Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch-side Sofa!

Comments

• Options
    Halix said:

Is it April the first already?
    What happens if it rains, no amount of scotchgarding will make it ok to sit on after that. I predict mushrooms growing from it by.
    I bet the players are organising a pool for the first to slice a shot into the sofa and take whoevers sitting on it.

Have heard there is a gazebo going up for cover.
  • Options
    What the fucking (sorry kids) hell?
  • Options
    Katrien was after scatter cushions as well, but Mick Everett ruled it was too much.
  • Options
    I told you before that there are lots of jolly things planned for match days.

Look out for what is on the big screen tomorrow....
  • Options

When I saw the tweet I actually thought the whole thing was just a bit of a joke?....turns out it's not, it's very weird

When I was told this I did try to say it might not go down too well. Apparently looking for a new kind of fan and this is one of the ways they think they can do it. Particularly aiming at families. I've no idea how the half time fan cam is going to work.
  • Options

Very Palace.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I'm sitting in west stand a block tomorrow and I fully intend on getting myself onto that sofa.
  • Options
    I can't believe nobody has asked the killer question.....

Is it an electric recliner?
  • Options

Is it an electric recliner?

My source tells me it's a La-Z-Boy. But they've had to deactivate the built-in drinks cooler because of the football booze laws and they've sown up the remote control pouch so you can't change what's on the ultra HD 3-D big screen.

But Katrien has chosen a nice chintzy throw from the Laura Ashley collection.

• Options

No doubt from the same marketing genius who came up with the shagging-on-the-pitch idea. We really are desperate for publicity. I just wish we could generate some from stringing a series of sustained results together.

I doubt it's from the same source as that person has already left the club!
  • Options
    The PDC did this for a couple of Darts tournaments (was soon dropped) difference being the sofa was in a prime viewing slot not stuck in a corner.

Can't say the club are not trying
  • Options
    David Wilkes is our Head of Marketing

http://youtu.be/Pibz83E4UrY
  • Options
    Surely this sofa will be occupied by Man Utd fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't this a Channel 4 thing, not Charlton? It's all connected to Gogglebox isn't it? Surely we can't be the only club doing it.
  • Options
    Sponsored by Harveys furniture store it seems
  • Options
    Will there be somewhere to store flasks and blankets?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Sweating the assets. Watt cleaning the seats and now Solly doubling up as a footstool. And now Jordan's new contract stipulates that he's changing his surname to Cushions.

Henderson has to change his to Sandersons, Pope to Pipe (and Slippers) and Watts to Swatches.
  • Options
    Wacky Belgians !
  • Options

Katrien said she wanted to capture the atmosphere of games in Bulgaria

"Sofia?" I asked

"That's a cracking idea" she replied.

That's a definite yellow, one more of them son and you are off...
    Can't wait until we play Chesterfield in the cup
    So we will be outclassed right from the off then...
  • Options
    As for the fan cam at HT.......

We went to the Olympic basketball & in the admittedly, numerous breaks, they were coming out with all sorts of guff, like hug the person next to you & putting close ups of fans on the big screen.

Bag o' shite.

• Options
    Aren't the Gilbeys sitting on it today West Ham fans?
  • Options

As for the fan cam at HT.......

We went to the Olympic basketball & in the admittedly, numerous breaks, they were coming out with all sorts of guff, like hug the person next to you & putting close ups of fans on the big screen.

Bag o' shite.

Bunking off work to go and watch Charlton just got a whole lot more risky !
  • Options
    Of course, I'm by no means suggesting just to be clear that throwing objects of any description, especially, eggs, tomatoes, bog rolls and the like, is in any way acceptable at football matches and I would abhor any such display of uncouthness. But let's just say I hope there's a brolly over the sofa.