Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KAG

thought he had a decent game yesterday against Hull, full of running and endeavour, being a pest for defenders, if he can work on his composure when finishing, we could have a decent player on our hands , what is he 17 or 18?

I can't make up my mind if he reminds me of a waspish Kim Grant, or the 'young' Kevin Lisbie, hope he makes it with us, I love seeing academy players make the first team.

Comments

• Options
    He's young and looks like he could progress. For two reasons I hope he's not going to get that many games for us this season.

One he's not ready yet to be our fourth choice striker and two I think too many games when he's not up to it will damage his progress in general.

I hope we can bring someone else in with more experience giving Karlan the chance to go out on loan to learn his trade and come back better for it.
  • Options

He's young and looks like he could progress. For two reasons I hope he's not going to get that many games for us this season.

One he's not ready yet to be our fourth choice striker and two I think too many games when he's not up to it will damage his progress in general.

I hope we can bring someone else in with more experience giving Karlan the chance to go out on loan to learn his trade and come back better for it.

My take on this, is he isn't 4th choice. Not even 5th. Big Mak, Watt, Igor, Caballos, Reza, JBG are probably all ahead of him.

It's just that most of our injuries at the moment seem to be strikers...
  • Options
    He is still very young and learning give he time and a loan move maybe he could be a key player towards the end of the season. Don't be liked the idiot who sits in front of me and slags him off all the time.
  • Options
    Never been impressed by him but he was good yesterday. If can he play like that consistently then is is easily good enough to be 4th choice at the moment.
  • Options
    I'd rather see him continue to be involved in the first team rather than go out on loan. Solly, Cousins, Poyet, Gomez and Shelvey didn't go out loan and it didn't harm their development.

Being a striker he can make more appearances off the bench rather than be thrown straight into the team. Might be better for him than playing League 1 or 2 football.

Thought he looked better yesterday than in some of his games last season. His shooting wasn't great but no reason why he can't improve in time.
  • Options
    Personally I think he's ready for games but not at Championship level for any length of time. At 17 I think a loan is ideal. Better than not getting any games by ending up fifth choice at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shot accuracy is awful.

That's all he needs to really work on tbh.
  • Options
    KAG or Simon (bless him) Church?
    He is 17, seventeen, still in nappies, younger than Joe Gomez. if anybody wants to dig him out they can do one and join the Morgan Fox doubters.
    Seven bloody teen.
    We finished the game yesterday with five home grown players on the pitch. KAG, RCC, JC, MF and CH....Pope doesn't count.
    For me the youngsters we continue to bring through is a source of pride.

Even though Jack Munns doesn't really qualify he played the 90 and laid on the winner for Cheltenham yesterday, and Dillon Phillips was only beaten by an own goal.

Is the training ground build still scheduled to start on the 21st October?
  • Options
    Yeah I think he played well, he does seem to get himself into some great areas, which is half the battle as a striker. With a bit more composure I'm sure we will have a decent "goal scorer" on our hands. He most definitely has got something about him and like others have said he is still a "baby!"
  • Options
    Haven't seen a huge deal yet that tells me he will be the business, but certainly not holding it against him considering how young he is.

I don't think he's as quick as I originally perceived him to be so he will need to be a good finisher to add contribution.

Also said to my old man yesterday that he reminds me of Kim Grant
  • Options
    Dont forget he almost managed to fool Michael Dawson and get a clear shot on goal only for the latter to slip and manage to tackle him, the latter being an ex-England International
  • Options
    In a way it's kind of frustrating, for lack of a better word. You can see he's got the pace and power, he's only going to get stronger as he grows into his body and he has the confidence that when he has a loose touch or shanks the ball high and wide... he bounces right back and tries again within moments... and yet, he's only seventeen. He's got a touch of naivety and a slight tendency to shoot before he thinks that he spurns some good chances.

