Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to HM The Queen

Becomes the longest reigning sovereign in British history today overtaking Queen Victoria

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations your Majesty
  • Options
    Cool.
  • Options
    Now she's got her record, perhaps she should think about retiring so someone else can have a go, maybe?

*grabs the popcorn*
  • Options
    God bless her
  • Options
    Deep bow!
  • Options
    God save the Queen
  • Options
    Is she likely to be the last Queen?
  • Options
    She has the British record but there's a long way (19 years) to go to get to the global top spot. Currently 48th according to Wiki...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-reigning_monarchs

• Options
    se9addick said:

Regardless of views on the monarchy she's a good ambassador for our nation.

Have to agree with that. I'm not a fan of the (extended) Royal 'family' as such but the Queen herself has been a very good ambassador for the nation. Dont get me started on Princes Andrew and Edward though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hear Hear !

Very apt that she is spending the day in Scotland, now they have voted to stay in the United Kingdom.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Let me clarify that. Will she be the UK's last female monarch?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Chizz said:

Kate would be Queen if William makes it to King I believe (Philip isn't King because King outranks Queen).

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't Camilla be Queen? Is there anything in the constitution that prevents Camilla being Queen?
  • Options
    Dont they call the king or queen consort?
  • Options
    Wouldnt she be Queen consort? Therefore she would just be a title, and have no actual power.
  • Options

Wouldnt she be Queen consort? Therefore she would just be a title, and have no actual power.

"Power"?

*chuckles*
  • Options
    i dont get it.
  • Options
    God save the Queen.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Let me clarify that. Will she be the UK's last female monarch?
    No. They changed the rules of succession so that the first born will take the throne, not the first born boy. Thus, even though it is Charles, William then George if George's first born is a girl then she would be Queen. I suspect that none of us will see that, however.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even beats Wayne Rooney's England record, well done Liz.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

se9addick said:

Chizz said:

Kate would be Queen if William makes it to King I believe (Philip isn't King because King outranks Queen).

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't Camilla be Queen? Is there anything in the constitution that prevents Camilla being Queen?
    I thought she wasn't allowed that title because she'd been divorced or something like that.
  • Options
    well done your Maj
  • Options
    63 years of unelected rule, such an achievement
  • Options
    Well done Ma'am as in jam, but some way to go to beat Victoria on number of pubs named after you.
  • Options
    shine166 as the Queen has no re constitutional power why would we need to elect her ? I have no particular affinity to the monarchy but the achievement is remarkable and he Queen has represented out country brilliantly over 63 years.

Congratulations to her all respect
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Good on her, hope to see her break 70 years