Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clash of games Sunday

With us kicking off at 12 noon and the Mersey derby at 1.30, I should not think Sky will have many viewers for our second half, even if they had some for the first half. No doubt a lot of viewers would rather hear about their game before it starts than watch the end of ours.

Comments

• And.....?
  • Notice Sky aren't even advertising our game! Publicity just about Arsenal/Moan Utd, Everton/Liverpool and ......Atletico Madrid/Real Madrid!

Makes you wonder why they have put us on.
  • edited September 2015
    Essentially equivalent. The big dark thing with the fin is Ross McCormack. The people on the beach are Charlton Athletic. Roy Scheider plays for someone else, probably Brighton or something
  • iainment said:

I didn't realise it but we've tickets to see Jaws at the Greenwich Picturehouse on Sunday afternoon so we'll miss the game. Jaws being my partners favourite film of all time.
    It's far from my favourite but that's relationships for you.

Reality bites.
  • 5am kick off over here....that's a bit nasty on a Sunday morning!
  • Football match , then indoor cricket match for my eldest ....touch
    I may only get to see the first half
  • Oakster said:

5am kick off over here....that's a bit nasty on a Sunday morning!

Same for me. I've had nastier on a sunday morning so I'll take it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It happened a few weeks ago with Fulham v Blackburn, cos of the kick off times, Sunderland v Spurs was already 20mins in by the time the first match had finished.

Is disappointing cos when there are three big Premier League games being shown on a Sunday they stagger them all so they can all be seen.

The Charlton match has been advertised, was mentioned after the MK Dons match, the Championship matches never get advertised during a Premier League match (Cant have people thinking other leagues exist)
  • I've got a game Sunday morning, so not going, will miss the first 20 mins or so and watch in the bar....I suspect they'll be plenty more like me, could be less than 10k in the ground
  • I've got a game Sunday morning, so not going, will miss the first 20 mins or so and watch in the bar....I suspect they'll be plenty more like me, could be less than 10k in the ground

Two down at HT and there will be hardly anyone!
  • 13 out of 15 season ticket holders that I know in our lot not going due to kids playing footy etc and I doubt the other two are either
    Still it's on telly greeeeat
  • Seems ridiculous Sky shoehorned this in when they've a Prem double header.

I'll be there though
  • Weird timing, isn't it? I quite fancy watching a game in a pub (still looking for that lucky pub where we actually win on the box), but you know they'll turn over to the Liverpool game before the end. Guess I'll have to go to the game!
  • Massive inconvenience for many fans & lowest ACTUAL home attendance of the season. Algarve's happy though :wink:
  • Oakster said:

5am kick off over here....that's a bit nasty on a Sunday morning!

Tough to open a tinnie at 5am (unless you haven't been to bed yet).
  • Sponsored links:

• The place is going to be empty! I'll be at Wembley for the Dolphins-Jets game
  • CAFC v Fulham does not get a mention. Plenty of choice for all.

12.30pm – Alfred Dunhill Links Championship (Sky Sports 4)

1.30pm – Everton v Liverpool, Premier League (Sky Sports 1)

1.30pm - Ajax v PSV Eindhoven, Eredivisie (Sky Sports 3)

2.30pm – Argentina v Tonga, World Cup Pool C (ITV3)

4pm – Arsenal v Man United, Premier League (Sky Sports 1)

4.30pm – Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund, Bundesliga (BT Sport Europe)

4.45pm – Ireland v Italy, World Cup Pool D (ITV3)

5.30pm – Kansas City Chiefs @ Cincinnati Bengals (Sky Sports 2)

7pm - World Grand Prix, darts from Citywest Dublin (Sky Sports 3)

7.30pm – Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid, La Liga (Sky Sports 1)

8pm – Paris Saint-Germain v Marseille, Ligue 1 (BT Sport 2)

9.15pm – St Louis Rams @ Arizona Cardinals, NFL
  • Leuth said:

Essentially equivalent. The big dark thing with the fin is Ross McCormack. The people on the beach are Charlton Athletic. Roy Scheider plays for someone else, probably Brighton or something

So, McCormack scores a hat-trick, but suffers a massive injury just before full time. And Charlton end up winning?
  • Game against Ipswich is live to another early KO 12.30 but at least it's a Saturday.
  • Struggling to find a bar in Puerto del Carmen that will be showing it, everywhere here is showing the bloody scousers or Rangers or some such crap
  • sam3110 said:

Struggling to find a bar in Puerto del Carmen that will be showing it, everywhere here is showing the bloody scousers or Rangers or some such crap

Mainly Irish bars when we were there...Rangers will go down well...good luck finding somewhere showing Charlton Sam. Theres a big sports bar on the main strip by the beach that had Sky Sports news (you will at least get up-dates there).
  • In the old town of Puerto del Carmen inside a little shopping centre type place is a massive Irish bar with about 5 screens. The landlord kindly put the Charlton game on in one corner when we asked him as he's able to play different games. I'm sorry tho I cant remember the name as this was a few years ago now.
  • It'll all be over by half time anyway
  • ross1 said:

With us kicking off at 12 noon and the Mersey derby at 1.30, I should not think Sky will have many viewers for our second half, even if they had some for the first half. No doubt a lot of viewers would rather hear about their game before it starts than watch the end of ours.

Go out and forget about it and enjoy your weekend. ;-)