Which is why I really wish I could think of a better word than 'frustrating' because it's not his fault at all. It's just that you can tell this kid is going to be something really special... and yet isn't quite there just yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Surely to aid his development you'd start him on Tuesday night?
    Bang in a hat trick,and away we go.... I can't remember the last time i was this excited about a Charlton striker breaking through the academy and making it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Tutt-Tutt said:

The manager got his team selection wrong yesterday. We had no threat running in behind the Hull B4, until KAG replaced Ceballos. His movement, runs into the channels and Ian Rush type closing down, gave the Hull B4 all sorts of problems and opened up spaces that weren't there previously. Luzon made the right decision to bring him on, Instead of replacing Ceballos like for like.

He will be a real asset this season. Just needs to be more composed inside the box.

I said in the Preview that it would be a nightmare if we started with big Mak as the lone striker because i knew that the other midfielder, wingers wouldn't be able to get near him.(JBG did in the 98 min !) so the Serendipity which took place with the injury to Ceballos helped the Charlton shape even thou i hate to see any one from CAFC get injured and wish Cristian a speedy recovery.

Tony watt would've had a field day against the slow legs of Dawson,

but to be fair to KAG he looks to have so much promise and the composure that he shows for the academy is not quite there in the 1st team yet, but he took his goal with aplomb against the daggers and it will come and i have no problem with him being a 4th striker and getting more minutes.
    The lad will make it, given an injury free time.

• Options
    It was his best game for Charlton, without question. He looked quicker and stronger.

He should definitely start on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Has a great first touch, one ball he bought down came from over his shoulder and he killed it dead with first touch. Pace, power and 17. The composure of finish will come with experience. Hardly surprising that he snatched at a couple of chances in one of his first games. Looks a real prospect to me. Exciting times,
  • Options

Looks a bit like Kim grant, but with a lot more va va voom across his boat race.

His "finish" on the stroke of HT was very Grant-esque

Pithy comments aside, looks the real deal and has a great on-pitch personality. He is confident, doesn't give an inch and clearly fancies himself like any decent striker should.

Breaking his game down, he is pretty much an 8/10 for all attributes, with a perfect 10 for physicality. Gosh he is some physical specimen, knock out most middle weight boxers id imagine.

Really see him making the grade as he doesn't have an obvious weakness in his game. If he kicks on he can be a Berahino/Defoe type of player, lots of chances due to his movement and clinical finishing. Give me KAG over Kane, Austin, Ings any day of the week, they have limitations, Karl has it all in his locker

You would not fancy trying to win the physical against these Addicks at the moment.

You'd rather have KAG over Austin, Ings or Kane? Now, I'll never go out of my way to slag off our players, but that is frankly a ridiculous statement. As is the "8/10 for all attributes" quote. Too much FIFA.
  • Options
    KAG certainly has good pace and movement, but is a long way off being a regular at this level. Once we get more attackers back, he'll definitely benefit from a loan spell (1-3 months).

He looks more of a natural footballer to me than Pigott though.
  • Options

Looks a bit like Kim grant, but with a lot more va va voom across his boat race.

Give me KAG over Kane, Austin, Ings any day of the week, they have limitations, Karl has it all in his locker.

Pissed ?
  • Options
    I like the look of him so far in all but the most important thing , his shooting is well I can't think of anything that won't get me on the hit list of the "never offer a negative opinion about a Charlton player " posse
    Let's hope that gets up to speed and this kid go a long way
  • Options
    Again, guilty of overcomplicating. When he was through in the latter stages vs Hull, he tried to go round the last defender (Dawson, was it?). He didn't manage to and as a result the keeper went untested.
  • Options
    Big fan of KAG, he's good enough to make it here but does get lost in games at times. There's no doubt he can finish. He may need a short-term loan spell if we can get another forward in.
  • Options
    I think he was superb against Hull considering the two quality CB's he was up against. People forget he is only 17, he is going to be very good just needs more confidence to score for the first team like he has done for the u21's for so long.