Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch-side Sofa!

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

I think we should lob rotten tomatoes and eggs at the sofa :smile:

That's a good alternative. We could have pitch-side stocks. Rather than being arrested, any misbehaving away supporters could be put in the stocks and we could all lob stuff at them. That's entertainment.
    I like that idea. Throw those free (ex-Steve Brown/stretcher) brochures at them. We could start with that big fat fella from Sheff Wed.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I think we should lob rotten tomatoes and eggs at the sofa :smile:

That's a good alternative. We could have pitch-side stocks. Rather than being arrested, any misbehaving away supporters could be put in the stocks and we could all lob stuff at them. That's entertainment.
    I'd prefer to put under performing players in them !
  • Options
    Is the sofa staying until the end of the season, or until the end of August when the novelty has worn off?
  • Options
    The dancing bit at half-time won't make it to the end of the year.

Should've done a raffle or something along those lines.
  • Options
    cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-pitchside-sofa-competition-2583803.aspx

Picture comp for this week's sofa thereafter generating most noise not dancing!
  • Options
    When the cam pans to a fan, does it only have to be kissing somebody or dancing. there are a lot of visual alternatives.
    For a start doing a handstand, or if room (like against Dagenham and Redbridge) a cartwheel. Structuring a human pyramid, simulating sex (oops sorry, that would never be allowed at Charlton), showing a range of typical hand gestures as used by drivers, dislodging a big bogey from the nose and balancing it on the forefinger, plus a distance bogey flicking competition, exposing tattoos in unusual parts of the body, exchanging all clothing with the nearest person to you, doing a mime a la Marcel Marceau, writing 'I love Katrien' in semaphore with the arms, miming to a song with good lip synching, shaving or applying make up.
    I realise I've only scratched the surface here, but what I have written can be done just with visuals and does not need sound, staying with dancing and kissing is soooo last year.
  • Options
    Seems like they are really aiming this at the kids, so its all harmless fun.
  • Options
    If they were being filmed, and being ministered to by a hippie and Joe 90, how come it hasn't appeared on CAFC Player or anywhere?
  • Options
    It must be popular. I tried to book a sofa ticket for QPR but sold out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

It must be popular. I tried to book a sofa ticket for QPR but sold out

We gave our allocation of sofa seats to QPR.
  • Options
    Should have guessed Charlton fans would back this idea, words can't describe how embarrassing and for cringeworthy it is, something a 'Red Bull' club would do
  • Options

Should have guessed Charlton fans would back this idea, words can't describe how embarrassing and for cringeworthy it is, something a 'Red Bull' club would do

See ya later Nigel
  • Options

See ya later Nigel
    oh dear can't even explain yourself? 100 polish will baseballs bats at Thamesmead vs Clapton hahaha cos that's true....
  • Options

See ya later Nigel
    oh dear can't even explain yourself? 100 polish will baseballs bats at Thamesmead vs Clapton hahaha cos that's true....
    Haven't you for Tifo videos to be knocking one out too?

• Options

See ya later Nigel

Have you not got bovril to drink and trains to spot
  • Options

See ya later Nigel

Have you not got bovril to drink and trains to spot
    How the truck have you not managed to get banned here yet ?
  • Options
    I'd quite actually like to sit on the sofa. Looks more comfy than a soap box
  • Options
    I'd love to get banned from this squeaky clean wannabe premier league elderly thing
  • Options

Nice try but we all know you'll be crying when I beat you in the dance off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd love to get banned from this squeaky clean wannabe premier league elderly thing

Hahahah wannabe premier league?! Members of the top flight for 8 out of the 23 premier league seasons, more than Millwank and Palarse combined. Highest finish of 7th, better than the other lot, and a proper stadium with normal fans in it, not a bunch of europhile Gothic teens and kiddy fiddlers, nor a bunch of lacoste encased Neanderthals and scrap metal stealing 'gangstas'.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Hahahah wannabe premier league?! Members of the top flight for 8 out of the 23 premier league seasons, more than Millwank and Palarse combined. Highest finish of 7th, better than the other lot, and a proper stadium with normal fans in it, not a bunch of europhile Gothic teens and kiddy fiddlers, nor a bunch of lacoste encased Neanderthals and scrap metal stealing 'gangstas'.
    I totally understand
  • Options
    edited August 2015

You already have been, remember.

EDIT: and now for a second time.

He'll be back : - )
  • Options

you post because you want to get banned?

says it all
  • Options
    That's disappointing.
  • Options

Elderly... Who you calling bloody old... Jeez I may be 32 in a couple of months but could still kick your arse you young whippet
  • Options
    I got excited then...poof he'sgone.
  • Options
    I really want to get a place on the sofa now, would have loved to have been there when that bundle was going on yesterday, surprised Guy Luzon didn't go to the sofa rather than the stand.
  • Options
    I note they have changed the requirement from boogeying on the terrace to just having a wave. For shame those people who actually waved at the camera yesterday, they spoilt an almost perfect non-response from the rest of the ground.

I almost feel sorry for BDl who has to make the best of this debacle, and must have to swallow something hard and jagged when he's reminded it's time for the sofa fan cam.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I really want to get a place on the sofa now, would have loved to have been there when that bundle was going on yesterday, surprised Guy Luzon didn't go to the sofa rather than the stand.

It would certainly make the day for the people at Claims Direct when you had to explain that you were crushed by a Israeli Team manager and ten assorted footballers whilst just sitting on a sofa. Oh and you had five thousand+ witness statements .Remember where there's blame..........