Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oi Charlton, can you make the font on the big screen smaller

I was nearly able to work out one of the scores last night...

Comments

• Options
    The silly and unnecessary competition logo takes up half of the screen that is left after the first half has been eaten up by advertising, leaving the scores left to fit on a square the size of a postage stamp.

Was impossible to read from the West Upper on Saturday and I have pretty good eyes.

• Options

I was nearly able to work out one of the scores last night...

Thank god its not just me, I was about to book an eyetest as I couldnt read them either. Perhaps they could split the division sothat theres room to increase the font size, otherwise dont bother displaying them.
  • Options

The silly and unnecessary competition logo takes up half of the screen that is left after the first half has been eaten up by advertising, leaving the scores left to fit on a square the size of a postage stamp.

Was impossible to read from the West Upper on Saturday and I have pretty good eyes.

That's not on, can't see the screen anyway where I sit but I'm paying a lot less for my season ticket than most of you. Missed it at first but doesn't bother me now. All about sweating the asset no doubt and the advertising revenue.
  • Options
    I was told last night that no one is contacting the club about the big screen be it size, team line ups etc.

So I can only say don't just post it on here. Write/email to the club
  • Options
    The

I was told last night that no one is contacting the club about the big screen be it size, team line ups etc.

I'm pretty certain Steve Adamson came on here just after the first match and explained that they are looking into the line ups, etc, etc but wanted to try a few things out before doing so.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Oh, and another thing. I am really missing the names on the screen and the card count. Despite the better technology, it feels like we've taken a step back.

Same here.
  • Options
    WSS said:

The lineups not being on the screen, or at least scrolling is ridiculous.

A cynical way to sell more programmes?

• Options

showing the game 'live' on the screen is just totally pointless, cut to highlights of goals etc if you want to but other than that, show the score / time / teams in a big enough font

Spot on, who's watching the game on the screen? Except to see the 'highlights'.
  • Options

But I assume that people at the club have eyes and can look at the scoreboard and think, hmm.....somethings not quite right.
  • Options
    Do miss the line-ups with the goals and cards as its brilliant to look back on over the course of the match.

I swear two players got booked in the first half (and they did) but had to go on to BBC Sport to find out (Who only provide the information 10-mins after it happened), especially with the second yellow card, when the fans started chanting for a red to be produced I was under the impression that he was the guy who had already been booked.

Past years I could just turn to my left see what had happened and it would be cleared up instantly.
  • Options
    The starting line ups are over to quick IMO to.
    Blink and you miss them.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

The starting line ups are over to quick IMO to.
    Blink and you miss them.

Agreed... Again was watching the screen when Dave was reading the teams out on Saturday, the screen had reached Tony Watt whilst Dave was still reading out Gudmundsson.

Completely confused me, not because I cant tell the difference between Tony and Johann but because I thought the screen had got the players mixed up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Replacing the old screen with a new, bigger screen was a great idea. But then they take up what must be about a third of the screen with advertising and leave an actual viewing area smaller than the old screen and with almost completely illegible writing at most times. Not showing the line-ups and cards is also annoying.

Anyone got an e-mail address where I can complain to the club?
  • Options

Stig said:

Oh, and another thing. I am really missing the names on the screen and the card count. Despite the better technology, it feels like we've taken a step back.

Exactly. But not having the names on there has made me buy a programme. Oh that's what they want. Tore off back page with names from Rotherhams programme to take last night before remembering that I wouldn't have Huddersfield's line up.....
    Not all the Huddersfield players were listed in the programme anyway. The keeper Steer (1), Ward (12) and Billing (29) were all missing. I ended up looking up the BBC Sport match page to see the lineups!

Oh, and can we have the substitutes up on the big screen as well, as the East Stand tannoy is inaudible
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I couldn't read the scores either and asked my husband if it was just my eyes. He couldn't read it either. Would much rather have the teams listed than the match.

The club is not too good in regard to people with disabilities at the moment. In the programme they state that they have had to stop people using the lift from the West Stand reception to the Upper West for health a safety reasons, yet they say that people have been using the service lift instead.

Absolutely no reason why they should have to use the service lift rather than the 'customer' lift other than they want to stop people walking through the new 'executive' Vista Lounge.

They are going to re-locate fans from the Upper West to other areas of the stadium if they can't use the stairs. Lots of those people could use the stairs in an emergency, but have used the lift as it is a long way up for some people.

Premier League teams are having to improve their facilities for wheelchair users and if we want to be in that league, the club will have to do better for less able 'customers'.
  • Options
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. I couldn't read the scores either and seriously considered booking an appointment with the optician because i thought my eyes had got worse. Totally agree about the lineups too.
  • Options

I'm guessing the extra reflecting light from the floodlights wouldn't have helped?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this is last season's screen, and it looks much the same width as this season's, the edges are hardly noticeable?
  • Options
    Don't have a problem with the advertising; as it's all sensible income generation for the club, and in my opinion, isn't obtrusive. Don't like the 'live' showing of the match though. Echo the thoughts on here of having squad names, numbers, goals and bookings.
  • Options
    Another shout for a return to team display and info. Keep the screen action to replays