Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll - Which of the summer signings has captured your imagination?

Excuse me if this has been done

Mindful of the approaching season, let's have a chat about the football prospects of the players this season. One of the positives of Roland getting out his Mastercard, with KM getting the signings over the line, is we have a lot of fresh faces to ponder, analyse and judge wholly without merit or balance. That's the joy of being a football fan, you don't need to justify your support, just SUPPORT.

Also, can't forget the rest of the squad, so let me have a go.

Most exciting signing ;

Naby Sarr

Ridiculous pedigree gets me excited about this Unit. Young, fit and with a stellar career so far, he is on paper the biggest name I can remember for a long time. He is also just big.

I have seen him play once only, on tele v Chelsea. So that's a high (s)Barr to set.

On the technicals, I am 50/50. He isn't the quickest to react, take a Chris Perry type as a CB that covers up his stature deficiencies by being one step ahead. We need to coach him to get to the ball and not stand off

Most worrying aspect of signings

Hoofball

Now I can't name an individual because that would be silly. I don't think long ball will get us anywhere. However, I trust that the players will play a technical passing game.

Player to surprise

Kashi. Geezer is a diamond who will excel at the Base of a diamond.

Faith in regime? 100% because what's the alternative? I don't care for the methods but at least the ownership is creditable and won't leave is up shit Creek without a pitch

Excited about the season? Big time

Comments

• Options
    Peter Pan
  • Options
    Bergdich, weirdly. Could be the next Big Disappointment on the left, but I am hoping he'll be the answer to our left sided woes that have hampered us in recent years, from the injuries of Youga, Wiggins and Moussa, to the dross of Seaborne, the enigma of Harroitt and the square pegs in round holes of Cousins and Jackson, it is an area we have had little luck in.
  • Options
    Bauer for me. Must have something about him to represent Germany at the levels he has. Proven in more than one European league as well and looks a threat going forward.
  • Options
    The big no 9....he's a beast
  • Options
    Cristian Ceballos for me. Could be a very exciting signing.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

The big no 9....he's a beast

Likewise. I't will be interesting to see how it will work out for him, and what sort of impact he will have on our style of play etc, etc.

Could be a real cult hero.
  • Options
    Petr Cech
  • Options
    Makienok for me, i really want this guy to be a success for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Ba could turnout to be an excellent signing
  • Options
    Big Mak. Think he's got the making of a Charlton legend. No idea why. I just do.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ba for me.

I must say though its really encouraging that the all of our summer signings are mentioned in this thread.

Lots to look forward to I think.

Bring in QPR!
  • Options

The winger from Wolves.

Might get a shirt with his name on the back

Sako :smile:

• Options
    The ones who will capture me are the ones who play like they really care. If they're a bit good too, that would be splendid.
  • Options
    Looks like opinions are pretty much across the board. Which is very good imo. Bergdich, Bauer, Mak, Ba,Ceballos. They all bring different strengths. Plus Sarr and Kashi mentioned by OP. Could be a very interesting season.
  • Options
    Makienok will be key to the way we play. Bauer will be important to the defense. Whoever forms a partnership in midfield will be key. But the one I'm most excited about is Ceballos! As others have said he is a real creative spark! Hope he can create lots and wow us with silky skills! May not be the man for a battle on a cold Tuesday night up north but at home him and Gudmundsson will create defenses lots of problems and our strikers will get plenty of chances..
  • Options
    New signings? JBG and Cousins for me - that says more to me about RD's intent than anything else.

Of the new to Charlton players then probably Makienok, although Ceballos could be special.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure about Big Mak. Really hope he's a hit though.
  • Options
    I like that all of our new signings seem to have a least one vote here.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Kris Hyseni and Joe Aribo
  • Options
    Hard choice, I think all of the signings are great, have been studied studiously by GL and his opinion is credible. I think Makienok who was prolific at Brøndby, BA who really impressed at Bolton (imho) and our two North Africans will do brilliantly.
  • Options
    Ceballos
  • Options
    Don't know enough about any of 'em but Sarr worries me, a big tough unit for sure & will handle the physical side no problem but I fear positionally he's going to be all over the place. Hope to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    All of them. But particularly Ceballos and Ba. Two things I like about our signings (despite the fact thath I haven't heard of any of them and there is an odds to evens chance that they could turn out to be turkeys):

1. Unlike last year's recruits they are by and large permanent signings who therefore want to be here. I thought that Buyens was a class above anything we had seen for ages in midfield last year but was let down by the fact that he was simply shuffled here by the network and when the going got tough it was clear that he'd rather have been elsewhere.

2. I like the fact that we have not just assembled a team of championship has beens. For the first few games it will be great watching these new players, getting to know them and forming judgements. There will be disappointments for sure but I doubt it will be dull.
  • Options
    Ahmed Kashi for me. Having been to the Bolton psf, he picks the ball up off the back four and gets attacks moving with intelligent passing. We haven't had a player with this skill set for a long time.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Ahmed Kashi for me. Having been to the Bolton psf, he picks the ball up off the back four and gets attacks moving with intelligent passing. We haven't had a player with this skill set for a long time.

Really good to hear, because after seeing him for 45 minutes against Southend, when his team mates never moved enough, i was hoping he was a player who could push on for the 1st team.

• Options
    Bauer may end up too good for Charlton, but the signing that excites me the most is Ceballos.