Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monkey Gesture Middelsbro fan found guilty

£600 fine plus £600 costs and a 3 year banning order.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-33703421

Comments

• Options
    What is a "monkey gesture" exactly?
  • Options
    Putting your hands under your armpits, to imitate a monkey/chimp.
  • Options

Putting your hands under your armpits, to imitate a monkey/chimp.

Yeah just Youtubed it, gonna day, I know a wanker gesture and the fingers etc
  • Options
    *Say
  • Options
    brogib said:

*Say

..after gonna
  • Options
    That should stop others from apeing him.
  • Options
    This came up at work this afternoon, speaking with Boro mate. Apparently they (the courts) googled and researched the fella's claim that it was an "established local gesture" meaning "the pits".

My Boro pal could have saved them the trouble. A load of old cobblers...not sure if there's a hand signal for that or not!!
  • Options

I thought it would be £500 for a monkey gesture ?

The Judge missed that one, would have been a good headline if nothing else " a monkey for a monkey"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

*Say

..after gonna
    You know you can just edit posts Rob, you're going to need to learn that crap if you want to be a moderator.

• Options
    The irony is to be compared to an animal should be taken as a compliment as has been showed by the dentist from hell who shows mankind as the egotistic morons
    that millions are. Let's hope his Teeth are rearranged and then he can take a selfie.
    Compare me to a monkey any day of the week ?
    Rather than a Towie or a Geordie shore Twat.
    I would choose a Silverback Gorilla than a Gibbon.
    I've got some standards.

• Options
    I saw the video, which i can't find now. Although the gesture is odd, it's one handed and doesn't look like a monkey gesture to me. I can't say i've ever seen someone acting out the pits before though.
  • Options

brogib said:

brogib said:

*Say

..after gonna
    You know you can just edit posts Rob, you're going to need to learn that crap if you want to be a moderator.

I always admit to my mistakes just to prove I'm not that perfect bloke everyone thinks I am. Editing is an underhand tactic if ask me
  • Options
    ...like
  • Options
    *you between if and ask
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

This came up at work this afternoon, speaking with Boro mate. Apparently they (the courts) googled and researched the fella's claim that it was an "established local gesture" meaning "the pits".

My Boro pal could have saved them the trouble. A load of old cobblers...not sure if there's a hand signal for that or not!!

If Teesside Magistrate Court had to google it, it probably isn't an established "old Teesside gesture".

If it was true, not sure how he would have expected a Beninese international to understand the gesture.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    TelMc32 said:

You do know some shady Boro types to be fair................
  • Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

brogib said:

*Say

..after gonna

I always admit to my mistakes just to prove I'm not that perfect bloke everyone thinks I am. Editing is an underhand tactic if ask me
    For God's sake, AFKA -make him a mod for a day hour minute.
  • Options
    (The racist intent of this 'Boro fan apart), I would be happy to be compared to a monkey, albeit that they are streets ahead in terms of TRUE intelligence, in a league table where human primates come dead last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

brogib said:

brogib said:

brogib said:

*Say

..after gonna

For God's sake, AFKA -make him a mod for a day hour minute.
    This!!!
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

(The racist intent of this 'Boro fan apart), I would be happy to be compared to a monkey, albeit that they are streets ahead in terms of TRUE intelligence, in a league table where human primates come dead last.

How does that intelligence manifest ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

Not by invententing computers, the internet, space ships (Alright one has been in space ((allegedly)).

No, they can point at a colour when prompted to get a gastronomic treat
  • Options
    brogib said:

se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

Not by invententing computers, the internet, space ships (Alright one has been in space ((allegedly)).

No, they can point at a colour when prompted to get a gastronomic treat
    *inventing
  • Options
    They can also probably spell better than for a bit of banana
  • Options
    *me after than and before for
  • Options
    se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

The monkeys, like other sentient beings, accept their design for life. However, we modern humans, do everything to deviate from nature's design, and in doing so, we are absolutely guaranteeing our own extinction.
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

The monkeys, like other sentient beings, accept their design for life. However, we modern humans, do everything to deviate from nature's design, and in doing so, we are absolutely guaranteeing our own extinction.
    Nurse!!
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

Got it.
  • Options
    If it's this guy, then this looks absolutely nothing like a monkey gesture. It looks more like a really confused attempt at a wanker sign.