Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Is there any other professional football club anywhere that would not have at least one person manning its ticket office the day before a local derby when there are no ticket restrictions in place? (Bearing in mind that paying at the turnstile is not an option.)

Sometimes I think KM & RD would be happier if their team played in an empty stadium.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Sometimes I think KM & RD would be happier if their team played in an empty stadium.

The fantastic new plastic seats are easier to see when there's nobody sitting on them.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Probably saving money so they do not have to pay overtime for Sunday. So they are working Sunday instead of the normal match day Saturday. Cost cutting where will it stop?
  • Options

Why only announced the day before ??

Time for many on Sunday is already short because of no trains and noon kick-off.

Fans Forum - do your duty !!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Maybe they are trying to push everyone onto the online ticketing system? Printing tickets at home etc.
  • Options
    Parody Beyond
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The club has been doing its best to keep fans away since around 2008....
  • Options

If this leaves anyone short of a ticket I have a spare one for the top of the NW. Please PM if of interest.
  • Options
    What's the situation on underage tickets now? Does a light flash if a young person's one is scanned? I'm asking for a err, friend.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

What's the situation on underage tickets now? Does a light flash if a young person's one is scanned? I'm asking for a err, friend.

In the West stand lower all tickets produce the same response.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

Time for many on Sunday is already short because of no trains and noon kick-off.

to be fair it's been announced for a while now (I've definitely seen it)

and in all honesty how many tickets will they sell for this tomorrow!
  • Options

to be fair it's been announced for a while now (I've definitely seen it)

and in all honesty how many tickets will they sell for this tomorrow!
    According to the OS announced 7hours & 30mins ago.
  • Options
    I'm sure I've seen it on the Twitter feed
  • Options

I'm sure I've seen it on the Twitter feed

You sure that wasn't the cheerleaders mate, they can have that effect on you :wink:
  • Options

it's only old buggers

Isnt that 90% of Charltons fanbase these days?
  • Options
    Well if they don't want our money I'm sure some will find other ways to spend it.
    I'm committed to something else on Sunday but if not I'd have looked to pay at the gate. What are they thinking of.
  • Options
    i don't normally take part in the collecttiive hand wringing and lambasting of RD/KM but this is absolutely barking!!!
    Surely cant be cost cutting cos the lost revenue from tickets that would have been sold on Saturday would far outweigh overtime for 1 or 2 staff.............. surely????
  • Options
    To be fair, how many people would physically go to the ticket office on Saturday, instead of just turning up a bit earlier on Sunday? It's not as if the game is going to sell out
  • Options
    I agree that it sounds odd but I suspect that they will not lose out. Anyone that is close enough to just pop down on a Saturday is close enough to get there five minutes early on Sunday.

Anyone that needs to get a train is, I would have thought, unlikely to get a train there and back the day before to buy a ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hours traveling to get to the ground to get a ticket saturday morning

get one online

Get to ground 5 minues early

Got a ticket any other day

Which one would 99%+ of sensible people rule out as a option, the remainder use as a excuse as sprout the same old crap
  • Options
    edited October 2015

To be fair, how many people would physically go to the ticket office on Saturday, instead of just turning up a bit earlier on Sunday? It's not as if the game is going to sell out

I don't know the answer to your question. But for many people it's a non-work day, perhaps the only day they can pitch up? So, if you've got a slightly complex situation, like a lost ticket, buying tickets for an away match and you can't get to Sunday's game, want to buy seats for mates near your own seats, want to make an enquiry about when half-season tickets will be available for family xmas presents, don't have web access, want to upgrade to a different area of the ground, etc, etc, it would have seemed like the ideal opportunity to do so wouldn't it?

Fans know that the club have indicated that the ticket office is open from 10am to 1pm on non-match Saturdays. Not everyone will have seen the inter web or twitter closure announcement. And it was very late.

Why risk antagonising anyone, who might turn up to spend their hard-earned only to find the office closed? They might think, stuff that, I'm finished with this club.

We're talking 3 hours money plus a little bit of electricty to get one member of staff in the office who could be doing other things if there were no punters. Flogging just two Zone Two adult tickets would probably have covered costs.

It's bad business and just might have cost a future season ticket sale - year-on-year.

It's yet another from a long list of examples of a business being run by an amateur.
  • Options
    International break next weekend . . .