Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My new car and the mini Charlton kit woes

I purchased a new car last week, a 2 year old Ford Focus. My daughter went to the Charlton shop during the week and bought me one of those mini Charlton kits that you stick in the back window with the sucker with her pocket money (bless her).

However since then my car has developed an oil leak and an air con fluid leak all within 48 hours of this kit being stuck on and is now booked into Ford on Monday morning.

Has my car become Charltonised? Should I remove the kit and burn it?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Burn the car......its not worthy
  • Options
    Buckshee got a Liverpool one....
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I used to have a Newcastle one. It was an Austin Allegro but thought it was a Ferrari.
  • Options
    Halix said:

I was given a Millwall one. I put it in the car and ever since then it will never get out of second gear, keeps veering to the right, it's horn keeps blaring out and every so often the wheels fall off. Not only that nobody lets me out of a junction and people keep cutting me up, it's like no one likes us.

However when we go past the Vallley suddenly it runs like a dream and doesn't put a foot wrong.

Is the toolbox empty too?
  • Options

I used to have a Newcastle one. It was an Austin Allegro but thought it was a Ferrari.

Hah! Remember the Austin Allegro Estate? The small family motor that thought it was a hearse.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Halix said:

I was given a Millwall one. I put it in the car and ever since then it will never get out of second gear, keeps veering to the right, it's horn keeps blaring out and every so often the wheels fall off. Not only that nobody lets me out of a junction and people keep cutting me up, it's like no one likes us.

However when we go past the Vallley suddenly it runs like a dream and doesn't put a foot wrong.

Is the toolbox empty too?
    The toolbox is fairly new but appears to be covered in rust, it's not very full just got a few spanners in it.
  • Options
    I've got a Manure one but the car always breaks down when it goes north of Watford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem is that you have "the mini kit" if you had the focus kit I think the problems would resolve. Always use the correct parts is my advice.
  • Options
    I've got a Welling one... Its got wings
  • Options
    I've got the palarse one keeps aiming the car at old people and kids
  • Options
    I though we only sold Train stickers?
  • Options
    I got a Crystal Palace one and the car now insists on taking me somewhere between the back end of beyond and the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    I got a Liverpool one in my car, and ever since the car emits incredibly high pitched whines, the date on the dash is stuck on 25 years ago and the on board keyboard only has the letter A on it. Still, it's better than my mate's one, his Chelsea mini kit has caused all kinds of trouble, a Russian guy has given him a load of new expensive parts for it that he then doesn't use, the radio refuses to acknowledge anything from before 2004 and its now as big as a double decker bus and can only be parked in penalty boxes
  • Options
    I got a Millwall one too, it doesn't work very well but goes downhill fast.
  • Options
    I've got an Arsenal air freshner
  • Options
    I've got a leeds one and found a champions league trophy in the boot, turns out the trophy was fake.
  • Options
    I got a hybrid fake Benfica/Barcelona one from the poundshop. Now my car thinks it's Polish and the radio blares crap German music. My car used to be red but it's all black now.

Actually think it might be a Palace mini kit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got a special, 'All Scottish Football' one.
    It's in just a really crap car.
  • Options
    I've got a Spurs one but the car seems to always get stuck in 5th
  • Options
    I've got a Danny Green one, shit at taking corners.
  • Options
    I looked at that QPR one but it cost a fortune and its performance figures were rubbish. It did have retro go-faster stripes though...
  • Options
    ths bloke next door bought that Labour Party one... The wheels fell off...
  • Options
    I ordered one of those Charlton cars last March, when it turned up in August the dealer told me if I want to sit in it I'd need a key which had got lost in the post...still, it started first time once the key eventually turned up and it's looking good so far though the mechanic reckons it need a couple more parts which he will get for me by the end of the month...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I bought a second hand vintage bus from a millwall fan, it was immaculate and the bloke said it had only been used twice in 40 years and each time for a special occasion. It's called a bandwagon apparently...
  • Options
    I had an Orient one but it got squashed by the great big shiny west ham monster truck
  • Options
    I've got a Guy Luzon one... actually its a fruit cake rather than a Football shirt
  • Options

I looked at that QPR one but it cost a fortune and its performance figures were rubbish. It did have retro go-faster stripes though...

Apparently if you put the QPR one in an Austin, it keeps trying to reject it.