Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non Charlton - Rumours/Transfer Window

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    Joey Barton has criticised clubs in the Premier League for ignoring the chance to sign him on a free transfer this summer.
  • Options
    Crystal Palace co-owner Steve Parish has revealed the club were about to sign Michael Hector from Reading before Chelsea waded in.

The Blues signed the defender for £4m yesterday, but Parish told Holmesdale Radio the Eagles were in pole position until the Premier League champions made an approach.

"We had a deal for Michael Hector at Reading – that was a done deal and we thought we had that one. Unfortunately the might of Chelsea came in and the player chose to go there, so at least we're getting the right targets.

"I am sure Michael will do very well at Chelsea and we wish him all the best. We don't hold grudges, Chelsea are a big club and I think he has supported them since a kid, so you can understand why he chose them."
  • Options

Joey Barton has criticised clubs in the Premier League for ignoring the chance to sign him on a free transfer this summer.

Would have him here in a heartbeat.
  • Options

Crystal Palace co-owner Steve Parish has revealed the club were about to sign Michael Hector from Reading before Chelsea waded in.

The Blues signed the defender for £4m yesterday, but Parish told Holmesdale Radio the Eagles were in pole position until the Premier League champions made an approach.

"We had a deal for Michael Hector at Reading – that was a done deal and we thought we had that one. Unfortunately the might of Chelsea came in and the player chose to go there, so at least we're getting the right targets.

"I am sure Michael will do very well at Chelsea and we wish him all the best. We don't hold grudges, Chelsea are a big club and I think he has supported them since a kid, so you can understand why he chose them."

It's all kicking off in Surrey.
  • Options

Also -

New Burnley midfielder Joey Barton says he regrets sending a tweet mocking the town while at QPR last season.
    Barton tweeted a Clarets fan: "We may well be really overrated but at least we don't have to live in Burnley".
    The 33-year-old joined Sean Dyche's side in August, after West Ham pulled out of a deal to sign the former Manchester City and Newcastle player.
    "I wish I hadn't done it in a social media space because it was taken out of context," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.
    "They're passionate fans, I'm a passionate player and we had a disagreement where they targeted me and I stood and fought my ground, and I think most people see it for that.
    "If it was taken in a derogatory manner by some people it wasn't meant that way - it was me sort of poking fun and having a little fun with it.
    "My early impressions of Burnley are very, very positive and I think in time Burnley fans will get to appreciate me as much as I get to appreciate Burnley."
  • Options

If he had gone to Palace, he would have got game time in the PL this season. I've no idea why Chelsea would buy Hector, then loan him back for the season. Perfect for Reading, they get the cash and keep the player for the season, but the idea that he'll ever play in the Chelsea first team is laughable, he's not even so good that his value will go shooting up
  • Options
    Simeon Jackson has signed for Barnsley
  • Options
    Shame for Mings.
  • Options
    Nottingham Forest are expected to complete the loan signing of 21-year-old Crystal Palace winger Jonny Williams in the next 24 hours.

Kevin Nolan is training with Leyton Orient following his departure from West Ham.

The 33-year-old midfielder - the Hammers' captain until he left the club by mutual consent just days before transfer Deadline Day - remain with the League Two team for an indefinite period.

"It is great to have such a model professional in Kevin at the club, and I am more than happy for Kevin to come in and train with the squad," Orient manager Ian Hendon said.

"It is good for our players to be training with a vastly experienced and talented Premier League midfielder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nottingham Forest are expected to complete the loan signing of 21-year-old Crystal Palace winger Jonny Williams in the next 24 hours.

Kevin Nolan is training with Leyton Orient following his departure from West Ham.

The 33-year-old midfielder - the Hammers' captain until he left the club by mutual consent just days before transfer Deadline Day - remain with the League Two team for an indefinite period.

"It is great to have such a model professional in Kevin at the club, and I am more than happy for Kevin to come in and train with the squad," Orient manager Ian Hendon said.

"It is good for our players to be training with a vastly experienced and talented Premier League midfielder.

Is the the hamsters way of appeasing rival fans before the OS move?
  • Options
    Surprising that Nolan hasn't found a club yet. Or is he waiting for Big Sam to get his next job?
  • Options
    Simon Cox & Elliot Bennett join Bristol C.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34485564
  • Options
    Kyle Lafferty may look to move away from Norwich in January if playing time doesn't increase.
    I have to be honest, I've only ever seen him play for NI.
    Could he do a job for us?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Kyle Lafferty may look to move away from Norwich in January if playing time doesn't increase.
    I have to be honest, I've only ever seen him play for NI.
    Could he do a job for us?

Be the second player with links to Palermo to play for us
  • Options
    He can be a bit of a snidey thug at times.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

He can be a bit of a snidey thug at times.

I prefer the humurous cheating of Reza to what he did when at Rangers, horrible dirty cheat.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w1CCgt_Fqe4