Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your starting line up - based on current squad

Seems as though we have two more to come - winger (who could well be a starter I would guess) and some additional defensive squad cover.

But what would you play as it stands when fully fit?

For me:

Henderson
Solly
Bauer
Sarr
Fox
Gudmundsson
Ba
Cousins
Bergdich
Makienok
Watt

SUBS:

Pope
Diarra
Kashi
Ceballos
Jackson
Reza
Vetokele

Squad back up:

Bikey
Charles-Cook
Harriott
Moussa

I would like to see Ahearne-Grant spend a full year at a league 1 club. If he could score 15-20 goals next year then he could return like a new signing and be genuinely ready to push on. Would help his development more than sitting on the bench.

Would like to see a left winger come in, push Bergdich back to left back, and have Fox on the bench as decent defensive cover.

Comments

• Options
    That's looking our strongest 11 at the moment, and it gives us the option to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.
  • Options
    I'd play a 4-3-3: (Assuming all our signings live up to their potential)

Henderson

Solly
    Sarr
    Bauer
    Bergdich

Cousins
    Diarra
    Ba

Gudmundsson
    Watt/Vetokele
    Ceballos
  • Options
    I've a feeling he may start with Diarra at the back rather than Sarr
  • Options
    Yup likewise... My fully fit starting eleven would be:

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Sarr - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Bergdich
    Watt - Makienok

Bench: Pope - Diarra - Kashi - Ceballos - Jackson - Reza - Vetokele

Think if we went 4-3-3 we could try.

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Sarr - Bergdich
    Gudmundsson - Cousins - Ceballos
    Watt - Makienok - Reza
  • Options
    Isn't Ceballos a left winger?

It's hard to give a line up when I've no clue if a few of the new boys are any good so I'll just agree with yours :smile:
  • Options
    has Moussa featured in a PSF?
  • Options
    razil said:

has Moussa featured in a PSF?

Nope long term recovery...
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I love all these line ups and subs, but remember that there have to be 9 homegrown players in the 18. Damo's only has 7. Unless James Henry comes in and Ahearne-Grant, Harriott, Lennon or any other other youngsters are on the bench we won't comply.
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Fox
    Gudmundsson
    Ba
    Cousins
    Bergdich
    Makienok
    Watt
  • Options
    Henderson

Solly Bauer Sarr Bergdich

Gudmunssen Cousins Jackson Ba

Vetokele Mekienok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Good point on the home grown rule. So thats why Ahearne Grant stays. Reza drops to back up. Then I guess you take out Kashi and drop in someone like Charles-Cook or Harriott.

Can Ba play on the left Henry?
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Wiggins/Fox
    Gudmundsson
    Ba
    Cousins
    Ceballos
    Makienok
    Watt

Whilst I think Ba/Cousins will be OK in the middle together, I do think we'll be relying on our wingers (or probably just JBG) for goals. On paper that team looks like it could get a lot of draws, but maybe not score a lot of goals.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ross said:

I love all these line ups and subs, but remember that there have to be 9 homegrown players in the 18. Damo's only has 7. Unless James Henry comes in and Ahearne-Grant, Harriott, Lennon or any other other youngsters are on the bench we won't comply.

Maybe this is why we're not in a rush for another Centre-Back now... With the below team there are two Homegrown players missing, the notable replacements would be Lennon and Ahearne-Grant for which leaves Kashi / Reza / Vetokele / Diarra fighting for the remaining slots on the bench.

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Sarr - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Bergdich
    Watt - Makienok

Bench: Pope - Diarra - Kashi - Ceballos - Jackson - Reza - Vetokele
  • Options
    Henderson, Pope, Mitov, Solly, Fox, Cousins, Ceballos, Jackson, Ahearne-Grant, Lennon, Harriott are all homegrown first team players, plus any other youngsters. That is only 11 plus youngsters, so 9 of those 11 will be expected to be part of the 18 week in week out (unless we sign anyone else who falls under the homegrown criteria).
  • Options
    I'd have a fully fit Igor over Watt at the moment (based on his performance against WHU when I thought he looked pretty unfit)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ross said:

Keep seeing this mentioned! Under the current rules as it stands you only need to have six.. It has been proposed that they change it to nine for 16/17 season but not confirmed yet.. so for this coming season we will have no problem!
  • Options

Ross said:

Keep seeing this mentioned! Under the current rules as it stands you only need to have six.. It has been proposed that they change it to nine for 16/17 season but not confirmed yet.. so for this coming season we will have no problem!
    Blame Mr Irving for that informtaion! I saw that he stated it so believed it to be true!
  • Options
    Henderson

Solly
    Bergdich
    Bauer
    Sarr

Cellabos
    Cousins
    Ba/Kashi

JBG

Watt
    Makienok
  • Options
    I still think GL may be looking at 4-2-3-1.

Henderson
    Solly Bayer Sarr Fox
    Cousins Ba
    JBG Watt Caballos
    Makienok

Bench: Pope Diarra Bergdich Ahearne-Grant Kashi Charles-Cook
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe the amount of people dropping vetokele!
    The start he had to last season was incredible, he got injured and struggled through the year.
    If this is your team based on fully fit, surely he must be in it ahead of somebody like makienok who we've all only seen play about 70 minutes at best.
  • Options
    Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Gudmunsson, Ba, Cousins, Bergdich, Watt, Makienok
  • Options
    Ross said:

Ross said:

Blame Mr Irving for that informtaion! I saw that he stated it so believed it to be true!
    I asked what the rules are now as a change had been proposed. I didn't say it was fact.

• Options

Can't believe the amount of people dropping vetokele!
    The start he had to last season was incredible, he got injured and struggled through the year.
    If this is your team based on fully fit, surely he must be in it ahead of somebody like makienok who we've all only seen play about 70 minutes at best.

For me am starting with Watt / Makienok based on the teams that Luzon has set out so far this season... Vetokele hasnt played much Football and Makienok offers something different up front and will ensure that Defenders dont have the usual time of their lives bullying our Strikers for once.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Heres mine, i may be a little biased

Henderson
    Watt - Makienok - Greenie

that left side is too lightweight and argumentative to be a threat.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Greenie said:

Henderson

that left side is too lightweight and argumentative to be a threat.
    No I'm bloody not.......er.......hold on.......!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Greenie said:

Henderson

Ooo there's gonna be fireworks and arguments somewhere tonight when @Greenie Junior realises that he's been left out of the side
  • Options

Henderson

Solly Bauer Sarr Bergdich

Gudmunssen Cousins Jackson Ba

Vetokele Mekienok

Love you Henners but sorry, no. Just no.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Henderson

Ooo there's gonna be fireworks and arguments somewhere tonight when @Greenie Junior realises that he's been left out of the side
    He's been sent out on loan to West Ham
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    From what I've heard regarding Ceballos, I really don't think he'll be starting games, not straight away anyway. Am I right in saying that he didn't play a single competitive game last season?! According to Wikipedia the only senior appearances of his career so far were 19 games for F.C. Arouca in 2013/14.

One of the chaps who runs 'The Fighting Cock' (popular Tottenham podcast), and knows his stuff regarding the Spurs youth teams, told me that he was 'quite handy but end product inconsistent. Frequently underwhelmed for our U21s. If he's starting for Charlton then it's a heck of a responsibility'

No doubt the guy is talented and I'm excited to see what he can do, however I just can't see him being in the first 11 from the off.

Also, fully agree with @danhughes99 - a fully fit Igor must surely earn a starting place! Most people seem to be basing their de-selection of him on the performances in the middle part of last season when he was forced to limp around the pitch with one leg.