Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any school teachers on Charlton Life?

Hi all

I’m helping a secondary school teacher set up a website which aims to give teachers an idea on which school they want to work for. It’s basically a schools’ version of GlassDoor or RateMyEmployer; teachers rate their school using various criteria and then will be able to have a look at how other schools compare.

I need to get an idea of whether teachers would be interested in it or not. Therefore, if there are any Charlton fans out there who can give 5 minutes of their time, please fill out this (mobile friendly) survey:

Survey Link

The whole project is not-for-profit, so we’re having to rely on a lot of favours from people! Please pass this on if you know any teachers who might be able to help out.

Really appreciate your help. Hopefully I’ll get some responses so I can get over the fact that I missed out on Palace tickets!

Cheers

Ralph

Comments

• Options
    My wife's a deputy head (infant) I'll ask her to have a look.
  • Options

My wife's a deputy head (infant) I'll ask her to have a look.

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated
  • Options
    Have filled in.
  • Options
    Thats a bloody good idea actually... Might do that myself... For profit reasons of course!! ;)
  • Options
    Good luck with this, got my wife to do this as she is a teacher
  • Options
    3blokes is a teacher, he would help I'm sure. Drop him a pm.
  • Options
    Will have a look. First day back with the kids today...
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help on this. Had a quick look at some of the results - really helpful stuff! Averaging around 4 minutes to complete as well which is good news.

Good luck with this, got my wife to do this as she is a teacher

Thanks for that Ken. Appreciate your help

Will have a look. First day back with the kids today...

Nice one. Thanks very much
    T.C.E said:

3blokes is a teacher, he would help I'm sure. Drop him a pm.

Will do. Cheers

• Options
    I'll get my girlfriend to have a look later, she teaches year 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wife is a secondary school teacher, she has just completed the survey for you.
  • Options
    Filled it in. Great idea.
  • Options
    My daughter and sister are teachers will ask them.
  • Options
    I'm a primary school teacher in Gloucester, and have just done the survey. Very interesting idea, good luck with it.
  • Options
    I'm a senior leader at a secondary state school in West Yorkshire and just did the survey. Interesting, and will follow on Twitter.
  • Options
    Behaviour manager in NW.
    Potentially subject to manipulation but that goes for all review sites. Can see somebody being given the job of managing school's rep!
  • Options
    Done for you. Primary school teacher.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Done. Secondary teacher of 35 years, subjects History and English. A great idea and hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    Thanks all for such great responses! Managed to get 84 so far. Should have put a final question of "which team do you support?" to see the number of Lifers who have contributed.

All this data is going to be very useful when we start setting up the site (some time next month).

Behaviour manager in NW.
    Potentially subject to manipulation but that goes for all review sites. Can see somebody being given the job of managing school's rep!

This is a major issue for sure. One way we will try to prevent this is by sending verification emails to the teachers' school email addresses, although there are worries that Senior Management will try to rig it. Having said that, some of the responses on the survey show that there are quite a few disgruntled people in high positions as well!

You're right though... A major criticism of all these types of sites is the fact that you generally only get very strong opinions on them. Any suggestions on how to stop this would be welcome...
  • Options
    Blimey, didn't have any clue there were so many teachers on here. Has anyone ever done a survey of Lifer occupations? Could be a fascinating insight into the factors informing our diverse views on stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Blimey, didn't have any clue there were so many teachers on here. Has anyone ever done a survey of Lifer occupations? Could be a fascinating insight into the factors informing our diverse views on stuff.

Me neither Davo! Decent bunch of people on here - for sure.

Maybe you should start up a "What do you do?" thread ;)
  • Options
    You'll be surprised who on here is or has ever been a teacher.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Davo55 said:

You won't get anything out of me other than rank, name and serial number :wink:
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Bit scared of a) the abuse and b) what it might uncover :smiley:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Davo55 said:

You won't get anything out of me other than rank, name and serial number :wink:
    Is that you Pike?
  • Options
    Done.
    Interesting RIADN.
    I reckon some teachers would find a service like this useful.
  • Options
    Those that can, do.
    Those who can't, teach.

Ducks and runs for cover..........
  • Options
    Primary school teacher here - done the survey for you. Hope it's all useful for the project.
  • Options
    I am a primary school teacher
  • Options

Thanks all for such great responses! Managed to get 84 so far. Should have put a final question of "which team do you support?" to see the number of Lifers who have contributed.

All this data is going to be very useful when we start setting up the site (some time next month).

Behaviour manager in NW.

This is a major issue for sure. One way we will try to prevent this is by sending verification emails to the teachers' school email addresses, although there are worries that Senior Management will try to rig it. Having said that, some of the responses on the survey show that there are quite a few disgruntled people in high positions as well!

You're right though... A major criticism of all these types of sites is the fact that you generally only get very strong opinions on them. Any suggestions on how to stop this would be welcome...
    Tricky - Staff turnover can be an indicator of issues, the higher the number of submissions a school receives the louder the alarm bells ring, conversely an unlisted school would suggest a stable and reasonable work environment. Of course this would be the site being used in exactly the opposite way for it to be commercially viable.