Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Bent tasered by police

And charged with possession of Class A drugs and affray.

Lovely bloke, up there with Kinsella and Sit Clive as one of Curbs' greatest signings

Comments

• Glug, glug.
  • Talal said:

Check out the other Marcus Bent thread rookie

I can't find it - and I like this one
  • edited September 2015

And charged with possession of Class A drugs and affray.

Lovely bloke, up there with Kinsella and Sit Clive as one of Curbs' greatest signings

Please SAM no mixing people up with the same name.
    :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3235660/Former-Premier-League-striker-Marcus-Bent-charged-affray-possession-Class-drug-police-used-Taser-arrest.html
    Since his playing career in 2012, Bent went to work in the oil industry while waiting for approaches from clubs.

His younger brother Elliott said in an interview in 2013: ‘He's not messed about, he's gone into the oil business. He's not retired from football entirely though, but is just waiting for the right offer to come along.’
  • cabbles said:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3235660/Former-Premier-League-striker-Marcus-Bent-charged-affray-possession-Class-drug-police-used-Taser-arrest.html
    Since his playing career in 2012, Bent went to work in the oil industry while waiting for approaches from clubs.

His younger brother Elliott said in an interview in 2013: ‘He's not messed about, he's gone into the oil business. He's not retired from football entirely though, but is just waiting for the right offer to come along.’
    yeah, syphoning diesel from peoples cars!
  • Sure he was more lively after being Tasered than any time playing for us. For me Curbs biggest misjudgement.
  • Sure he was more lively after being Tasered than any time playing for us. For me Curbs biggest misjudgement.

Signed in desperation during a January window following a long term injury to Bartlett as a striker who could play up top on his own in a 4-5-1 which was the only way we could accommodate the lazy scouser that was Murphy.

It didn't work because of the sleaze bag that was (is) Bent M but nothing wrong with the logic of Curbs signing him in the circumstances he had to confront.
  • LenGlover said:

Sure he was more lively after being Tasered than any time playing for us. For me Curbs biggest misjudgement.

Signed in desperation during a January window following a long term injury to Bartlett as a striker who could play up top on his own in a 4-5-1 which was the only way we could accommodate the lazy scouser that was Murphy.

It didn't work because of the sleaze bag that was (is) Bent M but nothing wrong with the logic of Curbs signing him in the circumstances he had to confront.
    Didn't we have Darren Bent already?
  • I feel ashamed that we haven't offered him a testimonial. Marcus we love you.

You love giving out presents Santa.

The rules are you get a Testimonial after 10 years not 10 months :smiley:

• LenGlover said:

Sure he was more lively after being Tasered than any time playing for us. For me Curbs biggest misjudgement.

We did but I think he may have been injured at the time too.
  • LenGlover said:

Yes we did, the joke doing the rounds at the time was that Sol Campbell was joining too to make it 3 big black bents
  • I remember when we signed him, David Moyes (what ever happened to him?) called it a "good fee for an average player".
  • Sponsored links:

• Scored a good goal on his debut away to Chelsea to earn us a one all. We deserved to win mind you

Him and Darren Bent worked well when they were both fit. I didn't like his demeanor but we have signed many, many more shite footballers than him. He just stands out because he is a known arsehole
  • Scored a good goal on his debut away to Chelsea to earn us a one all. We deserved to win mind you

Him and Darren Bent worked well when they were both fit. I didn't like his demeanor but we have signed many, many more shite footballers than him. He just stands out because he is a known arsehole
  • C_A_F_C said:

I remember when we signed him, David Moyes (what ever happened to him?) called it a "good fee for an average player".

Moyes just about pissed himself when we gave him £2.5m. Remember that being very concerning at the time
  • I hope they tasered him in the bollox. The dirty ******** *******.

A CAFC fan told me something very unpleasant he did whilst at our club. Absolute scum. But I won't repeat the story on here.
  • Gave him the MOTM award up at old Trafford, how he got that I'll never know, the day cost plenty to watch us lose 2-0, ended up having a drink with Henrick Larson, sure showed him how to behave around fans.

A CAFC fan told me something very unpleasant he did whilst at our club. Absolute scum. But I won't repeat the story on here.

Ooooh you tease. Yet another I know something you dont know brag on CL ;)

Question 1 For Keith Peacock tonight?

Can you confirm that Marcus Bent.....................

On second thoughts; maybe Not.

• LenGlover said:

Remember a game v Sheff Utd, M Bent was excellent in that game, seem to remember him hitting the post from distance on 2 ocassions....this too may have had an influence on Curbs signing him.

Fag in the N upper toilets?
  • 1. Steve Harrison's party trick which got him sacked as Millwall's coach in 91.
    Maybe Bent didn't use a paper Cup ? (google it.)
    2. Must be worst than Ben Hamer did to Fuller ? ( the smell of rubber as he drove away from Sparrows lane)

Could this be why M.Bent had 16 moves in his career in football ?