Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crolla v Perez fight

And people wonder why other people think that sport fixing is rife! What a crock!

Comments

• Options
    So many rounds were tight/tough to score.
    The point deductions made it easy.
    Gutted for Crolla
  • Options
    Crolla is an absolute hero and a top sportsman. The way he reacted to that utter joke of a result shows that he is a special character. He's just pleased to be able to have another chance.
  • Options
    The only way we stop these stinking scorecards is for the governing bodies to pull in and get the judges to explain how they have come up with particularly fishy cards. Anyone with a brain knows boxing is subjective but all this homer decision stuff has gone on for too long. At least if the fighters know what judges are looking for they will be more inclined to travel a bit more and will understand why someone like Anthony Crolla did not do enough to win tonight.

Even before the point deduction I had him winning by 4 rounds.

Utter nonsense in a British ring again
  • Options
    Absolute joke, before the fight I didn't expect Crolla to be close, with the points deduction he won by at least four rounds really gutted for him
  • Options
    Shocking scoring again, so annoying to see
  • Options
    Sat and watched that last night and am absolutely gutted for Crolla and disgusted with the two judges who marked up a draw/big win for Perez.

Not a cat's chance in hell that Perez did enough to keep that belt and he was the 2nd boxer last night to be lucky not to have been disqualified (after Gonzalez in the Frampton fight). It was tight, most of the rounds were very close, but I had Crolla 2 round ahead even before the 2 point deductions. Only the Finnish judge was anywhere near right with this.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that was Crolla's big chance last night. Carried a little on a wave of goodwill and emotion. Didn't show the big, big punch to sting opponents and that will mean these close fights will give bad judges something to hide behind.
  • Options
    Carter said:

The only way we stop these stinking scorecards is for the governing bodies to pull in and get the judges to explain how they have come up with particularly fishy cards. Anyone with a brain knows boxing is subjective but all this homer decision stuff has gone on for too long. At least if the fighters know what judges are looking for they will be more inclined to travel a bit more and will understand why someone like Anthony Crolla did not do enough to win tonight.

Or bring back the old days of unlimited rounds no gloves and only a knockout will win
  • Options
    I had Crolla just winning with the deductions. I wouldn't have called it a fix to be completely honest.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    buckshee said:

I had Crolla just winning with the deductions. I wouldn't have called it a fix to be completely honest.

Me too. The commentary was very biased i thought. Many rounds were close and could of gone either way. One of them fights where if you watched with the sound off you would come up with a different score.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Corolla was unlucky but it was a close fight and you could make an argument for both fighters in many of the rounds. I had Crolla up especially after the deductions but as Eddie Hearn said after, it's not a scandal, it was a close fight which most people had Crolla winning by 1/2 close rounds.

Not sure about criticism of homer decisions though, it was a Matchroom show and Crolla is a Matchroom fighter. He's also far more marketable to the WBA then Perez given the storyline of the burglary, so I can't see why the WBA would fix it either.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enough. My fix comment was late at night and after a few beers. What I don't understand is how there can be such a variation between three professional referees.
  • Options

Carter said:

Corolla was unlucky but it was a close fight and you could make an argument for both fighters in many of the rounds. I had Crolla up especially after the deductions but as Eddie Hearn said after, it's not a scandal, it was a close fight which most people had Crolla winning by 1/2 close rounds.

Not sure about criticism of homer decisions though, it was a Matchroom show and Crolla is a Matchroom fighter. He's also far more marketable to the WBA then Perez given the storyline of the burglary, so I can't see why the WBA would fix it either.

That my point. Why can't judges who come up with confusing cards explain why?

I'm certainly not saying anything was bent or fixed but I am intrigued to know how and why someone paid to score fights saw it so wildly different to me
  • Options
    Because they are as thick as pig shit mate and stuck in the old world of corruption
  • Options
    rematch ordered by the WBA
  • Options
    So everyone gets paid again.
  • Options
    Only right the scoring was corrupt