Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Illuminati

Comments

• Options
    Pleased with the general consensus on this thread. It kind of restores the balance for the eye- opening ghost thread.
  • Options

shine166 said:

Without doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. I remember someone trying to convince me once that there was a genuine cure for cancer which was being withheld by the "Illuminati". It was at that point I gave up on humanity.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is an element of truth in that, there's a lot of money to be made in peoples pain and suffering
    Probably says a lot about you then!
    More than likely
  • Options
    Best marketing ploy in history imo
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Pleased with the general consensus on this thread. It kind of restores the balance for the eye- opening ghost thread.

Next is Aliens...
  • Options
    Has no-one on here deduced that our great Belgian owner is one of the Illuminati?
  • Options
    No there's no evidence of triangles
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

No there's no evidence of triangles

Bollocks
  • Options

Illuminati is Italian for floodlights. Fact.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Pretty sure it used to exist (and maybe still does - but underground). Anyone interested should read this - by Robert Anton Wilson (one of my favourite authors) - The Illuminatus Trilogy. Little bit dated now and a mix of facts and fiction. Hilarious in places.

Underground, Hmmmm....

A 2 day Illuminati Jolly taking place this coming Weds & Thurs ?

• Options
    I would not be surprised if pharmaceutical companies held back cheap and effective drugs. These are some of the most powerful companies on the planet. Humans are very money hungry and people have strange ideologies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

I would not be surprised if pharmaceutical companies held back cheap and effective drugs. These are some of the most powerful companies on the planet. Humans are very money hungry and people have strange ideologies.

No such thing as a cheap drug. It takes about ten years to bring a new drug to market and about 1 billion pounds. The last thing business does is refuse to take a profit and have a loss instead.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

PopIcon said:

No such thing as a cheap drug. It takes about ten years to bring a new drug to market and about 1 billion pounds. The last thing business does is refuse to take a profit and have a loss instead.
    What i mean is if you can prolong someones life for £300 a month, its cheaper than giving them a cure that will cost £1000.
  • Options

Have you lot never seen the matrix?

No, should I?
  • Options

PopIcon said:

And if the drug saves more lives, but will not make profit.. Then the companies won't bother proceeding. You can grow canabbis for free, but they still continue to make synthetic versions that cost money
  • Options
    I don't think you understand what the difference between a cure and a treatment is, or that some things cannot be 'cured' or prevented because that is not how pathology works. In 2013 5 of the biggest killers in the UK were:

heart disease
    liver disease
    stroke
    respiratory disease
    cancer

The first 3 are primarily due to unhealthy lifestyle and genetic susceptibility, respiratory is a mixture of lifestyle, genetics and also the environment and cancer a mixture of factors. Cancer itself though is split into hundreds of different conditions that all require different types of treatment. As much as someone wanted to make a cure for heart disease, the fact is you cannot cure any of the above like you have vaccines or antibiotics.

The sad thing is, there are plenty of people out there who think that big pharma is engaging in a worldwide conspiracy to withhold life-saving miracle cures for the public so that they can make millions, even though the millions that they make is needed to continue to research and develop new or better drugs and treatments, yet ignore the fact that there are other companies out there making millions out of actively making people less healthy and more susceptible to the 5 above killers, such as tobacco, fast food, soft drinks, alcohol etc.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Have you lot never seen the matrix?

No, should I?
    No, don't waste your time.
  • Options
    SEFREE said:

nobody wants to feel they have been made of mug of all their life which is partly why people rebuff the idea that their life is so heavily controlled. the other part to that is an environment has been created where anyone who is seen to be thinking in an alternative or anti view to the controllers they are villified by the masses usually by laughter.

if people are unable to see through what is currently going on (lets just look at the last 15 years briefly as some wont have been alive long enough to go from 9/11, the following fake wars on terror, recession -the so called bank crisis (they stole your money!), uk top brass banging and possibly killing kids, greece being screwed by investments banks then screwed again by the bigger boys in banking, the displacement of innocent people trying to survive by getting to a better place after west systematically f+cks their countries) then these groups will always win and there is an argument to say you all deserve what you get from them because you let them do it.

they dont exist right? but the evidence is all around you.

your life is very heavily controlled from what you eat to what you read, see and think. but we are all too intelligent to fall for it right?

call them what you like but the do exist and they control your life.

Prove it.

And I don't mean by asking questions such

"Why do think all this happened?"
  • Options

SEFREE said:

nobody wants to feel they have been made of mug of all their life which is partly why people rebuff the idea that their life is so heavily controlled. the other part to that is an environment has been created where anyone who is seen to be thinking in an alternative or anti view to the controllers they are villified by the masses usually by laughter.

if people are unable to see through what is currently going on (lets just look at the last 15 years briefly as some wont have been alive long enough to go from 9/11, the following fake wars on terror, recession -the so called bank crisis (they stole your money!), uk top brass banging and possibly killing kids, greece being screwed by investments banks then screwed again by the bigger boys in banking, the displacement of innocent people trying to survive by getting to a better place after west systematically f+cks their countries) then these groups will always win and there is an argument to say you all deserve what you get from them because you let them do it.

your life is very heavily controlled from what you eat to what you read, see and think. but we are all too intelligent to fall for it right?

Prove it.

Okay, why do you think all this happened?

; )
  • Options
    Of course they exist.

Sir Issac Newton told me when we were both being probed in the Zorbs inter-galactic spacecraft. Still at least he cleared up what happened in Deeley Plaza.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PopIcon said:

Crystal meth. Well cheap can make it your kitchen for less than a tenner
  • Options

PopIcon said:

You can make some pretty decent meth using tangled shoelaces, I've been tripping on them for days.
  • Options

SEFREE said:

Prove it.

put politely you are asking for a sound bite answer to 6,000 + years of human history so in the spirit of your reply to me how about you disprove it?

• Options

PopIcon said:

You make it in your own kitchen Walter White.
  • Options
    SEFREE said:

I only eat carrots, never read anything apart from CL, and that's read to me because I always keep my eyes shut. Does that make me intelligent for not falling for it?

We are what we eat, see and hear - it's called being sentient beings.

I am the love child of Vera Lynn and the devil - disprove it.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

What i mean is if you can prolong someones life for £300 a month, its cheaper than giving them a cure that will cost £1000.
    Until the 4th month no?
  • Options
    Nah some old biddy up the road who thinks I am cleaning her kitchen
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Until the 4th month no?
    I like your logic!
  • Options
    SEFREE said:

You're so deluded I bet you vote Labour as well.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Until the 4th month no?
    That's my point. All about the spondoolies..