Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Smalling

Never thought Id hear myself say it but what a player he has become.

Hes been immense tonight.

Comments

• Options
    Just got MOM after I typed this so didn't just jump on the band wagon.
  • Options
    Yeah he's been lumped in with that clown Phil Jones for too long because they were claimed to be the future of Utd but he has really stepped up the last two years, probably both Utds and England's best defender on form.
  • Options
    Born in Greenwich - as were other famous footballers such as Kieran Richardson, Steven Taylor, Glenn Johnson, Danny Wallace and of course Akpo Sodje, Sam Sodje, Efe Sodje and Steve Sodje.

How did we manage to miss out on all those?
  • Options
    He's come on massively
  • Options
    has great ball control and distribution according to Hoddle ....perhaps put him on the wing replace Ox And Stirling who were awful
  • Options
    Well he has the chance this year to stand up and be counted at United...not sure if he is good enough
  • Options
    one of those that is mind blowing that we missed out on, right on our doorstep.

Glad to see he's finally filling that potential he always promised.
  • Options
    Always thought he was utter shite but he's massively improved. His distribution is still dodgy but defensively he's excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never thought Id hear myself say it but what a player he has become.

Hes been immense tonight.

He's really looking like the player they thought he'd become when Utd signed him from Fulham. He needs to play centre half, he's never looked comfortable at right back, but this season he's really stepped up.
  • Options
    One of my sons played against him when my son was at Cray Valley, in the Kent Challenge Final.u15. He was a tall lad I remember, they scored in extra a time, I think it was played just outside Maidstone, no floodlights,bit of a farce in the end it was almost pitch dark!
  • Options
    One that sadly fell through ours (and Gillingham's) net at the end of the day.

Started reading Bobby Moore (by Matt Dickinson) last night and apparently as a youngster; Bobby would get on his bike, jump on the Woolwich Ferry and go to watch Charlton play because we were his nearest First Division club at the time... Were we ever close to signing him as a Youth Player does anyone know?
  • Options

Started reading Bobby Moore (by Matt Dickinson) last night and apparently as a youngster; Bobby would get on his bike, jump on the Woolwich Ferry and go to watch Charlton play because we were his nearest First Division club at the time... Were we ever close to signing him as a Youth Player does anyone know?

I think this about Rio Ferdinand too. Went to school in Blackheath and trained with us as a kid. Missed out big time there.
  • Options

Well he went to school in Leytonstone, so West Ham were nearer than us. Maybe they weren't 1st division at the time, they're rise coincided with our fall...
  • Options
    Didn't Millwall actually let Smalling go?
  • Options
    He's improved but I do worry for us defensively against the top nations
  • Options

Didn't Millwall actually let Smalling go?

Yup... Yup they did :)