Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheerleaders - Just NO.

edited October 2015 in General Charlton

We have been working had on an intense routine for @CAFCofficial ! Grace will be doing some tricks too! #cafc pic.twitter.com/tKwE7U0Hdd

— Mana Cheerleaders (@manacheerleader) October 2, 2015

Dear Katrien,

My heart sank when I saw that Cheerleaders are coming back.

It was a terrible idea before and it is a terrible idea now.

I'm sure they are very talented, work very hard at their sport and enjoy it but it is still a terrible idea.

It just looks cheap, sexist and rather desperate on behalf of the club.

It doesn't help create an atmosphere, bring in more fans (young or old) and just annoys a lot of fans. Yes, we now know you think what long standing fans think doesn't matter and complaints are for dismissing rather than learning from but you are still wrong. It isn’t “new” or “fresh” nor does it appeal to a different demographic.

If you think that by copying this very embarrassing aspect of what Palace do but ignoring all the other things that they do do well at Palace (like articulating a vision for the future, communicating with fans and backing their managers financially) then you are badly missing the point.

Let it be a one-off on the TV and then stop it. All these unconnected and pointless gimmicks (the Sofa, the last minute Kids for a quid with hardly any advertising) are no substitute for a thought out, planned and long term marketing strategy linked to the long term vision for the club. Whatever that is.

Just stop the cheerleaders. Please

Comments

• Options
    Ohhh this is just rubbish, no no no
  • Options
    Can it be more embarrassing than that sofa?
  • Options
    Those girls who went through their paces in the north-east corner of the pitch at half-time during a few games last season - are they cheerleaders, or dancers? Either way, they moved better than our players.
  • Options

Those girls who went through their paces in the north-east corner of the pitch at half-time during a few games last season - are they cheerleaders, or dancers? Either way, they moved better than our players.

But can they score, err goals, I mean
  • Options
    I thought the idea of Cheerleaders at the Valley had already been dealt with last season, terrible idea.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Another 80 year old complaining ;)

Oi! I'm 32
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    f*** sake! Why Charlton Why????
  • Options
    Send them to Surrey . The sad Nigels love a cheerleader
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cheap, sexist and rather desperate. Sounds like me in my teens.

And my 20s. And my 30s
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

cheap, sexist and rather desperate. Sounds like me in my teens.

And my 20s. And my 30s
    snap!
  • Options
    Deary me, not been KM's greatest week has it?

Just hope she doesn't totter onto the pitch at half time with a microphone and start shouting "Let's be 'avin you!'
  • Options
    It does seem a bit "desperate" (desperate for anything)

Should be soley concentrating on the football aspect of things especially at this particular time. Thought the cheerleaders was just a one off?
    Having watched the reading video, I'm at least comfortable in the knowledge that nothing will ever top how bad that must feel.

Maybe all this garbage is almost a reflection on us fans.

Like attempting to do just about anything to cheer up a miserablely stubborn quiet and depressed man...how ever embarrassing and whatever the risk.

Just bring in good players that will work well with the team...aquire the targets of the manager and back him.

Take an actual gamble that's worthwhile instead of wasting your money on a standstill (making a few charlton fan weirdos believe you have purposely invested in charlton just to try and ruin it)
    then more fans will turn up and fully appreciate what you have done!

• Options

Deary me, not been KM's greatest week has it?

Just hope she doesn't totter onto the pitch at half time with a microphone and start shouting "Let's be 'avin you!'

Don't go giving her ideas....
  • Options

A robin paraded and released before the game?

Now, that would be quite nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Eh whatever.

It won't add anything to the match day experience at all but if the girls want to prance around for a little bit, they're welcome to. Most fans will be on the concourse or having a pint in the pub.

It's somewhat different to goal music as that is something you CAN'T ignore and detracts from the post-goal atmosphere. Cheerleaders, take it or leave it.
  • Options
    'Katrien, that Karl Henry's signed a new contract with Wolves'.

'Shit. Release the cheerleaders!'

'...'
  • Options
    You may jest but I heard that Katrien thought that goal music was a good idea.....
  • Options
    *sigh*
  • Options
    That woman must have such an inflated opinion of herself and her ideas.
  • Options
    Chucking my season ticket in the bin
  • Options

Yeh but what are they like from a throw in?
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Another 80 year old complaining ;)

Oi! I'm 32
    Now now Pinocchio that's not the chap I met the other week :wink:
  • Options
    I'd prefer an extra chip