Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch Yesterday

Did anyone else notice that our shiny new pitch wasn't its' usual self yesterday? Seemed to cut up in a few places and looked a bit patchy in places.

Assume it was the deluge of rain the day before that upset it.

Was a bit surprised as all the photos I had seen taken over the summer showed it looking as good as ever.

*Disclaimer* This is not a moan aimed at Nathan Chapman, I'm just curious as to why it didn't look as good as it usually does.

Comments

• Groundsman out
  • Yep, noticed that - was quite surprised.
  • And with all that rain, they still watered it before the game and at half time!
  • Did anyone else notice that our shiny new pitch wasn't its' usual self yesterday? Seemed to cut up in a few places and looked a bit patchy in places.

Assume it was the deluge of rain the day before that upset it.

Was a bit surprised as all the photos I had seen taken over the summer showed it looking as good as ever.

*Disclaimer* This is not a moan aimed at Nathan Chapman, I'm just curious as to why it didn't look as good as it usually does.

Yes also noticed that. From what I can remember the photos showed really green grass and diagonal mown stripes. I guess the hot weather followed by rain doesn't help.
  • It was completely stripped and reseeded, maybe it just hasn't bedded in properly yet, remember we didn't play on it last season til the capital one cup game, that's a full 2 1/2 weeks extra prep time
  • sam3110 said:

It was completely stripped and reseeded, maybe it just hasn't bedded in properly yet, remember we didn't play on it last season til the capital one cup game, that's a full 2 1/2 weeks extra prep time

That's true. They do a good job keeping the pitch lookiing good all season. Not a job I'd want - but it would be much better if it wasn't played on.
  • Noticed again yesterday that the pitch seems to have a lot of "yellowish" patches all over it. Given that it looked immaculate for the whole of last season, I was again a little surprised to see these blemishes. I'm sure someone who knows more about these things will be able to tell me why the patches have suddenly appeared?.

Again, no criticism of the ground staff as it played as well as ever. Am more curious than anything else.
  • Noticed again yesterday that the pitch seems to have a lot of "yellowish" patches all over it. Given that it looked immaculate for the whole of last season, I was again a little surprised to see these blemishes. I'm sure someone who knows more about these things will be able to tell me why the patches have suddenly appeared?.

Again, no criticism of the ground staff as it played as well as ever. Am more curious than anything else.

Clemens, I was very aware of a large yellow patch in front of the East Stand at the West Ham game and looked for it yesterday. There was just a hint of a yellow outline at that pointyesterday. Just some bald patches that need reseeding perhaps?

I know there has been a problem with foxes in the past, and I wonder if they've dug up the odd patch of grass...
  • ........or pissed all over the place
  • Sponsored links:

• Nah, they're in the Premier League these days.
  • Maybe Royal Mail didn't deliver the fertiliser!
  • Shocked at the state of Barcelona's pitch with a game a week away.