Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikhail Kennedy

Comments

• Options
    More importantly, is his name pronounce Michael or is it pronounced as per Mr Gorbachev ?
  • Options
    Comrade Mik hail , to be sure, to be sure.
  • Options
    I was going out with a Catholic Northern Irish girl for a while. She'd hate the fact I even said Northern Ireland. It's still a really big deal for them over there, it seems you either love Great Britain or you hate it, very little middle ground. Not everyone is religious there but it basically depends on your background. When they vote in elections it's almost a one-policy vote. A lot of Catholic players would be disowned by their families and sent death threats by former friends if they played for the North. Luckily it's easier for some, I still wouldn't want to try it though.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I thought he was excellent last night. Challenged in the air, pretty quick and confident in the ball. Really impressed
  • Options

So you are saying ALL catholics get stick when they play for NI? Genuine question, not trying to be a WUM mate.

Not the case as Martin O'Neill was a regular Norn Iron player, their Captain, Manager and hailed as an hero by all fans from both sides of the divide. Gerry Armstrong was another...
  • Options
    Reminds me of James Milner. Hard working player with no really outstanding qualities but will always put a shift in.
  • Options

So you are saying ALL catholics get stick when they play for NI? Genuine question, not trying to be a WUM mate.

Not the case as Martin O'Neill was a regular Norn Iron player, their Captain, Manager and hailed as an hero by all fans from both sides of the divide. Gerry Armstrong was another...
    Martin O'Neill did play for NI and is now manager of ROI, Michael O'Neill played for NI and is now their manager.
  • Options
    Thought this thread was about Mikhail Kennedy. Must get back to "rumours" for focused opinions.
  • Options

Martin O'Neill did play for NI and is now manager of ROI, Michael O'Neill played for NI and is now their manager.
    My bad, but it doesn't detract from the fact that he was admired by the fans... Lennon has apparently expressed support for the IRA and this brought down all this anger and hate... Ah well...
  • Options

Thought this thread was about Mikhail Kennedy. Must get back to "rumours" for focused opinions.

Oops
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My experience is that they all consider themselves to be Irish no matter whether from North or South of the divide.

I think the problems arise like in most things in life when the small minority of fanatics get involved.

It isn't really about religion. It's completely political. The Catholic, Protestant thing is purely a convenient label that follows the political divide.

My experience of both the Republic and Northern Ireland is that both are wonderful places.
  • Options

My experience is that they all consider themselves to be Irish no matter whether from North or South of the divide.

I think the problems arise like in most things in life when the small minority of fanatics get involved.

It isn't really about religion. It's completely political. The Catholic, Protestant thing is purely a convenient label that follows the political divide.

My experience of both the Republic and Northern Ireland is that both are wonderful places.

No, it isn't completely political. The are many criminal gangs in NI, maybe 150, which is a huge number for such a small population, nominally with a sectarian connection. But the reality is that's an excuse to hide behind while they get on with their racketeering, extortion and other illegal activities.
  • Options
    nah
  • Options

Reminds me of James Milner. Hard working player with no really outstanding qualities but will always put a shift in.

Who, Martin O'Neill?
  • Options
    That lad from Billy Elliot reminds me a bit of James Milner
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

No, it isn't completely political. The are many criminal gangs in NI, maybe 150, which is a huge number for such a small population, nominally with a sectarian connection. But the reality is that's an excuse to hide behind while they get on with their racketeering, extortion and other illegal activities.
    Yes I think that's a valid point.
  • Options
    mick eye el
  • Options
    "Ireland in the World Cup, either North or South."
  • Options
    Best player on the park at Southend psf, could turn out to be our own Rooney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was he on the bench today?
  • Options

Was he on the bench today?

No mate. I would've had him on there personally.
  • Options
    Thanks RA.
  • Options
    Well done on that goal, Mikhail!
  • Options
    Here are the goals from yesterday's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_iV7icrJM
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    Starting today ahead of KAG
  • Options

Starting today ahead of KAG

And worryingly, Vetokele...