Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2015/16 season weekly betting thread

I haven't placed any bets yet. Just thought I'd start this thread so the regular winners like @smiffyboy can show us misguided souls how its done. I've pulled some odds for people though on us to start with. I've used bet365. Please feel free to chip in with your bets. Good luck

Us to win the Champ - 50/1
Promotion - 16/1
Play offs - 11/1 (to finish in top 6)
Relegation - 3/1 (bloody ridiculous IMO)

Top goal scorers

Watt - 50/1
Vetokele - 66/1

Comments

• I got 100-1 on skybet for us to win champ, stuck a tenner each way
  • 3 weeks a go i had a tenner on who would open this thread,im glad to say ive just collected 50 quid after the favourite @cabbles didnt let me down.Cheers Mate
  • cafc4life said:

3 weeks a go i had a tenner on who would open this thread,im glad to say ive just collected 50 quid after the favourite @cabbles didnt let me down.Cheers Mate

Haha - bloody hell. If only I were any good at it.....

Football's become a minefield to call these days, but I'm looking forward to that first Acca next weekend.
  • According to this, we are second favourites for the drop. I am reasonably confident that we can muster up a top half finish - please can someone clever explain the best bet to place? Must be something available on spreadbetting markets or Betfair.
  • MrLargo said:

According to this, we are second favourites for the drop. I am reasonably confident that we can muster up a top half finish - please can someone clever explain the best bet to place? Must be something available on spreadbetting markets or Betfair.

I'm not a figures man Largo so not entirely familiar with the likes of spread betting or Betfair, never really looked into it. I just couldn't believe we were 3/1 for relegation. We were comfortable mid table finishers last season. How/where do they get 3/1 from?
  • 22/1 to get promoted with Skybet
    You can get 80/1 on Watt at quite a few of the online bookamkers.

My bets for the leagues this season will probably be.

Middlesbrough
    Wigan
    Leyton Orient

730/1

• I do tenner on us winning the champ and 20 for promotion every year
    Had a fair wager on Blackburn to go down too
  • Agree on Blackburn, also think Bolton and Huddersfield will struggle this season.
  • I genuinely think this is the Blades year. Nigel Adkins will do the biz for them.

So i'd go for

Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United, Portsmouth

• Will do the Handicap bet as well

When I checked the other day Coral were offering us with a 25 point start. All teams at 18/1. I think you can do win or e/w 1/4 odds first 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy power are repeating their prem top scorer bet of last year: if you bet £20 upwards, they will give you a £2 free bet for every goal your player scores. I have gone for Costa at 11/2, so if he scores just 10 goals I break even, sort of. Aguero 3/1, Rooney 11/1 etc
  • We're 66/1 to win our first 3 games... to good to be true?
  • 8/1 to be in the top six by the 1st September with Sky Bet
  • I've bought Charlton points at 54.5 on sporting index and sold Brentford at 72.5
  • Does anyone know if you can do a goliath bet online anywhere? Don't seem to get the option too on those I've checked.
  • smiffyboy said:

Burnley
    Derby
    Wolves
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield utd

£10 5 fold £694

Where up and running, early bird catches the worm

Derby good shout. I'm also thinking Soton at Newcastle and MK Dons at Rotherham
  • Boro
    Wigan
    Luton

All to go up
  • done a ew bet on the following to win the leagues

Chelsea
    derby
    sheff utd
    leyton orient

£2.00 on £1348.00 if all came in.
  • edited August 2015
    Racing Post tomorrow (Tuesday) is a good source of information regarding teams comings and goings for the 2015/16 season
  • £20 win on the Handicap with a 25Pt Start - 18-1 (Coral)
  • Sponsored links:

• charlton heights running in 6.10pm Kempton 33/1 25 % win ratio but 7ib jockey claim anyone fancy it
  • edited August 2015
    I'm going to be doing the South London treble every weekend . IE : Charlton win and Scumwall & Palarse lose.

This weekend the odds are 15-1
  • edited August 2015
    Everton
    Palace
    Sheff Wed
    Hull
    Doncaster
    Leyton Orient

95/1
  • Everton
    Palace
    Hull
    Ipswich
    Wolves
    Colchester

£20 returns £3427
  • edited August 2015
    ive got a tenner on us to win the league @ 100/1

arsenal, derby, sheff utd & portsmouth to win their respective leagues @ 1473/1

for this weekend ive got man utd, arsenal and charlton @ 6/1
  • Anyone else interested in putting forward one weekend bet every week, and we all keep track of each other's progress over the season? Little comp to see who ends up up or down (and by how much) ?