Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Love of the game

With all the dirt coming out of FIFA and the slow eroding of my affinity with CAFC, I am struggling with a loss of faith in football. Work has meant that after two decades I have had to give up my season ticket, this may not have helped with my blaise attitude. However what has become of the game in general and that none of my three children show the slightest bit of interest means that I can slowly feel myself drifting away. The next generation changing their minds may save me, their youthful joy could reignite my passion, but as it stands they are yet another thing pulling me away.

Don't get me wrong I am still grumpy if we lose, just that I am not that bothered about being there anymore. Modern life and football is crap.

Comments

• Is there going to be one of these threads literally every 2 or 3 days now?* Not to denigrate your experience, but in some form or other the game will carry on - I'm saying that it's more you than it is football, which you probably suspect anyway.

*provided our losing run continues; these threads tend to disappear after a win
  • Leuth said:

Is there going to be one of these threads literally every 2 or 3 days now?* Not to denigrate your experience, but in some form or other the game will carry on - I'm saying that it's more you than it is football, which you probably suspect anyway.

*provided our losing run continues; these threads tend to disappear after a win

Not sure winning will cure my malaise, but I thought I made that clear. It is a personal thing and I simply wanted to vent, this forum is a very cathartic place for me.