Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the ticket barcode till machine thing

*Please close if already a thread on this - especially if the title actually has the name for what these machines are called*

Not sure how good these are going to be, whether they will reduce the queues at the turnstile. seemed to me that the machines were very picky, I don't know if you need some experience at a supermarket checkout to pass through with no problems but many around me needed help from stewards.

Also when it comes to concessions how do they know you are under 18 or over 65? I mean there's nothing to stop you from buying an under 11 ticket and going through.

Comments

• Options
    There's meant to be people standing just inside the turnstiles. When a concessions ticket is scanned, the people working there are given a small signal (not sure how? a light above the turnstile maybe?) to make sure nothing dodgy is going on.

That's how I understood it would be policed.
  • Options
    Well I had to try 3 turnstiles because my ticket would not work, I was then told by a supervisor I had to wait outside for an engineer and when I suggested I went to the gate and handed my ticket over I got told I wasn't allowed. Not a good start.... The engineer arrived and he told me my ticket issued by the club was faulty as the barcode had some dots on it.
  • Options

*Please close if already a thread on this - especially if the title actually has the name for what these machines are called*

Not sure how good these are going to be, whether they will reduce the queues at the turnstile. seemed to me that the machines were very picky, I don't know if you need some experience at a supermarket checkout to pass through with no problems but many around me needed help from stewards.

Also when it comes to concessions how do they know you are under 18 or over 65? I mean there's nothing to stop you from buying an under 11 ticket and going through.

Nothing to stop you buying a kids ticket before either - well known you can get away with that should you so wish, at most football grounds, as the turnstile operators don't generally give a monkeys.
  • Options
    Went in an East Stand turnstile and got quite a dig from the electronic machine thing, thought it was dangerously positioned in relation to the turnstyle.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Mine worked fine, good that someone was on hand for those that were having problems, I queued for about 2 mins but no real problems, also good to see they were installed inside a security fence so the concerns 're non matchday theft/damage posted on here were unfounded.

Biggest improvement will be purchasing cup tickets (if only for the 3rd round) on the phone and them being uploaded onto your card save risking the post. S/Ts started being posted out yesterday by all accounts
  • Options
    I printed tickets off at home and they worked fine.
  • Options
    Can the readers read barcodes from mobile phone screens?

It worked alright for me in the east stand, though a few kids had trouble (the readers are a bit high...) - surprised they've bolted the system onto the existing turnstiles; a bit unnerving to see a machine where a human being used to be!
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:

The engineer arrived and he told me my ticket issued by the club was faulty as the barcode had some dots on it.

Sort of more morse code than barcode then.
  • Options
    I think they will be fine when people get used to using them and realise the best way of presenting the ticket to them. I think you had to get the reader lined up a bit more closely than expected which caused some delays, but when people realise they need to get the red beam on the barcode, it will work fine. I plan to get in early for the first couple of games though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Went in an East Stand turnstile and got quite a dig from the electronic machine thing, thought it was dangerously positioned in relation to the turnstyle.

What do you mean. It sounds like, you're saying that the scanner punched you ?
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Nothing to stop you buying a kids ticket before either - well known you can get away with that should you so wish, at most football grounds, as the turnstile operators don't generally give a monkeys.
    There are two lights inside. If a concession ticket is scanned, a different light flashes.

There should be a steward, inside to monitor this. In theory, it's no different, whether a turn style operator or a steward inside, is checking.
  • Options

seth plum said:

What do you mean. It sounds like, you're saying that the scanner punched you ?
    It's only human
  • Options
    As I live and breathe, do stalkers have holidays?
  • Options

I think they will be fine when people get used to using them and realise the best way of presenting the ticket to them. I think you had to get the reader lined up a bit more closely than expected which caused some delays, but when people realise they need to get the red beam on the barcode, it will work fine. I plan to get in early for the first couple of games though!

I asked a Chelsea supporter how well their similar system runs. He said it is better now BUT you still get lots of problems with people presenting the tickets/cards upside down or not knowing what to do after their ticket is vaidated. I asked him what happens when you don't enter within the 5 seconds allowed and he said you can try again - I don't think our system allows this. Basically, the system has flawed because it assumes that, eventually, all users will get used to it and get it right but that will not be the case - we are humans after all !
  • Options
    Given that postal sales have been reduced by people printing their tickets at home/work they must be going to save a lot of money.
  • Options
    Five seconds to get in? I won't see many games next season then.
  • Options
    It was actual UP TO 30 seconds to get in.

