Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please sell me a Charlton shirt from before 1996 (Medium or Large, Mens)

Would love to buy one, please private message me or post on here if you'd like to sell and how much you would like. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    I have some old shirts but not sure what year, I won't be able to check until tomorrow. They're bagged up in my shed. I'll post back when I've checked.
  • Options
    eBay is your friend.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

eBay is your friend.

I thought that but a quick eBay search found none before 1996 in medium or large.

The truth is that they are now quite rare and anyone that has one is probably inclined to keep it for their own personal reasons. I also think that if one wanted a shirt cheap this would be the place to ask for one. Any on eBay and on the site I listed above are going to cost more than a new shirt and a fan on here might sell it for a tenner if he is not interested in or aware of it's true value.
  • Options
    We have a box of old shirts at the Museum which are for sale. Not many from pre-1996 and mostly in XL or XXL.
  • Options
    obviously not an original but doubt you would be able to pick one up on the cheap

http://www.toffs.com/retro-football-shirts/english-teams/charlton-athletic?specs=6
  • Options

We have a box of old shirts at the Museum which are for sale. Not many from pre-1996 and mostly in XL or XXL.

What does that tell us?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

What does that tell us?
    Tall people are more generous, better looking and more intelligent than short arses who are all miserable tight gits? Or that may be lazy stereotyping based on very flimsy evidence.
  • Options

What does that tell us?
    Back in the 90s and early 00s we wore things baggier than today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What does that tell us?
    Tall people are more generous, better looking and more intelligent than short arses who are all miserable tight gits? Or that may be lazy stereotyping based on very flimsy evidence.
    Oh now I get it. You're the tall chap that sits at the back of the East Stand aren't you?

On a separate note does the museum have a section on old Charlton badges. I have one that, I think, came from the 60s. It's been sitting in a draw for several years and if anyone would have any interest in looking at it in the museum, I'm sure I can live without it.
  • Options
    The museum has, via one of its trustees, about 500 Charlton badges going back to the 1920s but we're happy to have more.

You're right, I am the tall bloke who sits at the back of the East Stand. If you can find me bring it to a game.
  • Options
    I have a back to the Valley shirt I think and a couple with the woolwich sponsor. I don't want anything for them.
  • Options
    I think I may have a couple of these but like I said I will have to check.
  • Options

I have a back to the Valley shirt I think and a couple with the woolwich sponsor. I don't want anything for them.

Presumably they are XL or XXL?

;-)
  • Options
    Can't seem to post the image.
  • Options
    I think they are large.
  • Options
    XXL?

If only..... :blush:

• Options

The Woolwich shirts are things we would very much like to have in the Charlton Athletic Museum.

Would you consider donating them to the Museum @Wright6679
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's not a problem Henry, like I said I will have to check tomorrow as I'm going straight to the match from work. I think I may have a long sleeve blue and black away shirt with the woolwich sponsor too.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the special t-shirt that either The Mecury or Newshopper produced for the 1987 Full Members Cup Final? Think the theme was 40 years on.

I've got a couple of boxes of stuff at my mums and if my one of these is in there I'd be happy to loan it to the museum if it was wanted. Am guessing they are pretty rare now?
  • Options

That's not a problem Henry, like I said I will have to check tomorrow as I'm going straight to the match from work. I think I may have a long sleeve blue and black away shirt with the woolwich sponsor too.

Happy to have them.
  • Options

I have some old shirts but not sure what year, I won't be able to check until tomorrow. They're bagged up in my shed. I'll post back when I've checked.

Can you inbox me should you have any in large.
  • Options

Elfsborg, do you have two usernames or have you hijacked LSEBarnes initial request?

;-)
  • Options
    LSEBarnes said:

Would love to buy one, please private message me or post on here if you'd like to sell and how much you would like. Thanks in advance

The Woolwich shirts are things we would very much like to have in the Charlton Athletic Museum.

Hope you didn't get your hopes up @LSEBarnes .....
  • Options

LSEBarnes said:

Unless, of course, the Museum decide they don't want them all and decide to sell one!
  • Options

LSEBarnes said:

I would like to think that @LSEBarnes has first refusal on the tops as it was a reply to his request that was posted before anyone else made their interest known
  • Options

Elfsborg, do you have two usernames or have you hijacked LSEBarnes initial request?

;-)
    I have two user names, one of course being Elfsborg, the other begins with a 'c'........................
  • Options

LSEBarnes said:

Unless, of course, the Museum decide they don't want them all and decide to sell one!
    Do you have any large FADS tops going spare?!