Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foot Golf - what other sports would/wouldn't combine well?

The Foot Golf thread has inspired me to think of other sports that could be joined together. I've a few:

Boxing Badminton could be entertaining - lob the shuttlecock high in the air, get under the net and punch your opponent as it comes down.
Archery Football could be a bit dangerous especially if you are in goal
Weightlifting water polo might not work either

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Water polo and tennis In fact, water polo and pretty much anything.
  • Options
    Clay Football... How can you score a goal if some bloke keeps shooting at the ball when in midair!!

Hang on I think Im on to something here, the aim is hit it hard enough so that the guy with the gun misses
  • Options
    Chess boxing is a good combination, Lennox Lewis is a very keen Chess player!

Football Snooker could be good, you have to kick a ball in one of 6 holes, however snooker football where you have to score a goal by hitting a football with a snooker cue, probably not.
  • Options
    Cycle-Jousting... How cool would that be to watch!!
  • Options
    Shot put cricket - hmm, not many boundaries
  • Options

Chess boxing is a good combination, Lennox Lewis is a very keen Chess player!

Football Snooker could be good, you have to kick a ball in one of 6 holes, however snooker football where you have to score a goal by hitting a football with a snooker cue, probably not.

Putting the blue chalk on the end of your football boots might ruin them though
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I've done office jousting, takes some serious bottle!

• Options
    Javelin / Darts. Slightly more dangerous for the spectators.
  • Options
    Javelin wrestling - I wonder how that would work
  • Options
    football basketball

instead of bouncing the ball you have to do keepy uppy to move with the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fencing Rugby.
  • Options
    Never really considered fishing a sport, but wrestling fishing could be interesting to watch.
  • Options
    Monkey Tennis
  • Options
    shot put and skittles
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfViyjze9w
  • Options

Not many catches in the outfield there..
  • Options
    Shot putt chess - you have to throw oversize, heavily weighted chess pieces onto a board ten metres away. Land on the wrong square and you're disqualified.

Cricket golf - full size cricket field; same laws; only differences: golf balls instead of cricket balls and a putter instead of a bat.

Pole vault bungee - haven't really thought this one through yet...

• Options
    Chizz said:

Pole vault bungee - haven't really thought this one through yet...

This is a brilliant idea... Get tied a long rope (Only one foot though so that you can run), you run towards the high bar with the pole (as per normal), that high bar being at the edge of the bridge (or wherever) so that when you catapult yourself over, you instantly dive into the bungee, the rope is tied to something back on land which just gets taunt as normal
  • Options
    show jumping and synchronised swimming
  • Options

I think a recently deceased Yorkshireman would have had a go at that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheating I know but what about Baseball and Basketball?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Base Jumping High Jump

How high can you jump off the edge of a building?

Underwater Golf

Can you hold your breath long enough to sink that putt? Every holes a massive bunker, bring your sand wedge!

Mixed Doubles Formula 1

Lady drives, man navigates

Badminton Lacrosse

Exactly like Lacrosse, but trying to throw the shuttlecock around instead, the most infuriating thing in the world

Rugby Polo

Imagine the scrums!

American Beach volley-football

Oh wait, that's already a thing, lingerie football

• Options
    Mixed Doubles Formula One with the lady driving and man navigating?

C'mon you've gotta make it interesting and do it the other way around, whoever dont get lost (or who doesnt get lost the worst) due to poor directions wins!!
  • Options

Clay Football... How can you score a goal if some bloke keeps shooting at the ball when in midair!!

Hang on I think Im on to something here, the aim is hit it hard enough so that the guy with the gun misses

Knew I heard somebody shout 'Pull' when Nicky Bailey stepped up
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The two best sports, football and cricket, would make a neat combination sport, albeit one that used the skills of football rather than cricket

The 'bowler' must, from a circle whose front edge is about 18 yards from the 'batsman' (and in whose centre is obviously the other wicket), deliver with their feet a regulation (or perhaps slightly smaller, futsal-sized) football at a speed of their choosing towards a large wicket (say, a metre wide by a metre and a half high)

The 'batsman' must knock the ball away with either legs or head. Any other part of the body can result in a TBW (Torso Before Wicket) appeal.

Hit ball twice and handled the ball are obviously modes of dismissal more relevant here than in cricket.

Fielding is the best bit, though. Only the keeper is allowed to use his or her hands, just as in football. And a 'catch' can only be taken by the keeper. What the other fielders have to do is, without using their hands, get it back to the keeper before it touches the ground. They are allowed to take, collectively, as many touches as they can to achieve this.

Runs and boundaries work in much the same way as cricket, as do run-outs (I'd make the batsmen have to reach a line perpendicular to each wicket, for the sake of ease, and have the wickets 22 yards apart still).

I think that pretty much covers it.
  • Options
    Oh, and I'd also have it that either batsman can, if the ball goes in the air, attempt to prevent the ball from getting back to the keeper, after a fielder has taken the first touch, at the risk of being run out at the non-striker's end should they both defend the ball, or 'fouled out' should they make inappropriate contact on a fielder.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Oh, and I'd also have it that either batsman can, if the ball goes in the air, attempt to prevent the ball from getting back to the keeper, after a fielder has taken the first touch, at the risk of being run out at the non-striker's end should they both defend the ball, or 'fouled out' should they make inappropriate contact on a fielder.

Have made little diagrams on a pad next to your computer?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Snookball:

odditycentral.com/news/snookball-a-sport-that-lets-you-play-billiards-with-your-feet.html

Though why they wouldn't call it 'footpool' I've no idea.
  • Options

Water polo and tennis In fact, water polo and pretty much anything.

A mix of water polo and polo.