Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dortmund tickets

my girlfriend booked a weekend in Dortmund for end of November out on the Saturday morning back Monday evening, they are playing Stuttgart on the Sunday evening any idea how we would go about getting tickets?, or has anyone been before and can advise where to go before etc., we are doing the Christmas markets on the Saturday.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    yeah tried that but tickets are only available for the next couple of matches and the fixture were planning on attending isn't until last weekend of November, as much as I hate using them are there touts around on matchday?
  • Options

yeah tried that but tickets are only available for the next couple of matches and the fixture were planning on attending isn't until last weekend of November, as much as I hate using them are there touts around on matchday?

Then why not wait until the official site sells them? I'm going to Koln in November and won't bother with tickets until their official site sells them.

If you then have trouble you can look at something like Viagogo (legalised touting).
  • Options

ok, me bad. I'd just wait for the official site to sell them, at least you'll know they wont be dodgy then.
  • Options
    Or viagogo
  • Options
    Make sure the game won't be switched for TV (like what I didn't do for Barcelona Grrr).
  • Options

Make sure the game won't be switched for TV (like what I didn't do for Barcelona Grrr).

initially it was meant to be on a Saturday but then got switched to Sunday because of Dortmund qualifying for Europe, so held back on booking flights until we knew for definite, I have been caught out by this before we decided to do Madrid a few years back flights were 59 quid return by the time we changed them was near enough 200 quid return. but unreal ground and Madrid won 4-0 so wasn't all bad.
  • Options
    I did a tour of their stadium in July and picked up lots of interesting information. One thing I learnt was that the only chance of getting a ticket for a home game was to go on a ten year waiting list for a season ticket, or for your child to be a mascot for a match.
  • Options
    Why Dortmund btw? And ask this on the 'European football weekends' group on Facebook for better help
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry guys to bump this one, going this weekend unfortunately tickets for the game never went online sale, so I am now at the limbo of touts anyone had any experience using in Germany or Dortmund in particular, any info much appreciated.

thanks
  • Options

sorry guys to bump this one, going this weekend unfortunately tickets for the game never went online sale, so I am now at the limbo of touts anyone had any experience using in Germany or Dortmund in particular, any info much appreciated.

thanks

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/German-1-Bundesliga/Borussia-Dortmund-Tickets/E-1074809
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

thanks

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/German-1-Bundesliga/Borussia-Dortmund-Tickets/E-1074809
    cheers mate my only problem is there posting and im in uk so don't know if they would be here in time thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Are there none available to collect on the day mate?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Are there none available to collect on the day mate?

i did look at that how does it work, is it off a random person or is there an allocated collection point, sorry for appearing a little slow but never used via go go before.
  • Options
    Not completely sure, but i think its a collection point.Its a pretty safe website to use though and would expect you to be protected should it all go pete tong which I highly doubt it will
  • Options
    Viagogo always side with the buyer, so if it doesn't work as stated, you're guaranteed a refund.
  • Options
    went on Sunday it was a collection point as we used 2 Dortmund season tickets, couldn't believe how cheap a category 1 season ticket is 550 euro for perfect seats on the halfway line, unreal experience would definitely recommend, they don't use cash at the stadium though you have to get a card and load money on to it, was a strange to be able to drink a pint in the comfort of your seat aswell, only thing about Dortmund is its not got great deal there fortunately for us there were the xmas markets on which were handy for passing time on the Saturday, ended up drinking with a load of west ham fans.
  • Options

went on Sunday it was a collection point as we used 2 Dortmund season tickets, couldn't believe how cheap a category 1 season ticket is 550 euro for perfect seats on the halfway line, unreal experience would definitely recommend, they don't use cash at the stadium though you have to get a card and load money on to it, was a strange to be able to drink a pint in the comfort of your seat aswell, only thing about Dortmund is its not got great deal there fortunately for us there were the xmas markets on which were handy for passing time on the Saturday, ended up drinking with a load of west ham fans.

I know someone with a Cologne season ticket, so a decent Bundesliga side. He pays 95E a year and that acts as a travel card on game day. I was astounded.

Those beverage cards are used in a few countries, and a fair few stadiums in Germany. They are a pain if you’re a tourist. Some places also charge you a cup deposit.

If others here are thinking of Dortmund then you are better off flying to Dusseldorf and getting a train up, there is a lot more going on in town. Two, three or even four games in a weekend are easily done from there.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I know someone with a Cologne season ticket, so a decent Bundesliga side. He pays 95E a year and that acts as a travel card on game day. I was astounded.

Those beverage cards are used in a few countries, and a fair few stadiums in Germany. They are a pain if you’re a tourist. Some places also charge you a cup deposit.

If others here are thinking of Dortmund then you are better off flying to Dusseldorf and getting a train up, there is a lot more going on in town. Two, three or even four games in a weekend are easily done from there.
    Recent went to watch Den Haag vs Vitesse. They had tokens. Was so cheap. Loved drinking beer in my seat. Was surprised that smoking seemed to be allowed as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in Prague the weekend of the Fulham game and done a Sunday double header of Viktoria Zizkov and Slavia v Dukla.

£1.50 to get in to Zizkov and £4.50 for Slavia AND you could drink during the games.