Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rigged 3rd round? ;o)

edited August 2015 in General Charlton
Tottenham vs Arsenal, Birmingham vs Villa and Charlton Heroes vs Crystal Palarse.

These are the biggest rivalries the world has ever known.

Comments

• Options
    Wow
  • Options

Easy to do. Stick the Tottenham and Arsenal balls in boiling water before the draw. Put the Brimingham and Villa balls in the freezer. Coat the Palace and Charlton balls in oil. Give the bloke doing the draw a brown envelope. Job done.

lol is there something we should know about you?
  • Options
    Birmingham Villa will go off they haven't played each other since 2011 they really are fierce rivals
  • Options
    TMA is Sepp Blatter???
  • Options

Easy to do. Stick the Tottenham and Arsenal balls in boiling water before the draw. Put the Brimingham and Villa balls in the freezer. Coat the Palace and Charlton balls in oil. Give the bloke doing the draw a brown envelope. Job done.

When i lived in Scotland, i was told by a guy i worked with at the time that they used to do the freezer trick so Celtic and Rangers would not get each other too early in the cups.

Obvious BS but still makes me laugh.
  • Options
    It is indeed very strange. Three derby games in the same round. Actually I just had a little thought about it and the probability of it happening is 0.004%:
    1/31 * 1/29 * 1/27 = 1/24273

I'm not 100% sure if that's correct though - is oohaahmortimer here? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TMA is Sepp Blatter???

I nearly pressed the 'flag' button for the first time in my life but decided to take it in the jocular manner it was probably intended. Nevertheless, I have notified my lawyer and I will not resign my position of being in charge of the CL Prediction Cup competition.
  • Options

It is indeed very strange. Three derby games in the same round. Actually I just had a little thought about it and the probability of it happening is 0.004%:

We can't quite give you that, I'm afraid. There were alternative derbies that could have come out of the hat. Chelsea v Fulham, Newcastle v Sunderland, Man U v Man C, Southampton v Bournemouth etc.

At least, @JessieAddick, you know that Charlton and Palace are in London. In a pub quiz in Malaysia a little while ago, I was asked to name three London teams. I chose Tottenham, Arsenal and Charlton and was told I was wrong because Charlton was outside London. Hmph.
  • Options
    Everyone knows Charlton is in Kent
  • Options

We can't quite give you that, I'm afraid. There were alternative derbies that could have come out of the hat. Chelsea v Fulham, Newcastle v Sunderland, Man U v Man C, Southampton v Bournemouth etc.

At least, @JessieAddick, you know that Charlton and Palace are in London. In a pub quiz in Malaysia a little while ago, I was asked to name three London teams. I chose Tottenham, Arsenal and Charlton and was told I was wrong because Charlton was outside London. Hmph.
    I thought Charlton was a suburb of Manchester. Have I been on the wrong forum all this time ??
  • Options

Our very own Far Eastern Betting Syndicate!!!! :wink:
  • Options

Well, I think now I know where I went wrong. 0.004% is the probability of Tottenham get Arsenal, Birmingham get Villa and we get Palace.....