Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Ham's Europa League Adventure

Comments

• Are they out yet?
  • extra time, both sides down to 10 men
  • Penalties...
  • edited July 2015
    Birkirkara finished third in the Maltese League...
  • Jammy lot will win on pens
  • Poyet scores the winning pen. Not sure about his facial hair though.
  • Poyet scores winning pen.

• Poyet scorred winning penalty for West Ham
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be flagging these posts.
  • don't think we'll see many of that team on Saturday
  • To be fair, if somebody had said to him 'join West Ham and you'll go far' they wouldn't have been wrong...
  • That's what's known as an inauspicious start.

That relegation rebate in their Olympic contract looks more and more relevant
  • Already got a CL/EL thread
  • Birkirkara finished third in the Maltese League...

To be fair, the Maltese league is the third or fourth best in the world
  • greatly enjoyed reading this comment below the Guardian report on the game

Now that was fucking awful. Honestly I cannot put into words just how bad we were. I mean I probably could try but i imagine this comment would be banned.

A few weeks ago I joked about playing the 'big boys of Europe' in these early rounds, with the notion that it wouldn't be easy. A joke. A half hearted attempt at humour. Of course we would get through the first 2 rounds with relative ease.

And then tonight, dear old West Ham. How you amaze me at times with the depths you can plummet to. Hanging on against, not even the runners of the Maltese league, the runners up, to the runners up! Absolute shambles all round.
  • Another West Ham thread, are they the new millwall?
  • So I haven't seen any of this, but when they scored the winning penalty, did they all go mental and celebrate like they'd won the World Cup?

Please tell me they did!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not very good, are they ?
  • I'm hoping these performances are a blueprint for the upcoming season. :wink:
  • I hope they qualify for the group stage. Lets see them cope with Thurs night football all over Europe and then having to play again on Sunday.
  • Least they are finally playing the West Ham way and mixing it with the big boys in europe.
  • se9addick said:

Not very good, are they ?

Dunno what is funnier,
    The fact they are struggling against teams they should be walking past.
    Or the fact they qualified via the fair play league, and in 5 games have had 3 players and there manager sent off
    Love this. Mentioned the same to the Hamsters in work this morning. Oh, the IRONy!! :smiley:
  • It still makes me laugh that they call themselves the Irons.
  • I kind of want them to qualify for Europe though as they'll struggle in the league as a result and hopefully get relegated.