Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Anglia Addicks

Comments

• Really enjoyed meeting fellow Addicks. Hope we can all meet again.
    Just back from Carrow Road after their abject performance. 
    Should have lost more heavily.
    They need some of L.B. bite in midfield.
  • 7.30....just got in, very squiffy!
    Thanks to Siv and everyone organising and attending. It was good to see so many Addicks ...I really hope we can do that again and soon  .
  • It was a delight to see so many 'Budgies' walking home ...
  • 7.30....just got in, very squiffy!
    Thanks to Siv and everyone organising and attending. It was good to see so many Addicks ...I really hope we can do that again and soon  .
    Agreed, was a good afternoon, thanks to all and would also hope we can do this again and build up the numbers. COYR !!
  • red10 said:
    7.30....just got in, very squiffy!
    Agreed, was a good afternoon, thanks to all and would also hope we can do this again and build up the numbers. COYR !!
    Wellllll...

Cardiff (H) 23/11

Or

Sheff Weds (H) 30/11

Are options if we don't mind it being a home game. Both on Sky with 12.30pm kick offs. 
  • And... Yeah... Given the Suffolk contingent in attendance today we should change name of thread to East Anglian Addicks (who, as we were told today by @SoleBayAddick, used to exist)
  • I always go down to the Valley for our home games, but, I am up for any away games on Sky.  Great to meet most of our East Anglian Addicks, lets hope we have started something again.  Bye the way, in the group photo, who's that bald headed old git, with a white beard?  Oh, bloody hell, it's me.
  • P.S.  I'll give you all a wave on the 23rd. & 30th, Nov.  I'll be in row H, in the middle of the Lower West.
  • UEAAddick said:

Nice of Jonnie Jackson to pop up for a pint!

Been Compared to Ray from In Bruges and now JJ, great times
    Definitely your mother's looks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    UEAAddick said:

Nice of Jonnie Jackson to pop up for a pint!

Been Compared to Ray from In Bruges and now JJ, great times
    Definitely your mother's looks.
    Very true and very lucky
  • It was a delight to see  you SoleBayAddick...you are a credit to our club coming up from Southwold  ..how to see you again and have a longer chat next time!
  • Thanks NorwichRed, as I said before, it was great to see you all, and yes, I shall look forward to doing it all again.  I'm sure there are a lot of tales we have to tell over a pint or two....or three.
  • Or five ....
  • Sorry I wasn’t about, Norfolk’ing way I could make it though..
  • Norfolk Addicks

Or, slightly more subtle ...

• East Anglia Addicks

• The Norwich Beer Festival is just over a week away ...

Any Addicks going along? As usual I'll be there opening night ...

Looks like the evening of Thurs 24th could be a window for me...

And straight after work at the escape game under the museum around the corner v late on 25th. Cheeky late Porter before the cycle home :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Norfolk Addicks

If you combine the two, I'll make it my profile picture 
  • edited October 2019
    Norfolk Addicks

If you combine the two, I'll make it my profile picture 
    Go for it ...

(Got there eventually!)
  • Wa-hay. Nice one 

Could also do 24th straight from work before I head to the
     waterfront to see Big Country that night. Would be good to see some fellow addicts in Norwich
  • Last time I went to the beer festival got the bus back from Norwich to Dereham, fell asleep a woke up in Swaffham.
  • Bit of a bizarre link between Norfolk & Charlton for me. On my dad's side, they originally came from Fakenham. But when things were a lot tougher, the only work they could get was in the kitchens at .......The Horse & Groom !! They decamped from Fakenham to SE7. So effectively, I'm an Addick, due to the " doom & gloom". My great aunt who recently turned 100(lived at 76 floyd road) told my dad this story a couple of years ago.  
  • Bit of a bizarre link between Norfolk & Charlton for me. On my dad's side, they originally came from Fakenham. But when things were a lot tougher, the only work they could get was in the kitchens at .......The Horse & Groom !! They decamped from Fakenham to SE7. So effectively, I'm an Addick, due to the " doom & gloom". My great aunt who recently turned 100(lived at 76 floyd road) told my dad this story a couple of years ago.  
    When was the "doom and gloom" era?

• Will try & find out. It wouldn't of been my grandad, so at a guess great grandad. Sorry to be a bit vague. My dad didn't get on with his dad & only found this out via his aunt.
  • edited October 2019
    1920s or 1910s would be my guess
  • edited October 2019
    1920s or 1910s would be my guess
    It's everyday for @seth plum B)