Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We'll be fine

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

hope PL54 has posted his cheque

I paid on the Upbeats JG page last week thanks little lad.

I posted the point on the associated thread here of course but I had been censored at the time for not crawling up the right arses.
    In fairness to the administrators, I think the censorship was because you were winding a lot of people up. But you know that ...
  • Options
    PL54 said:

fair play

• Options
    mogodon said:

PL54 said:

I posted the point on the associated thread here of course but I had been censored at the time for not crawling up the right arses.
    In fairness to the administrators, I think the censorship was because you were winding a lot of people up. But you know that ...
    Are you trying to wind me up ?

Oh and there was no censorship anyway......they said so.
  • Options
    Myopic, yeah?.....
  • Options
    Sometimes you question your judgement and others & then you see a thread like this.
  • Options
    I thought we'd have enough to stay up even as late as February, so would never dig someone out for misjudging events on the pitch.

But the stubbornness of the Roland apologists, the time it took for them to wake up, and the attacks made against the people who could see the problems from day one will always rile me.

From the first post: "Banging on about failed experiments and something rotten at the heart of Charlton is myopic in the extreme."

So much condescension in an assessment so emphatically wrong. Dear, dear me.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Time to bump an old classic!

Are we still fine?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Time to bump an old classic!

Fair play to you Leuth.

How do you see things now? ( genuine question)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting points, Leuth. I'm struggling to work out the regime picked an English manager because they genuinely wanted to turn stuff around or if they did it so that they could say they'd done what we had been asking for and then claim that it hasn't worked and "I told you so"? I find it hard to understand what their motivation or purpose is. Yes they are utterly inept, but are they, underneath it all, genuinely trying (and spectacularly failing) to get a sustainable club or are they being stubbornly horrible and are looking to bleed the club dry and liquidate the assets?
    Whatever the answer the fortunes of the club are nose diving and if they don't sell up and cut their current losses they will only be able to make some form of profit by selling all the assets off and killing the club.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Leuth said:

Of course, we'll be fine. But that's not what we wanted.

It feels like most of the Championship has built a promotion squad this season. We have to be patient and wait for our year..
    Christ on a bike. Slade's got Leuth as a scriptwriter.

• Options
    I'm less patient in League One, tbf
  • Options

We'll be fine.

We've learnt our lessons from the league one relegation campaign and accept that the wrong managerial appointments were made. We tried with Russell but it wasn't to be and when Jose Riga came in, the damage was already done. However we remain committed to getting this club back to where it belongs and are confident that Nobby has a top 3 budget for league two and we absolutely hope to win promotion.

Katrien - August 2017.

You forgot the bit about a "new era".
  • Options

Interesting points, Leuth. I'm struggling to work out the regime picked an English manager because they genuinely wanted to turn stuff around or if they did it so that they could say they'd done what we had been asking for and then claim that it hasn't worked and "I told you so"? I find it hard to understand what their motivation or purpose is. Yes they are utterly inept, but are they, underneath it all, genuinely trying (and spectacularly failing) to get a sustainable club or are they being stubbornly horrible and are looking to bleed the club dry and liquidate the assets?
    Whatever the answer the fortunes of the club are nose diving and if they don't sell up and cut their current losses they will only be able to make some form of profit by selling all the assets off and killing the club.

I firmly believe they were/are genuinely trying a new approach - it just their bad luck that it isn't working. I don't buy the idea that there is some evil Machiavellian plot afoot in appointing an experienced English Manager and then to back him in his choice of English players just so that they can see him fail....
  • Options
    "I really don't think we can go down." Sorry Leuth but that's the direction of travel. Why can't we go down? Blackpool managed it and they were in the PL more recently than us. We have all the ingredients of a relegation campaign. Just like last season, the writing was on the wall depressingly early in the season and we are fairing worse than this time last year.
  • Options
    I'm afraid this thread is just not the same without PL54
  • Options
    Leuth is right. He says "It points to problems deeper than recruitment". Many of us have known this for a long time. Right at the top of the club; the owner, the CEO, most of the SMT. These are the guilty parties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CharlTony said:

I firmly believe they were/are genuinely trying a new approach - it just their bad luck that it isn't working. I don't buy the idea that there is some evil Machiavellian plot afoot in appointing an experienced English Manager and then to back him in his choice of English players just so that they can see him fail....

It's just our bad luck that they are here, in the first place.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    "Ve'll be fine en League deux. NoSing to Vorry about Katie ma cherie ehh" says Roland.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

He's still the same old PL54 - along with Colin - on ITTV.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

AshBurton said:

He's still the same old PL54 - along with Colin - on ITTV.
    Good point, but you can't mention other sites, or AFKA will be on your case. I mentioned one once but I think I got away with it.
  • Options
    We'll be fine.
  • Options
    Solly will be fined.
  • Options
    It was very windy at the Valley otherwise we'd have been fine.
  • Options
    We'll be fine this season. And by fine I mean finish 18th or higher. We are too far away from relegation and will not lose every game from now till May.

Next season? I think unless the ownership changes we will go down. It's the usual pattern of the inept fools running our club. They begin by underestimating the division. (And to be fair, it is crap so it's not difficult to underestimate). They carry on by thinking they can skimp on players and put more academy kids in the shop window.

Before you can say Congo Chris they've fired the manager for failing to deal with their underestimation of the situation and hired someone with no experience to take us lower.

The trip to Belgium really is a fight for our club. Some people will still continue to go and think Roland is fine and he's learned and why can't we all just get along. These people will not even notice when Welling move above us in the 2022 season and will still parrot the nonsense that the regime has learned its lessons as they play out drab games in front of 2000 at a windswept Valley. How attractive is a conference level academy, Roland?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This @rananegra . The slide continues, and for those wishing away Gobinson, it can't be too long before we go 'back to the network'.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Bookmark this and remind me at the end of the season if you like. Just needs a couple of good results. The ones we stuffed up were the home games, and they weren't without their share of bad luck. When Makienok, Ceballos and (lol) Reza come back, we'll see what we're really made of.

Banging on about failed experiments and something rotten at the heart of Charlton is myopic in the extreme.

@Leuth I never realised you used to be such an apologist for Roland and Katrien. That reads like a post from that other forum.