out and we'll struggle.bregardless if the result, I'll be looking for attitude tomorrow. If I get the impression that some of our players are sulking/not giving their all I'll be an unhappy bunny. Hopefully recapture that august buzz. I'm not holding my breath.

We won a lot of games without a huge target man last year. Time for Watt, among others, to stand up and take responsibility
  • As we're on Sky we won't score. 2-0 to Fulham with the referee, Fox and Pope getting most of the blame and abuse.
  • colin1961 said:

Still without injured players and players carrying knocks take a draw ...... Best we can hope for hopefully our season can start after the international break

We said that last time...
  • We wont score they will so 0-1 and we will huff and puff as usual.
  • Charlton 1 Fulham 0
  • I think we will scrape a draw 1-1
  • edited October 2015
    Last week ?

England lose at rugby, Charlton Lose, Chelsea only draw,6 team Acc go's down.

This Week

England lose at rugby, Chelsea lose, 5 team Acc go down. Charlton ?

Give me a break.

Give 100% effort and give the CAFC fans a win.

We feel battered after the last 5 games.
  • Scruffy 1-0 home win, thanks sky and BR for making this a pain in the ars to get to.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!