That doesn't mean the next person has to wait 30 seconds by the way.

That time will come down as people get used to it.
  • Options
    So how does this work for people buying tickets on the day, do you still have to pass them over a scanner or just give it to the turnstile operator as usual?
  • Options
    Barcode on the ticket to scan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers WSS.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    According to the steward working the queue I was in at the East Stand, most of the issues there were people not waiting for the screen to say enter, people were pushing the turnstile and jamming the system. The stewards there were telling people to wait for the screen to say enter and also showing people how to scan their tickets.

As I said on another thread, me and my daughter joined the queue at the East Stand at 2.50 and were sat in our seats in block C a couple of minutes before the teams cane out.

The queues at the ticket office seemed much worse than those at the turnstiles.

I'm sure once people get used to scanning their tickets things it'll be fine.
  • Options
    Sounds like it'll be right easy bringing 3 of my doughnut kids never mind my useless impatient self
    Although in all honesty it's probably proper simple but we are overloaded with doughnuts as a fan base
  • Options

Sounds like it'll be right easy bringing 3 of my doughnut kids never mind my useless impatient self
    Although in all honesty it's probably proper simple but we are overloaded with doughnuts as a fan base

Ooey, was that you I saw yesterday in the front row of the East with your kids, about 4 of them I think, they were counting the amount of fans in the Jimmy seed stand.
  • Options

As I said on another thread, me and my daughter joined the queue at the East Stand at 2.50 and were sat in our seats in block C a couple of minutes before the teams cane out.

Memo to self, always take one of the kids to match to work out technology
  • Options
    My ticket wouldn't scan as the machine crashed when it said 'enter' and wouldn't release the turnstile. The steward by the machine said I'd have to wait for it to un freeze but the other steward told me to try the turnstile next to it which let me in. Not sure if this means it allows double entry on one ticket (meaning you could pass back your ticket for someone else to enter on it? )

The system selling the new tickets by all accounts is very very slow according to the office staff and it did seem to take a while to print the tickets.

Didn't expect it to be perfect but the scenes outside the west at 2.40 were alarming with queues everywhere and confusion of where to join and then stewards selling east stand tickets to the queue meaning people pushed in and bypassed the long queue. Stewards didn't really help informing people where to go or which queue to join.

Worse scenes at HT though when it took ages to queue out of the ladies loo because of the amount of people queuing for food and drink. The queue didn't move so husband gave up queuing and we stayed thirsty. Shame they didn't open up more kiosks or at least the same number but more spaced out.

Also obstreperous 'fans' who sat in any old seat allowing those unfamiliar with seats miss lots of the game whilst arguing with the stewards why it didn't matter they had sat down their brood where they fancied and claimed they couldn't find their tickets when the steward offered to help them find their seats. Horrible people. Why be so rude and awkward.

No idea about that sofa thing or George Gilbey. What an odd creature he is.
  • Options

My ticket wouldn't scan as the machine crashed when it said 'enter' and wouldn't release the turnstile. The steward by the machine said I'd have to wait for it to un freeze but the other steward told me to try the turnstile next to it which let me in. Not sure if this means it allows double entry on one ticket (meaning you could pass back your ticket for someone else to enter on it? )

The system selling the new tickets by all accounts is very very slow according to the office staff and it did seem to take a while to print the tickets.

Didn't expect it to be perfect but the scenes outside the west at 2.40 were alarming with queues everywhere and confusion of where to join and then stewards selling east stand tickets to the queue meaning people pushed in and bypassed the long queue. Stewards didn't really help informing people where to go or which queue to join.

Worse scenes at HT though when it took ages to queue out of the ladies loo because of the amount of people queuing for food and drink. The queue didn't move so husband gave up queuing and we stayed thirsty. Shame they didn't open up more kiosks or at least the same number but more spaced out.

Also obstreperous 'fans' who sat in any old seat allowing those unfamiliar with seats miss lots of the game whilst arguing with the stewards why it didn't matter they had sat down their brood where they fancied and claimed they couldn't find their tickets when the steward offered to help them find their seats. Horrible people. Why be so rude and awkward.

No idea about that sofa thing or George Gilbey. What an odd creature he is.

Other than that, a stress free day out....................