Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet v Charlton XI (2-3, Wiggins injured)

Comments

• Options
    Ft 3 2.
  • Options
    How many Germans?
  • Options
    FULL-TIME: Dulwich Hamlet 2-3 Charlton Athletic. #cafc
  • Options
    Hendo injury is a worry
  • Options
    Lookman and Aribo looked promising
  • Options
    Poor Wiggy been really unlucky with injuries since we got promoted.

• Options
    Bikey was awful and could have been sent off. Vetokele looked fairly sharp.
  • Options
    Many Charlton there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201507&date=20150718&time=1817

Names of the trialists

"Australian trialist, Conor Ferguson, was on the bench with Southampton striker, Jake Sinclair. Dextra Pita and Nick Browne were the other trialists to be used as substitutes, while Staines' Joe Aribo started."
  • Options
    Apologies for the incorrect team line-up earlier! Got given a teamsheet prior to kick-off, only for it to be completely wrong.

To add insult to injury, the trialist Aribo was spelt as 'ABIBO' by one of Charlton's backroom staff!

You've got to love pre-season.
  • Options
    Not that many Charlton there, which surprised me.

Missed the kick-off (thanks Southeastern!) but Dulwich seemed on top first half against a pretty experienced XI. Cracking strike from Jacko though and good build for our third. Hard to tell who was who and who impressed in the second half, but Diarra defended well, THD was composed. No.7 (Kelly?) got involved and Igor looked pretty sharp - unlucky not to score from a good strike.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Apologies for the incorrect team line-up earlier! Got given a teamsheet prior to kick-off, only for it to be completely wrong.

To add insult to injury, the trialist Aribo was spelt as 'ABIBO' by one of Charlton's backroom staff!

You've got to love pre-season.

It's ok your forgiven. But I think we'll keep you away from 1st team match threads for now, seehow you develop... ;0)
  • Options
    Haven't looked too hard, but are we using made up names for our trialists? The only ones that exist (according to google anyway), are those listed with existing clubs - Sinclair & Aribo.

Sorry @Ollywozere more conspiracy nonsense!! :wink:
  • Options
    How did Ferguson play?
  • Options
    Was very hard to keep up with the team changes. Not announced at half time. Did ask that the shirt numbers should put on the website.

Staunton looked good for the short time he was on the pitch.

Diarra showed class at the back.
  • Options
    agreed hard to keep up with who was who, but overall an enjoyable game. Thought Mitov looed good in goal, made a couple of good saves early on. Jacko's goal was excellent, some comedy defending in 1st half, but Dulwich were def up for it and I thought played well. Hope WIggo isn't too badly injured. Couldn't pick anyone out from the youth/trialists, but that's probably more about me.
    I really enjoy going to Dulwich Hamlet though.
  • Options

So a number of first team player brought back to avoid injury

Henderson and Wiggins get injured

If you asked CAFC fans which 2 players would get injured in this game?

The 2 naps would've been sicknote Wiggins, and Made of glass Hendo.

• Options
    Impressed with the lad from Staines. Can see him getting another game to impress the playing staff. Young Lookman another one that looked good.

The first team lads were ok and fitness wise looked up to speed. Jacko was a lot deeper than normal in midfield but knows when to go forward at the right time. Quality finish.

Can see Diarra as a regular centre half this season. Never lost a header and such a good reader of the game.

Wiggins must have run over a cat. Looked fit. Solid and then gets a innocuous knock on his left leg. Hopefully not too serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Impressed with the lad from Staines. Can see him getting another game to impress the playing staff. Young Lookman another one that looked good.

The first team lads were ok and fitness wise looked up to speed. Jacko was a lot deeper than normal in midfield but knows when to go forward at the right time. Quality finish.

Can see Diarra as a regular centre half this season. Never lost a header and such a good reader of the game.

Wiggins must have run over a cat. Looked fit. Solid and then gets a innocuous knock on his left leg. Hopefully not too serious.

Did you see what happened to Henderson ? Hope it isn't too serious and he was just rested as a precaution - we went 99 days without winning last season when he was injured !
  • Options
    No idea what happened to Henderson. Never saw anything untoward whilst they warming up. Hopefully it was just a precaution as Euell mentioned afterwards.
  • Options
    Henderson completed warm up then next thing announcement before the teams came out that he was injured in warm up. Can't see it being anything serious, just my opinion.
  • Options
    Agree about Aribo. When I first saw him I presumed he must be a trialist from somewhere on the continent because he was very technically able. Always had a good first touch and was neat and tidy. Showed a decent bit of speed and strength to hold the defender for his goal as well, so was very surprised to find out he had playing for Staines rather than somewhere in like....well, Belgium.

In the second half the youngsters seemed to lose their way a touch without the senior pros on the pitch, but will agree with others that Staunton at RB (great cross for our third) and Lookman (goes past players with ease but often looks to take on one too many) were probably the brightest of the bunch. Diarra coasted through the game like the World Cup finalist he is, while the other first teamers looked fine. Bikey was his usual self - fine one minute, verging on calamitous the next. But it looks unlikely that we'll see him in the first team again anyway so doesn't matter too much.

THD looks suitable enough for the squad on that showing, and looks like a more natural footballer than Fox, but was difficult to see how good a defender he is when playing in a team lacking a bit of shape and bite in midfield.
  • Options

Henderson completed warm up then next thing announcement before the teams came out that he was injured in warm up. Can't see it being anything serious, just my opinion.

Cool, sounds promising. I'm struggling to figure out our pecking order after Henderson - is Dmitrovic no.2 ?
  • Options
    Agree with Tricky about THD would be good to see him in a complete squad of seniors. Yeah hope so, as was surprised when the announcement was made. Maybe he really wants to make sure he fit to face West Ham. Not sure tbf about who is his no2.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Cool, sounds promising. I'm struggling to figure out our pecking order after Henderson - is Dmitrovic no.2 ?
    I hope so, having watched him in Euro 21. And so will he.

• Options
    Will keep an eye on the odds on Dulwich winning the Ryman's this season. Some players in that side who are Conference South standard.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Will keep an eye on the odds on Dulwich winning the Ryman's this season. Some players in that side who are Conference South standard.

Thought their no.8, Carew, in particular stood out, more than holding his own against any of ours.
    Odd phrase that, 'holding his own'.