Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Renting a Minivan in Florida for 24yr old

Just posting this to see if anyone has rented a minivan in florida before ? I can't find anywhere that will let me hire a 7 seater minivan for a 24 yr old as the driver. seems 25 and over is most companies policy for vehicles with over 7 seats. wondering if anyone knows any other companies that will do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Well I found this site but whether they'd be able to help, I don't know. usrentacar.co.uk/young_driver_under_25.aspx

I suspect it is the insurers rather than the rental companies. Under 25 = more accidents + 7 seats = more injury claims = no, no, no.

You may have to rethink your plans. But that may be a good thing. First, minivans are derided for being mom-mobiles and are deeply uncool. But, more importantly, and I'm guessing you need seven seats, do not expect them to have anywhere near enough luggage space for seven travellers' bags as well. They won't. Finally, it might actually be cheaper to rent two mid-size vehicles but again check out luggage capacity - while yank cars tend towards big, generally their trunks do not.
  • Options
    ^^ this. We always rent full size for 3 people just to make sure there's room for luggage. And we travel light....
  • Options
    Might check if it's any easier to hire a 12 or 15 seat passenger van, will fit everyone and their luggage, easy enough to drive. Most rental companies have them.