Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall's reputation spreads far and wide...

Just been on one of the Chicago architecture boat tours. Hearing I'm from London, the guide then asks about football, and if I support Millwall as they'd had trouble with them before!

Comments

• Only they would be low enough to try to get into it with Yanks.
  • Hope you told him they always run from the charlton
  • Love Chicago - last time I was there it had a daytime high of -18 so guessing you are a bit warmer now!
  • Love Chicago - last time I was there it had a daytime high of -18 so guessing you are a bit warmer now!

Just a touch!
  • Never underestimate the Yanks!! just forget that 3/4ths of them support Man U or Real Madrid
  • Just been on one of the Chicago architecture boat tours. Hearing I'm from London, the guide then asks about football, and if I support Millwall as they'd had trouble with them before!

it could only have been Big bad world, he hasn't been here for a while.
  • cafctom said:

I was in Dallas on business last week and they started asking who I support. Thinking they would have never heard of us, I just did the usual "oh it's a small club, where I grew up"

"Is it Arsenal!?"

Me: "No, they play in red as well though."

Yank: "What are they called?"

Me: "Charlton, they're in South East London. Real small"

Yank: "Oh yeah, Alan Curbishley right!? I remember you guys were in the Premier League!"

......Those remarks are impossible to escape, even the yanks come out with the same spiel!

Are you JR Ewing?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
  • edited July 2015
    HL&S!

I can't think of any other spanner that would be on an Architecture tour of anywhere.
  • And now Labour shadow minister Mary Creagh has warned that the party is becoming like Millwall - "no-one likes us, we don't care".
  • And now Labour shadow minister Mary Creagh has warned that the party is becoming like Millwall - "no-one likes us, we don't care".

As many of us have alluded to over the years......biggest small club in the world :wink:

I can't think of any other 'small' club that gets as many references across such a wide spectrum/multitude of areas.

All complimentary as well :neutral:

• HL&S!

I can't think of any other spanner that would be on an Architecture tour of anywhere.

We know more about bricks/brickwork than any other Scottish supporters.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Jarman said:

HL&S!

We know more about bricks/brickwork than any other Scottish supporters.
    Fixed that for you.
    What would I do without you, JJ?

• Are Bromley now Millwalls south London rivals?

We've never had a south London rival, which is a huge shame.

• vffvff
    edited November 2015
    https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/football--dad-names-his-newborn--bermondsey-millwall-den--without-teling-his-wife-113557405.html

Millwall supporters goes to the registry office to registry his son's name as ' Bermondsey Millwall Den' says David Beckham named his kid Brooklyn so why can't he name his kid as Bermondsey.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Still wish Mr Beckham had got his leg over in Peckham......
  • Still wish Mr Beckham had got his leg over in Peckham......

but thankfully not Scunthorpe.