Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Large cottage/house hire

Me and my mates will be hitting the 40 mark next year. Thinking about hiring a large country pile for a long weekend. Maybe Norfolk /suffolk ,Surrey,kent..Not too far north!
Games room,pool maybe. Think they'll be about 20 odd of us. Wouldn't mind being not too far from a town for maybe a night out. Any of you good folk got any reccomendations?

Comments

• Options
    If you wanted Dorset/Devon then I know a cracking website with plenty of stuff that would fit the bill (but they only do South-West)

Failing that, ask ooohaah if you can rent his mansion - CL rates.
    ;o)
  • Options
    I'm thinking of doing exactly the same thing in 2017 for my 60th!! Similar numbers - outside caterers for an evening meal on the Saturday - Murder Mystery theme, clay pigeon shooting type thing in the afternoon, something else for the ladies to do etc... - arrive Friday, leave Sunday.

http://luxurycountryhouses.kateandtoms.com/find-a-country-house/

It isn't cheap though!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Rural Retreats is another good website. Rented properties using them on numerous occasions.

Do everything from small cottages to castles.
  • Options
    Google Hoath House, it's between Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells.

Staying there in Feb with a load of mates, 12 bedroom place, pool table, tennis (probably no good in Feb) table tennis etc, Larkins brewery just down the road who do barrels of ale reasonably cheap, Tunbridge Wells within easy cab distance for a good meal or night out....

Think it's been £1800 between us for Feb, not sure on prices the rest of the time but still reasonable I suspect.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Mates just got back from a hen do at a place just outside Cheltenham. Hardwick hall I think?

Edited to say it's Hardwick House! Bit of a difference!