Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch-side Sofa!

Comments

• Options

I honestly don't see the problem. Some of you lot are desperate for a barney over nothing!

Agree. I can see kids liking it which is a good thing.
  • Options
    Charlie Austin will definitely use it for a celebration in a fortnight
  • Options
    People are always moaning about standing, everyone should be happy now.
  • Options
    First Charlton player to score at the Covered End will sit on the sofa in celebration. FACT.
  • Options
    Can he also root down the sofa and pull out a pound coin or a empty cheese and onion crisp packet.
  • Options
    so it's not just a one off gimmick , it's here for a while
    Wot a bizarre idea but I suppose if it sells a few of Harvey's sofas then it's a success for them
    How it'll get a return for us (excluding ridicule) I don't know

• Options
    I enjoyed that the "big Valley welcome" for the Gogglebox family turned out to be silence (that's how it seemed from the east stand anyway).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm all for new ideas possible improvements etc but it's just a bad idea, an unnecessary pointless one.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the full reason it's there or what the club gains from it , What or where it's being marketed for , how many other clubs where approached how many turned it down

Embarrassing far from it

An odd thing to do potentially

Outside of the norm and an attempt to try other avenues that don't include two people shagging on the pitch that also some saw as embarrassing and a move from family values

Well there is nothing I treasure more than a sofa day with my kids and missus

So make your minds up is shagging on the pitch embarrassing or a sofa aimed at one of the most popular programmes on TV being somehow connected with our club raising it's profile,

If your bothered that other fans will take the piss well you can't have been going long to charlton because for decades we have been ridiculed for being train spotters and pikeys when we had no ground, we have been ridiculed over our fan Base size

Come on where is this embarrassing
  • Options
    Harvey's (who provided the sofa) have got advertising going up around the ground, mostly on the TVs on the concourse at the moment.

I would assume/hope they're paying us a decent amount of money for a season of exposure. Every little helps when we're losing half a dozen million each year.
  • Options
    Shakes head and walks away,
  • Options
    Some of you lot are turning into grumpy old men ... It's a bit of fun and I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers for the coming season.
  • Options
    What happens when it pisses down? Are the incumbents expected to sit on a soggy sofa?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

What happens when it pisses down? Are the incumbents expected to sit on a soggy sofa?

Good point. Perhaps they'll build a conservatory over it. Stick a pool table in there too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

What gets me is people slagging off Palace and their Ultras and not seeing how this is shameful? Both are high on the cringe scale but the couch is worse.

If Palace had done this I guarantee the same people on here saying it's "just a bit of fun" would be ripping the piddle out of them for it.

Exactly
    I know I'd prefer a few geeks dressed in black singing and bouncing than a poxy sofa
  • Options
    We all agree Harveys are better than sofa world.

You can stick your DFS sale up your arse

We can see you sitting down

Sofa sofa give us a wave.

That's four new songs already.
  • Options
    when the sofa starts beating up the kids and dads that sit on it, or starts to pretend to be a hardcore European hooligan group then it will be embarrassing but for now its a revenue stream surely, or does it spring up and shout the players name who is coming on as sub
  • Options
    I wonder if the sofa will be switched every week so we can see their full range?
    Be careful buying any "display models" from Harvey's.....
  • Options
    Not sure I would want to sit on it, didn't seem to be the best view of the pitch. I would have thought nearer the subs bench would be better.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I wonder if the sofa will be switched every week so we can see their full range?
    Be careful buying any "display models" from Harvey's.....

I was wondering too. White is a bad colour for a sofa when you may get stains......
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Lots of opportunities. People could have a barney for the best position on it, lap sitting, draping across it, sit on the arms and the back. Ought to be a cat, or a lapdog, could be creative cushioning going on, as well as a throw and cover display with lots of waving of material. There is bouncing up and down on the springs, hiding behind the sofa obviously, hoovering round it as occupants lift their legs, snogging and 'heavy petting' of course.
    Near the corner flag lots of chances for sledging the opposition, gesturing, legs spread as a trip hazard, in the rain tilt the sofa and watch for a prostrate position underneath, ceremonial and pointed turning the sofa to face the crowd during rubbish displays
    Competitive sofa racing, either using their castors, or strong people carrying it plus occupants around the pitch at half time.
    Sub's warming up could squeeze in there to do up bootlaces, we could also run a sideline in sponsored air freshners to counteract farting, and the food and drink promotion opportunities are endless.
    This is all just scratching the surface, but I see yesterday's sofa event as a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    It looks like those seat cushions took a hell of a pounding judging from that photo, they may need repadding before the next game.