Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Devastating news or just what we have always known? Hangovers

Comments

• They're looking at it the wrong way - it's not about prevention the night before, it's about getting over it as quickly as possible the next day.

Water, juice and alka-seltzer.
  • Cocaine solves it all
  • I don't understand those people who get lashed and somehow manage to sleep 10 hours on end afterwards. If I could do that then I'd be fine.

After a big night out im lucky if I get 5 hours and will be in a tired mess for the day.

My sleeping patterns are still a mess now from getting in at 5am on Sunday morning!
  • Drink real ale instead of factory-filth and you'll be fine.
  • Pint of water before you turn in helps a lot. Part of the hangover is that the brain is partially dehydrated - a professor (who liked a jar) told me that. It did work for me a number of times, although you can hit a point where drinking a reservoir full of water won't help you:-)
  • Bowl of crisps, a pint of water and a banana sorts out even the worst hangovers.
  • Pint of water and 2 nurofen before bed - my friend swears by it
  • 800mg ibuprofen before bed, it's an anti inflammatory which works well. Metaclorpramide (sp?) is an antiemetic found in migraine medication and also used for patients undergoing chemotherapy prevents on set of nausea and barroca dissolved in a pint of cold sparkling water is a must.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 sachets of dioralyte before bed with a pint of water, repeat again when you wake up plus 2 nurofen. Doesn't cure it, nothing does really, but it helps.
  • 800mg ibuprofen before bed, it's an anti inflammatory which works well. Metaclorpramide (sp?) is an antiemetic found in migraine medication and also used for patients undergoing chemotherapy prevents on set of nausea and barroca dissolved in a pint of cold sparkling water is a must.

That's a lot of faff

Plus berocca puke does NOT look pretty (I am the voice of experience here - I though I was dying)

• Cocaine solves it all

The real hair of the dog.
  • Then back on it for day two
  • Cocaine solves it all

The real hair of the dog.
    I'm telling your old man :smiley:
  • (Putting the fun element aside), Alcohol = A protoplasmic poison. End of!!
  • Swisdom said:

800mg ibuprofen before bed, it's an anti inflammatory which works well. Metaclorpramide (sp?) is an antiemetic found in migraine medication and also used for patients undergoing chemotherapy prevents on set of nausea and barroca dissolved in a pint of cold sparkling water is a must.

That's a lot of faff

Plus berocca puke does NOT look pretty (I am the voice of experience here - I though I was dying)

Works for me. Many years ago I was a medical rep with access to free samples of metaclopramide (that were not given to GPs) and barroca is a must!
  • Alternatively the cheapest red mill type snacks that you can buy, onion rings are good, and a two litre bottle of lilt.
  • Pint of water before you turn in helps a lot. Part of the hangover is that the brain is partially dehydrated - a professor (who liked a jar) told me that. It did work for me a number of times, although you can hit a point where drinking a reservoir full of water won't help you:-)

This. I've never had a proper hangover since drinking water before bed time. Also take plenty to drink in the night as well, if you wake up.
  • Sponsored links:

• After you have been sick, try to remember when you ate tomatoes