Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket Office

I have been trying for ages to get through today but does not seem like anyone is prepared to answer my call.....anyone know if they are open for business today?

Comments

• Options
    Same as that..... was left holding on for ages before I got fed up and hung up !! Even tried going thru to operator and that phone rang out..... Could at least tell you they were closed !! Poor show Charlton
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Are you ringing the correct number ?

I should expect they are very busy, as loads are likely querying non receipt of S/T's, as they were sent out so late, plus the ticket website seems to have been designed by a 10 year old.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/global/contact.aspx
  • Options
    I called them this morning. I was on hold for a while but they did answer. it's likely that you have called during the lunch break - which is always going to increase waiting times.
  • Options
    I phoned midday-ish, selected option 6 and waited only a few minutes. My 4 tickets will be re-issued. There seemed to be a degree of frustration with the new system at the club.
  • Options
    Still waiting on a season ticket and I have been told to wait until Wednesday and if it hasn't arrived then ring them back...i hope they don't try to post out the replacement tickets :)

Tried to book coach tickets for the Forest game which was no go but they expect to be able to do this from tomorrow.
  • Options
    Got a reall bad feeling that the lateness in sending season tickets out is going to bite them this week.

They have said wait and call them if not there by Wednesday.nso for a lot of people the post is during the working day so that means waiting until home from work on wednesday evening and trying to call them on the Thursday before the close at 12.

If there are a lot of people all trying to call beforev12 on the thursdaybit is going to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    I suspect that if they are not received by Wednesday then they will offer to have them ready for collection on the Saturday. That seems like the most sensible approach to me.
  • Options
    Just tried to get QPR tickets via website but it didn't recognise the password I used for the w.ham tickets when setting the account up. Asked for a reset over an hour ago and have had nothing through via email. Are the CON numbers now a thing of the past?
  • Options
    I phoned up and quoted a CON number but it wasn't recognized asked for name and address and that seemed to be enough.
  • Options

Just tried to get QPR tickets via website but it didn't recognise the password I used for the w.ham tickets when setting the account up. Asked for a reset over an hour ago and have had nothing through via email. Are the CON numbers now a thing of the past?

You still have your CON no, but don't seem to need it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your CON number is now your Client Ref.which is on the new season cards/tickets
  • Options
    I suspect everyone involved knows that it is problematic sending season tickets out so late, but it's needs must because it can only follow from the implementation of the system and the resources available.

It is quite bizarre that they have been unable to take coach bookings, home and away, because they didn't set the system up to deal with them, though.
  • Options

I suspect everyone involved knows that it is problematic sending season tickets out so late, but it's needs must because it can only follow from the implementation of the system and the resources available.

It is quite bizarre that they have been unable to take coach bookings, home and away, because they didn't set the system up to deal with them, though.

From my brief conversation with them today they have my family's ST renewal info correct on the old system but it's a complete mess on the new system. That must surely mean the data transfer was not set up properly. Since it is in the supplier's interest for this to be as perfect as possible my guess is that the club's testing was not as it should be.
  • Options
    Hex said:

From my brief conversation with them today they have my family's ST renewal info correct on the old system but it's a complete mess on the new system. That must surely mean the data transfer was not set up properly. Since it is in the supplier's interest for this to be as perfect as possible my guess is that the club's testing was not as it should be.
    I'm assuming you've never worked with an IT Vendor and relied on them to do a migration for you then? My experience is they quite often cock it up, don't really care and when challenged blame the source data.

I don't know how many records were in the old system and certainly don't know what the quality of the data was like (duplicates, mispelt names etc) but I'm guessing we are talking about 10,000 - 15,000 records. There is only so much checking that can be done, especially if you have to factor in people having get to grips with the admin of a new system, undertake UAT and deal with day jobs.

Suspect the blame lays on two doorsteps here.
  • Options

Hex said:

I'm assuming you've never worked with an IT Vendor and relied on them to do a migration for you then? My experience is they quite often cock it up, don't really care and when challenged blame the source data.

I don't know how many records were in the old system and certainly don't know what the quality of the data was like (duplicates, mispelt names etc) but I'm guessing we are talking about 10,000 - 15,000 records. There is only so much checking that can be done, especially if you have to factor in people having get to grips with the admin of a new system, undertake UAT and deal with day jobs.

Been involved in many migrations. In the end the club will have seen the results of test data loads. It sounds like the new database is such a mess that this should have been obvious to the club. In which case the club should have refused to move forward until the tests were OK.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Hex said:

Hex said:

Been involved in many migrations. In the end the club will have seen the results of test data loads. It sounds like the new database is such a mess that this should have been obvious to the club. In which case the club should have refused to move forward until the tests were OK.
    I don't know how robust the project management from the club end is, but regardless of that they weren't going to start the season without the new system because it would have been chaotic - they would have had to have issued match tickets to season ticket holders at best and admitted there was a problem. That alone would be a big extra cost in postage and staff time. So even if it wasn't ready and they knew it, my guess is they would have pressed ahead anyway.

There will have been at least 50,000 records (66,000 at one point to my knowledge) on the old system - a lot of it garbage by now, probably, and some of it useless in the first place because when the system was launched they were just signing up anyone at events as Red Card members, regardless of whether they ever bought anything or supported Charlton. Some of that data got weeded over the years and there were certainly efforts to deal with duplication.

Poor migration doesn't really explain some of the strange things coming out, where for example mistakes are clearly based on what was held not what people have bought this time. That looks more like user error to me, but I would imagine the staff are under a lot of stress.
  • Options
    Seems like the migration has been a success.
    It was only 3 years ago I received my sisters season ticket even though she has never lived at my address, we sit in different stands and she has used her married name for over 10 years.
    Then I receive 2 renewal forms pre-filled with other people's details.
    As I said, it seems like this mish-mash of info has migrated perfectly.
  • Options
    just rang and upgraded one of my kids ones to an adult one for this Saturday, straight through and took about 2 mins...great service
  • Options

just rang and upgraded one of my kids ones to an adult one for this Saturday, straight through and took about 2 mins...great service

ElthamAddick is illuminati
  • Options
    Just popped down in person and bought my season ticket this morning. Took just a few keep mins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did you get this sorted? I've got the same problem haven't received any password reset emails.