Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum Open Again

The technical difficulties (ie the lift) have been fixed so we're open again tomorrow (Friday 2 October) from 11am to 3pm

We won't be open before or after the Fulham game due to the early kick off.

Comments

• Options
    Open again today.

The new mannequins really make a difference
  • Options
    Hi Henry - what days will you be open during half term (Oct 27-30th) Thanks
  • Options
    Most likely just the Friday but that is a good idea. If we can find more staff we could try another day.
  • Options
    Thanks HI. Friday it is then.
  • Options
    The museum is open today from 11.30 to 3.30 in case you are looking for something to do on a wet half term Friday.

Trustee Ian Wallis/KillerJerryLee is on duty.

And you might be one of the first to see the fantastic timelines crafted for the museum by @Stig
  • Options
    CharltonAthMuseum ‏@CHATHMuseum 35m35 minutes ago Stevenage, England
    Museum closed today due to technical issues I am afraid, on the upside our elevator is one step closer to becoming an historic exhibit!

Bloody Lift!
  • Options
    Please visit the Museum if you get a chance. The Chaps have worked very hard on this.
  • Options
    Met a couple of Charlton fans tonight that never knew the Museum existed, so hopefully they'll pay a visit. Is the museum open before the game tomorrow?
  • Options
    Open. Closed. Open again.

Proper drama.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, open before the Sheffield extravaganza. I shall be there by 11.30 and stay open till 1.00 See you there.
  • Options
    Any xmas/December dates for the museum?
  • Options
    There's a museum ? Is there a link ?
  • Options

Any xmas/December dates for the museum?

Friday 4th were opens normal.

Sunday 6th there are a couple of tours of the Valley with a lunch that include the museum.

We'll be open before Saturday 3.00 pm KOs from 1.00 to 3.00.

But we need to check the dates for the holidays so check here or on @chathmuseum just in case.
  • Options
    Open today (11.30 to 3.00) and tomorrow (11.00 to 1.00)

And we're selling Steve Bridge's book from today
  • Options
    Any chance 28th December for a look, and a book hopefully.
  • Options
    is that a 3.00 pm KO?
  • Options
    Evening game, I think, if not we'll be along very soon.
  • Options
    Wolves H Monday 28th December 3pm ko.
  • Options
    Thanks, in that case I can't wait to have a look around, I'm hoping to find out if there was a snooker table in the main stand in the late sixties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    IF it is a 3.00 pm KO then we should be open from 11 to 1
  • Options

Open today (11.30 to 3.00) and tomorrow (11.00 to 1.00)

And we're selling Steve Bridge's book from today

Do you have any plans to open on non-matchdays over the Xmas holidays? My daughter and I really want to come along but we can't get to the ground much before 2.30 on matchdays.
  • Options
    I'll see who wants to volunteer to open up over Christmas

• Options

I'll see who wants to volunteer to open up over Christmas

Cheers. Although I'd forgotten the game on 28/12 so should be able to get along then.

• Options

IF it is a 3.00 pm KO then we should be open from 1 to 11

An all nighter ? or 11am to 1 pm :smile:

• Options
    the latter
  • Options
    Ten Nine books left in the museum for sale as one was sold today
  • Options

Thanks, in that case I can't wait to have a look around, I'm hoping to find out if there was a snooker table in the main stand in the late sixties.

I remember a Sunday People article some time in the mid-60s - an interview with Don Townsend. The gist was that little ever changed at sleepy ol' Charlton - "I bet if you go down to The Valley today you'll find that the snooker table still runs into the [can't remember which] pocket" ....
  • Options

Just a small reminder for those looking for Xmas gifts that the Museum has more and more books and photos for sale ....
  • Options
    Went there Saturday.

It is excellent, and of great credit to the individuals who no doubt put a lot of time and effort in.

A labour of love, congratulations.